DayZ standalone following Minecraft dev model

Discussion in 'ARMA & DayZ' started by Gaw, 7 Aug 2012.

1. Gaw discord is my friend now

This is good and bad news really. As you can see in the blog post, they will have a full team at Bohemia working on DayZ, with Rocket as the lead. The game will be substantially better, this is a very good thing. The bad thing of course, is that everyone who has bought ARMA 2: CO and played DayZ up to this point has been screwed out of a fair bit of money. If they give a large discount to people who already own ARMA 2: CO/have played DayZ, it'll be much more fair I feel.

2. glad I only bought OA if they're going to screw us over like this :/

3. They're not really screwing you over, it's a free mod only they're going to start to charge for it, you still have the games you bought (OA and/or ARMA 2). The same thing has happened many times with many different games including Killingfloor and Team Fortress.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Gaw discord is my friend now

That really is a stupid argument, regardless of it was a free mod or not, everyone bought ARMA 2: CO for DayZ. I personally would not have bought the game if it wasn't for DayZ, I have only played about 2-3 hours of regular ARMA 2 and it's not my type of game. I'll still have the games sure, but I don't want to play them, and I'm definitely not the only person who thinks that. For the amount I paid, I personally feel as if I got my money's worth out of ARMA 2 since I've been playing DayZ for a fairly long amount of time, but for other people like Dark, they will likely feel screwed.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Think that goes for pretty much everyone, myself included, and this definitely is the case for I would say a fair number of people on DayZ.

The only way this could be redeemed if the alpha price is dirt cheap or if the alpha is a reasonable price and the paid version is turned out to be a decent game.

6. Cactus The key is to never give up

Fuck this game, I want a refund if they're gonna make me pay. (i've only played 2 hours maximum).

7. I was gonna buy CO to play DayZ, and I'm still considering doing so if the standalone version is gonna take a while to be released.

I'll look into it.

8. coffeejunky GM's Tea-boy

I like the part where they did this after ARMA was a topseller in the Steam sale, nice to flog a dead horse then shoot it in the head for good measure, eh :p
    That being said, proper funding could really make the mod into a very decent game.

9. So you're going to get a refund from who? The ARMA 2 developers? The excuse of "I WANT A REFUND NOW! I bought your game just to play a free mod and now the mod doesn't require Operation Arrowhead and they are making me pay so I want a refund.", or the DayZ developers "You made me pay for a game I no longer need I demand a refund from you even know you made no money from my purchase".

10. It wouldn't be justified normally, but the creator (creators?) of dayz work for BI..

11. They actually work for them? Greedy bastards.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will i have to pay for the standalone dayz when i already have an account

2. dayz standalone dev

3. dayz following minecraft?

4. minecraft development model,
  5. whos working on day z