Derren Brown, wat ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by `Lew, 9 Sep 2009.

1. Re: Derren Brown, wat ?

- Why choose more or less results?
    - Why choose more people? (Obviously less would fail)
    - Because he legally couldn't - he knew there was a fair chance of them being correct and the BBC has to be the first to announce the lottery numbers.

2. Re: Derren Brown, wat ?

- Why choose more or less results?
    - Why choose more people? (Obviously less would fail)

Forget the two above, they were just part of the Illusion.

- Because he legally couldn't - he knew there was a fair chance of them being correct and the BBC has to be the first to announce the lottery numbers.

All that says is that he doesn't have a clue, what the hell they are, until they have been drawn.

Lets think logically for a second.

It comes down to two things,
    An almost impossible mathematically prediction of the future or a very clever illusion? Hmmmm....

3. Re: Derren Brown, wat ?

Think of it as a combination of the coin flipping "prediction" and the weight guessing thing and it sort of makes sense imo

4. Re: Derren Brown, wat ?

Well you cant predict randomness, its virtually impossible. IMO its complete and utter bs and the group of 24 thing was a smoke screen for the illusion.

5. Re: Derren Brown, wat ?

You can't predict randomness out of the blue, but they had the past year's numbers to study beforehand :/

I do agree though, it seems a bit fishy.

6. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Re: Derren Brown, wat ?

CONSPIRACY

7. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

So what? If it's random that should be of no consequence whatsoever. The only thing past numbers would show is if one ball is heavier than the others or something...

8. Re: Derren Brown, wat ?

At the end of the day Derren Brown's an illusionist. It was an awesome illusion, nothing more. I seriously doubt he's a master mathematician and thought up some set of equations to predict the numbers that no-one has thought of before. And besides, if it was real, why didn't he simply use the numbers and take the winnings... more money from publicity I guess...

It's MAGIC!

9. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Sandy Channel 4 banned him from buying a ticket (somehow..contractual obligation? =/) but as far as I know that only applies to that week...

10. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

lol so now hes gonna be powning the lottery :<

11. Re: Derren Brown, wat ?

Yeah but it doesn't matter if they had 1 year to study or 1000 years, its random, therefore there is no pattern so it cant be predicted.

12. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

Now on Friday, he's going to brainwash the viewers of the show o.0

13. Re: Derren Brown, wat ?

Yeah, I believe he will really be able to do that. Not to everyone, but to some people.

14. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

But legislation prevents hyponotists from using it directly towards the camera....I don't know if this counts as hypnotism, maybe he found a loophole.

What's the bet someone will die or be paralyzed just to spite him =/

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)