Discuss: Recruitment System

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Core, 20 Sep 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Th-

Re: Discuss: Recruitment System

I must say I agree with Disco and others that in GM there are 2 sides, the fun-community and the competitive-teams-community. As you've said all players contribute somehow, one doesn't have to be in a team - or even want to be in a team - to be a welcome addition to the clan, so I disagree slightly on Tricky's view. I've also said before that difference is not the same as inequality. I believe we should all respect each other as members of a community regardless of our goals in TF2.

Darki suggested that teams would be able to recruit on their own but those recruits would only be allowed some limited access to this community until they are voted in according to the recruitment system that is in place. I find this a good idea. On the other hand when it was suggested that a recruit MUST go through the recruitment process before joining a match team (F, Z or E if the latter is n fact a match team), I strongly disagree with this. Here are my arguments:

1) The match teams seek players specifically with teamplay/competitive experience. Odds are that those players are not so interested in playing on public GM servers at all, so they most likely are not known to the rest of GM members. How could they vote for their personality then? And suppose that the player is solely interested in competitive side and doesn't care to fill up our servers, should it be a proper reason to reject his application? IMHO, definitely not.

2) About the skill in general, the requirements to join a match team are in fact much harder than the requirements to join the [GM] clan, so its not like they are getting in easy. Judging by my experience KPD, rank on stats and hours played as a class are relatively useless indicators of skill.

3) About the behavior, team leaders are personally responsible for Core when it comes to the ethics and professionalism of the recruits. If Core has full trust in KJ's and Myke's judgement, you should have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to say against it. If you do, take it to Core personally and if you both agree on your arguments, THEN come forward with it and let everyone know. Not sooner, for that mostly inspires negative feedback and contributes to more separation and hatred.

4) Consider my point of view: IF we would have every GM member vote on a recruit to a match team, what would the vote indicate? The regulars who have no experience from competitive play simply haven't got the deeper understanding of what is required from a competitive team player, since they only play public and are fully satisfied with it. In case we had a 30 minute demo of a match, who would be so enduring that would watch 30 minutes of an unknown player, analyze the game in detail AND give an opinion of an area that he is not interested in playing anyway (I'm am talking about the regulars who have no intention to expand their TF2 experience to serious matches)? What is this? Do you get my point?

Even though match teams are meant for fun, their goals are related to the competitive side of TF2. Public players can not be expected to have the same extent of understanding when it comes to considering new recruits' applications. I have no intent of sounding like elitist, I'm just pointing out that you wouldn't ask advice from your cook on how to fix you car would you now? I hope I made myself clear.

"Ubi concordia, Ibi Victoria" = In unity, there is Victory.

2. eoN

Kinda related E needs to decide whether they want to be a competitive squad or not imo, at the moment the only match Ive heard them playing is against Z and if they want to be a Squad (in my view this means a competitive team representing GM's best of the best) they should practice more and shouldn't have members that don't want to play clan matches, the squads should either be reserved for competitive or it should be said that they are not just reserved for competitive, we need to set the facts straight to stop causing confusion.

Also, Th is 100% right

ALSO this clan needs the fun and competitive side otherwise it will die. The clan needs to recruit fun PUB players AND competitive players. Not just one or the other. You cant have 32 man dustbowl and goldrush servers and say "Oh we want pros" it just doesnt work like that. GM is a fun clan imo with competitive squads.

3. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Well I'd like to stress that I've been landed in it rather by Grendel leaving unexpectedly. I don't blame him but I would appreciate it if you'd get off our backs about it. We're not recruiting, so I don't see why it matters what kind of recruits we're looking for. :|

4. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Meh. I've made a post in the team forum. We'll see what the return is on that.

5. eoN

Also, i think the fun pub players shouldn't get fast tracked, the reason, from what i see, for people to get fast tracked by being 'sponsored' by a team should be that the team NEEDS them for a competition etc. So unless these fun pub players are playing in the competition then, in my view, they should not be fast tracked.

6. Re: Discuss: Recruitment System

Th FTW!! totaly agree on that.

7. eoN

PS ANOTHER one of my ideas stolen....

8. Re: Discuss: Recruitment System

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1153&start=0

Ok? Disco made the idea..

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Nov 2013
  9. eoN

I'm sure i said that ages ago, maybe I'm wrong or maybe it was in one of the flame posts that got deleted I don't know and im FAR to lazy to find out.

10. Re: Discuss: Recruitment System

No.

It was disco's idea even before you were accepted into GM.

Fact: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1106&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15 (Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:57 pm)

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Nov 2013
  11. eoN

:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)