DayZ Standalone

Discussion in 'ARMA & DayZ' started by Harv, 1 Jan 2014.

1. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

Really wish my computer could handle DayZ, looks like so much fun in a group.

2. It is amazing fun in a group

It is even fun when you're alone - sometimes I like one wolfing it because I can be stealthy and rely on myself

We just had a massive firefight in Electro with a few casualties (Everyone except Tim and Free!)

3. I've been putting off buying this for a while because I've been under the impression that it could regularly take up to an hour to find somebody who has died in your group - but according to some people I spoke to I learnt this is not the case. I might have to pick this fucker up now.

4. We got in a fight before where literally all of us ended up dying at least once each, and we all just literally ran back to the battle and picked up our old stuff/got stuck in and it took hardly no time at all, about a 10-15 minute run for some and that was just one side running. Usually we have both parties running to meet halfway if a side isn't pinned (in this situation they were)

Eventually we came out the fight on top with Hooch and I as the sole survivors (after running back and getting stuck back into the fight)

Tim almost made it but died last second :(

5. god damnit tim

6. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

vid or didnt happen :p
    i miss out on all the fun when at work :(

7. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

Me too, I miss out on all the fun when I...oh wait no, I just can't run it.
    Joking aside, when I do finally get a decent computer I will definitely invest in this, looks like such great fun, especially in a group!

8. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

It all started when I walked of a building.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

whos that swag mofo in the ushanka

Last edited: 4 Feb 2014
  11. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

12. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

Aye that'd be me. also had a Dallas mask (clown mask from Payday) but i threw that away like 10 minutes before

after the entire fight where we all died once or twice i managed to find and escape with my ushanka so i'm still running about with that.

13. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

FYI new update
    change log
    Code:
    DAYZ PENDING UPDATE CHANGELOG

Branch: Experimental
    ETA to Stable: 5-7 February 2014
    Version: 0.33.114855

New:
    - Actions: chambering SKS round from pile, loading 10 rounds from pile
    - Actions: You can uncuff other players with the hacksaw
    - Actions: Cannot use an item (e.g. drink/eat) if it is "Ruined"
    - Actions: Interactions with items reworked. Drinking/Eating/etc... more robust and user-friendly
    - Actions: Restrained players cannot use inventory or action menu
    - Animations: Player now can take and hide rifle in crouched run
    - Animations: SKS reload animations
    - Animations: firing weapon when sprinting will transition player into the aimed run(with some temporary limitations)
    - Crafting: FNX45 pistol can be chambered with single round
    - Crafting: Opening cans with combat knife added
    - Crafting: Opening cans with machete added
    - Crafting: Painting Motorbike Helmets to Black and Green
    - Crafting: Waterbottles and canteens now allow pouring water between them
    - Effects: Magnum revolver ejecting shells when reloading
    - Effects: Magnum revolver sounds - gunshots, reloading
    - Effects: Mosin ejecting shells when cycling
    - Effects: New Mosin sounds - gunshots, cycling, reloading
    - Gear: Improvised courier backpack added
    - Gear: Machete added
    - Gear: Hard hats added in various colors
    - Gear: Motorcycle Helmets have black visor variants
    - Gear: Small, uncomfortable, and silly (but cute) children's school backpack
    - Gestures: Clapping Gesture added, default F5 key
    - Gestures: Pointing Gesture added, default F6 key
    - Login: Player queuing system introduced. Penalty waiting time added for switching server or disconnecting a server quickly
    - Login: Players receive a login timeout when disconnect, increased if disconnect within 30 minutes of joining (max 5 minutes)
    - Login: When players logout, their avatar sits on ground for 30 seconds. Players must make sure they logout somewhere safe
    - Server: Player spawns now cached by engine directly, increasing performance
    - Spawns: Added Bubble goose jackets into the loot spawns
    - Spawns: Added SKS rifle, speedloader, ammunition piles and boxes and SKS bayonet into the loot spawns
    - Spawns: Healthcare Center now spawns loot
    - Spawns: Police stations now spawn loot
    - Systems: Hunger and Thirst slightly modified.
    - Systems: Notifications added to UI for hydration and high energy
    - Systems: Fractures can now occur due to melee and shot damage, not just environmental
    - Systems: Fractures (arms/legs) now saved and loaded correctly from database
    - Translations: Added strings for all consumable items (Gas canisters, Batteries etc) and container items (First aid kit etc) for English, with some Spanish and Russian
    - Zombies: Different types of Military zombies now have tougher attack values and improved durability
    - Zombies: Engine dynamic obstacle checking (zombie, another player)
    - Zombies: Svetlojarsk zombie spawns added

