dilemma

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by t3rribl3on3, 22 Jul 2009.

1. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Re: dilemma

Better get the GeForce, (onboard) Crossfire/SLI is still too unpredictable, in special case in new games (that dont have a finished Multi-GPU profile in the drivers).

+ Its not that noisy as the X2 Cards >_>

2. Re: dilemma

added another mobo to the list not sure which one to get of the two

3. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Rampage II Extreme ! ^^ Got it by myself, awesome board (if your PSU isnt killing it of course -.-')

4. Fromage "The Cheese"

Spy zappin' your motherboard!

Erik

5. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Ye, ze spy is a PSU !!!! .... erm ... WUT !?!!?? o_O

6. Re: dilemma

woot dilemma averted. Work have allowed me to roll over the cash until the start of September so ill have £611.80 then to get a new mobo, ram and cpu.

7. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

*yay*

But ..... wuts your graphics card right now !? If it sux, the whole upgrade is useless in games ;)

8. Re: dilemma

i have a 9500gt atm its not great but it does the job. i dont play any games that are too taxing on the sytem. hl2dm and tf2 both run af full res and high settings and my framerate rarely drops below 100 on a 1080p res

9. Re: dilemma

In 6 weeks time I will be getting a new setup. The only Items I will not be getting are a Graphics Card, PSU and Blu Ray Drive.

Here are the specs i have planned

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 D0 2.66GHz Socket 1366 8MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor

Mobo:ASUS Rampage II Extreme iX58 Socket 1366 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard

Ram: OCZ 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz/PC3-12800 Reaper Triple Channel Kit CL7 1.65V

Heatsink: XIGMATEK Thors Hammer Socket 1366 775 AM2 754 939 940 Heatpipe CPU Cooler

It ends up being £3 over budget which is fk all and that means i will get all of that for free except for the £3 i will throw in.

I will not replace the GC i have at the same time due to lack of funds. I currently have a 9500gt but that will get replaced once i have the cash.

I will continue to use my PSU which is a Coolermaster RealPower 520 Modular PSU (meaning it never drops below 520 and usually provides over 600)

What I want to ask is what changes would you make to what i have selected there. You guys seems to know your hardware way better than i do.

10. Re: dilemma

I have

Core i7 920 2.4GHz overclocked to 4GHz
    Asus P6T
    nVidia GTX 275 896MB
    12GB DDR3 RAM
    Corsair HX520 PSU

Your setup is great but I'd choose a cheaper motherboard...£250 for a motherboard is really O_O ...Just get the Asus P6T or Gigabyte UD5

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)