DayZ

Discussion in 'ARMA & DayZ' started by Deleted member 2190, 17 Jun 2012.

1. [​IMG]
    "Welcome to Chernarus.
    A 225 km2 open world post-soviet state and one of the areas hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few who have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population, now infected with the disease.
    Go Solo, team up with friends or take on the world as you choose your path in this brutal and chilling landscape using whatever means you stumble upon to survive.
    This is Day Z. This is your story."

So DayZ is a modification that is currently in Alpha stage, and is a mod for Arma 2: Combined Operations.
    Basically, if you love Zombies, survival and realism, this game is definitely for you.
    Some screenshots:
    Walton about to pop as cap in a bandits head

Me taking a picture of a group me and Tim tagged along with

Tim and a pile of bodies and a lovely rainbow

(PM me with URL's to add here!)
    Videos:
    (PM me video URL's for here please!)
    How to install: (SHAMELESSLY STOLEN FROM FACEPUNCH. CAUTION VERY BIG IMAGE)
    Current Players:
    Lewy - Group 1 - Inland
    DukeOfCrumpet - Group 1 - Inland
    MisterSpuds - Group 1 - Inland
    Casey - Group 1 - Inland
    Walton - Group 1 - Inland
    BluePanther - Group 1 - Inland
    Zetsumei - God fucking knows

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  2. God ive been wanting to play this, come on steam put Arma 2 on sale again.

3. Cactus The key is to never give up

Yeah I would get this if I had £24 spare

4. Disregarding this until the developers stop being elitist fuckwits and release an open and/or linux server

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Should have stuck to my guns, it's fundamentally awful

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Sweaty Sweaty x 1
    • List
  6. You just had a horrible start - like all of us. The only person who had a nice start was Walton, and you joined during a game-breaking bug where food was unfindable so most people would starve. It's fixed now in the new patch and we got all of our stuff together and got sorted. It's a game of patience.

7. Gaw discord is my friend now

I hated it at first too. Give it a try today, we can pick you up in the car, you'll have a better time away from Cherno and Elektro.

Also, 1.7.1.2 is now out:

Developer's Note:
    * YES: I know this hotfix has content in it. It was content that didn't make it into the last update, and some of the fixes are bundled with this content, so it was easier to release the content than try to remove it.
    * Requires ArmA2 Beta.
    * NOTE: VERY IMPORTANT: MELEE WEAPONS ARE QUITE UNDER POWERED CURRENTLY. THEY WILL BE ADJUSTED UPWARDS OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS. EACH HAVE DIFFERENT DAMAGE VALUES.
    * ALSO NOTE: Melee is just in testing. They may not stay, they are just being tested to see how they perform. They are missing their sound effects, and tweaking of effects also.

Changelog:
    * [NEW] Tone Mapping to enhance nightlighting conditions
    * [FIXED] Generic Loot not spawning (such as food etc...)
    * [FIXED] Animals stand still and HURR DURRR (they now walk around)
    * [FIXED] New blood values not being saved when a player eats (they do now)
    * [FIXED] Duplicate players not being removed (should now be removed on login)
    * [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Hatchet (can only drop through right click in gear menu)
    * [NEW] Maximum animals increased
    * [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Crowbar (can only drop through right click in gear menu)
    * [NEW] Double Barrelled shotgun sound
    * [FIXED] Gender assignment broken (working correctly)

Even though he mentions melee weapons are under powered, Reddit/Facepunch are mentioning it only takes 2 hits to kill a zombie. Don't ignore them just because of that Dev Note.

8. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Hmm, this seems quite interesting. But I think it costs money, right?

9. Gaw discord is my friend now

1.7.1.2 is completely broken. Most servers have not updated, as ALL 1.7.1.2 servers crash every 10 minutes. Simply switching weapons in-game will create over 9000 glitched entities everywhere. Do not try and play until 1.7.1.3 is out - Current changelog here.

10. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

[​IMG]Gaw became a vegetable last night and after some time he managed to regain his ability to walk again.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  11. >filesmelt
    >.bmp

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Douglas Douglas x 2
    • List
  12. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

I'll prefer to keep my sanity kthxbai

13. Gaw discord is my friend now

[​IMG]

It got a little dark towards the end there..

14. Me and Gaw just had the most heart-racing loot run in the North West Airfield - I actually skipped heartbeats and thought I was going to die :(

15. Is this another run at 4/5am? Or the run earlier where Walton and I saved you? We are such heroes.

16. Gaw discord is my friend now

We did one much later on a different server. There was at least 3 people at the NWAF from what we heard, but we managed to survive, it was just extremely tense towards the end. No real loot to speak of, but we did get food (we had absolutely none between us, and were about to starve) and we stayed alive, so it was a big mission success.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

I'd play this if arma2 wasn't so fucking expensive.

18. Gaw discord is my friend now

How to run DayZ through Steam perfectly (so you do not need to use Six Launcher to start DayZ):
    1. Rename Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead/arma2oa.exe to something else, arma2oaOLD.exe etc.
    2. Move Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead/Expansion/beta/arma2oa.exe back to arma 2 operation arrowhead/ to replace the old exe.
    3. Set your launch options on Steam to -beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca -nosplash [add -winxp for SLI, and optionally -cpuCount=x/-exThreads=x for optimal CPU performance]
    I advise you still update DayZ and the beta patch through Six Launcher though, it takes a lot of the hassle out of it. Just run Six Launcher whenever an update comes out, and then launch through Steam like I've outlined above. Also, whenever there is a new beta patch, you will need to replace your exe again [Step 2]. This doesn't happen often however. You do not need to replace your exe if it's just a DayZ update.

19. £15 could be worse

20. Another thing to add to the list - every time I disconnect from a server and exit the game the bottom 10 pixel lines of my screen are repeated about 5 times at the top of the screen, requiring me to restart my monitor

I didn't know it was physically possible for a game to break a displayport monitor, but apparently DayZ is retarded enough to have managed it

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. funniest arma2 pics

2. arma 2 funny

3. lewyjudge12

4. how to master dayz,
  5. dayz restart game every time I disconnect,
  6. arma 2 head model,
  7. welcom to chernarus,
  8. arma 2 fuck expensive,
  9. dayz server cpucount,
  10. DAYZ master