Fixed:
    - Actions: morphine injection can be used on other player effectively fixing his broken legs and item correctly positioned in hands
    - Actions: Keys won't disappear after uncuffing
    - Actions: loading ammo works for sprayed Mosin variants
    - Actions: Read/Writing notes with paper and pen now works again
    - Actions: reviving with epinephrine or defibrillator works also if player blood is below 500 units of blood
    - Actions: Actions on another player no longer have an unlimited distance (max 2 meters)
    - Art: Bug allowing players to clip through geometry of the police station building.
    - Animations: fixed an issue where reload in prone would leave some residue sound clutter at the end of the reload animation
    - Animations: Weapon reloading for magazine was not working properly when no magazine fitted
    - Animations: Rifle Aimed Walk Updated, diagonal animations fixed
    - Animations: Sidestepping through doorway with rifle while crouching should not cause the player to get stuck now
    - Animations: knocking down player now possible in prone states, (possibly fixing the issue with frozen characters)
    - Animations: changed animation for equipping the compass
    - Animations: Proper animation played when taking pistol in run
    - Animations: Changing stances is faster now both for armed and unarmed player
    - Animations: Skinning problem with armored zombies that caused the model to warp during some animations
    - Animations: Standing with aimed weapon now allows for higher angle of tilt/bend
    - Config: Berries have more nutrition now
    - Crafting: You can no longer saw off sawed off shotgun
    - Crafting: Can spraypaint M4 to green or black
    - Crafting: Damage is now transferred when items are painted
    - Crafting: Improved Backpack creation only possible when Courier Bag is empty (previously items accidentally deleted)
    - Crafting: Weapon cleaning kit can't be used when it's "Ruined" and won't reduce condition of a gun
    - Crafting: Spraypainting an M4 won't delete your carry handle
    - Effects: Dazed effect plays again when a player is hit/damaged/shot
    - Effects: Some effects were not active locally when a player was restrained
    - Fixed: Missing texture error dz\weapons\data\weapons_damage_metal_smdi.paa
    - Fixed: Popping up texture error for beret models
    - Gear: Spraycans won't deplete after relogging
    - Gear: Book, radio, pot, pan, gas canisters, matchbox, paper, firewood and stone can be placed in hands
    - Gear: Headlamp beam raised slightly
    - Gear: Painted items now retain their previous quantities (i.e. Magazine ammo won't reset)
    - Gear: Various item descriptions and notifications fixed for grammar, typos, more detail
    - Gear: ZSh-3 Pilot helmet fixed and updated
    - Gear: Hoxton and Dallas masks where displayed in center of character, now display on face
    - Gear: Splint position in hand was wrong now corrected
    - Gestures: Taunt defaults correctly to F4 key
    - Graphics: "god rays" could cause overloaded post-processing and graphical corruption
    - Graphics: fix of removing shining object from hand (switch off)
    - Graphics: Roads have per pixel lights
    - Graphics: Dynamic lights should be now defined with "radius" value which is maximum radius of light in meters
    - Graphics: Tooltips are now not displayed for quickbar items, as it is a reference to type not specific item
    - Login: Respawn button now works correctly
    - Login: Various bugs fixed associated with connection errors that could cause a character to be deleted or killed by the server
    - Spawns: Lowered chance of Taloon and Mountain backpacks spawning
    - Spawns: Drastically lowered chance of backpacks spawning on the construction site
    - Spawns: Loot spawn tweaks in some civilian structures
    - Weapons: Mosin recoil increased
    - Weapons: Sawed-off shotgun can be loaded with ammo (was broken due to changed inheritance)
    - Weapons: Sawed-off shotgun: reduced size in inventory, reduced spread
    - Weapons: It is no longer possible to attach longrange scope onto SKS
    - Weapons: M4 carry handle can now be attached to painted variants of M4
    - Zombies: Better filter/check of attack hits directly in engine
    - Zombies: Military zombies made tougher

Hotfixed:
    - Crash: Irregular crash of server in corpse garbage collector consequence of this is that the bodies will not disappear if other player is in vicinity
    - Crash: Creating item using recipe system caused serious server crash when not enough space in inventory
    - Crash: Client crash on exit, all systems 100% reproduction
    - System: Previous build caused overzealous starvation to occur

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Anyone fancy grouping up sometime? I don't really feel like playing alone and getting killed by a bunch of gangraping shitheads.

15. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

can you throw poop yet?

16. I will!

17. Trekkie "Be Gone Thot!"- GM Management Team 2k17

Recently got a hold of a mic for a few days, anyone up for some DayZ this Sunday (17/01/2016) I was told its a good game to play with a few ppl :D

18. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

m8 you realise you can buy mics online for literally pennies?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)