Dark Souls 2

Discussion in 'Other Games and MMORPGs' started by Deleted member 2669, 6 Jun 2013.

1. Namco Bandai has confirmed that Dark Souls 2 will be released in March 2014, though a specific date hasn't been announced.

The company decided to reveal the release window after it was proclaimed on a banner advert spotted outside the LA Convention Centre where E3 will take place next week.

[​IMG]

Announced last December, Dark Souls 2 initially raised eyebrows after the game's director revealed that the title would be more "approachable" and "straightforward". Most fans were hoping for an experience just as punishing as the one found in the previous games.

While today's news is disappointing, we did hear previously that the game may not be out before 2014. Additionally, Hidetaka Miyazaki, the man who directed the first two games in the series, is hard at work on a brand new title though little is known about just what this could be.

Update:

Update 2:
    Peter Serafinowicz - the voice of Darth Maul in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace- will lend his voice to a new character named Mild-mannered Pate in DARK SOULS II.

Peter Serafinowicz appeared in a variety of excellent British and American comedies such as Shaun of the Dead, Parks and Recreation and South Park and will be part of the cast of this year awaited big movie Guardians of the Galaxy. He also has a great experience in voice acting for video games like Star Wars: Battlefront II or Lego City Undercover.

In addition to being a very talented comedian, Peter Serafinowicz is a huge fan of DARK SOULS. When asked about the game, Peter said “DARK SOULS is the most engrossing game I’ve ever played. For me, it’s the best game of all time”.

Update 3:

Character Customization Pictures

Update 4:

Update 5:

Some pre-purchase info:

[​IMG]

Update 6:

2. Added Behind the Scenes Video

3. Jindo Just Look at the Parking Lot, Larry.

A trailer from the FromSoftware YouTube channel.

4. Fire ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) WHAT DO YOU MEAAAAN

YOU ARE ALIVE! *cough* Right...yes. Trailer looks very good. First one is great and the second should live up to it.

5. Jindo Just Look at the Parking Lot, Larry.

Everything I've heard indicates that Dark Souls 2 is much harder and much better than the first, I really can't wait to play.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Mr.Bam Praise the sun!

If that is the case then I wonder if the game really is more accesable than the previous game.

And apparently they fixed rolling into attacks so the game gets harder by default

7. Jindo Just Look at the Parking Lot, Larry.

The accessibility claim was a mistranslation fairly early on in the press campaign, I think what they intended for people to be aware of was that you had more freedom of exploration in this sequel as opposed to DS1 where you pretty much had to complete the areas in a certain order to progress.

8. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

Fucking hell yes, I'm going to play the shit out of this, got so many hours out of the previous souls games, hoping this lives up to expectation, but it's looking likely from what I've seen on Vatti and a few others channels on youtube.

9. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

Dark Souls 2: Prepare To Die Yet Again

10. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

more like Dank Souls 2: Roll another one

11. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

Awh yiss

12. Update added to main post

13. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Preorders are available here and there, from ~30 euro to 50

14. Mr.Bam Praise the sun!

Maybe sites are selling the normal edition for less because the black armour edition is the same price as the normal edition.

15. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Black Armor edition won't be available on PC as far as I know. :(

16. It was available on Amazon.co.uk for £29.99 (same price as the normal edition atm). Figured I'd pre-order that version for the time being unless a really nice digital deal pops up (I like the cool metal case lol).

17. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Yeah, but Amazon put up GTA V PC version for preorder a year ago so that doesn't mean shit. Promo pics and articles doesn't say anything about the BA edition for PC, only Xbox and PS.

18. Are you sure? These pics seem confusing if that's the case as they all seem to show the pc version among the console editions (same with the collectors promo pics). Either way I'll be looking for a cheaper deal on some download somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  19. Harv Admiral Anchovy

I've only seen pics without the PC edition so far, but fuck knows now. Guess we'll see when it's released.

20. This... Game... Will... Rock!

I love Darksouls soooo much... its the only game that gives me a real challenge and does not feel the need to give me everything for free... like a dirty little slut :D

Love it... love to fight for the win. :)

21. Added pictures of some character customization

22. Added a Trailer to the main post.

23. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

I love how they're making you vulnerable during animations, and then also give you animation cancelling. Backstabbing becoming a big risk :D

24. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

Yea seems like they're shifting backstabbing to a more stealth based component of gameplay than almost being necessary to play(well to play through the game quickly at least).

25. Added a giant article from IGN with pictures, talk about game mechanics/concepts and videos.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dark souls 2 gaming master