DarkRP Server - Y/N?

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod' started by Gaw, 14 Nov 2012.

?

Do you think we should start a DarkRP Server? (Read Thread)

1. Yes

48.1%
  2. No

33.3%
  3. Shut up Peggy (I don't mind either way)

18.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaw discord is my friend now

So, I've been keeping my eye out for new opportunities to set up various Garry's Mod servers. Right now, there's not many gamemodes available, so our choices are sadly limited. One of the most popular gamemodes at the moment is DarkRP, something I'm sure you're all familiar with. Right now, I'm trying to gauge interest to see if it's worth setting it up. I've outlined some of the pros and cons I can think of below:

Pros:
    • Could potentially become very popular, could always have a server to jump in when bored ala Orange
    • Incentive for GM members to help get it started up and to get a playerbase (money and first hand knowledge on good base locations etc)
    • Comparatively very easy to administrate compared to serious RP and gamemodes like TTT - it's always a very clear cut case when it comes to DarkRP administration.
    • Very easy to add and adjust existing features - new shipments, jobs etc.
    • Would likely be taken more serious than random DarkRP servers - Mayor outlining laws, police enforcing them and stopping thieves - players actually complying with laws and roleplaying properly all in all.
    • If it fails, it can always be removed.
    Cons:
    • Could attract more 'undesirables' to the forums - immature and young people who don't have prior experience of forums, if we were to advertise the forums heavily on the server.
    • Hellreaver would likely have a drug relapse, and continue his addiction to marijuanas - possibly returning to his old habits of injecting 4 or more a day. As we all know, Walton once 'dropped 5 weeds' and he almost died from an aneurysm.
    So, I've made a poll below. Please only vote if you actively play/have desire in playing Garry's Mod - having a vote from someone who has zero interest in actually playing the game is meaningless.
    If you have any suggestions or concerns, please post them below (e.g. I support this idea, but only if <reasonable request>).

2. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

lolno

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

5. I would love a serious RP server and I would LOVE to step up to the plate of administrating it and playing it - however I feel that is out the question unfortunately :(

I feel the one con outweighs the pro's in this case - I've never ever met a mature RPer on a DarkRP server (Out of the many I used to play/administrate when I started gmod).

We even do it ourselves - join a random DarkRP server and troll them - what makes it so different when it will be our own besides power?

I voted no - I don't think this will go well.

6. Gaw discord is my friend now

The only sort of serious RP gamemode is Pistachio, but I highly doubt it would go well. It's not totally serious, it is 'fun' but the player roleplays everything - manually setting up their job, paying for props, picking up deliveries and paychecks in the various postboxes etc. There are very very few of us in GM who would actually have the patience for Serious RP, I doubt there would be any interest at all. That's why I'm suggesting DarkRP as an alternative, so we could turn it into being a bit more serious than it is on random servers. I don't really think it's fair to say there are zero mature DarkRP players on GMod, back in my day I met plenty. But certainly, the majority aren't that mature.

7. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

That's because boatloads of 12 year-olds decided to buy the game after watching a couple of youtube videos.

I should know, I was one of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

Well it's not like we lose anything if it does fail. And there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with just setting one up and see how it goes, if it fails then 'Oh Well' I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. darkrp server list

2. serious darkrp server

3. mature darkrp servers

4. gmod darkrp server X-serious,
  5. popular serious darkrp servers,
  6. how often are paychecks darkrp,
  7. making a darkrp server step by step,
  8. what does a good dark rp server need,
  9. garrys mod mature darkrp,
  10. serious darkrp servers