Discussions about piracy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Yuuki, 15 Sep 2009.

1. Discussions about piracy

Here we can discuss about piracy etc.
    (Created to keep forums clean, no more posting about piracy in other threads please. :P)

2. Re: Discussions about piracy

Remember in the "What's your home page?" thread how I said I'd look at how many copies of 'Mirror's Edge' were sold on the PC (at my work)? Well....

There were a total of 0 copies sold for the PC... HOW MUCH OF AN EPIC FAIL IS THAT?!?! Where as for the consoles we've sold loads.

To me piracy is something that I would have done when I was younger because I couldn't afford anything (and even then I used open source stuff most of the time) - but now that I'm at work and have some money I feel that if I want something then I should pay for it.

Take my Anime for example: I pay a subscription fee to http://www.crunchyroll.com/ and get the anime that I want to watch every week -- the small amount that I pay is well worth keeping the developers in business.

As for games: I will usually borrow a game from work and if I think that it's worth owning then I will buy it -- if I didn't work in a games store then I'd use an online rental service to have a trial run of my games.

Savvy

3. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Re: Discussions about piracy

@Savage, *cough*

I pirate shit to use it as a demo, because 3/4 of the times, the official demo is nothing like the end game/program, if I like it I buy it in the end, if I hate it, I hate it and let it rot in hell.

4. Re: Discussions about piracy

open source FTW. alot better, cleaner and free. no crack shitz or trojan detected(but ignore it)! :aaaaa:

also I used to warez alot for 1 year or so, but it just a waste of time.

I only download tv shows cos i cant wait forever more for it to come in UK.

-games, those games that has no demo. i download it to try. even though I always end up buying them.

-movies, i rent them on tesco dvd rentals, unlimited DVDs/Blu Ray per month for £11. :cool:

5. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Borrowing movies and copying them FTW ^^ as for games, I tend to just buy them pretty much everytime. I don't even look at games that don't seem interesting to me so it's kinda straight forward (robbie <3 game -> robbie buys game)

6. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

i use demo's for games, or watch YT vids of the gameplay, then i go to thepiratebay

7. Re: Discussions about piracy

I hate graphics whores.
    @Savage:
    I'm downloading and watching anime first, then eventually buying it if I enjoyed it.

I've already bought The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Now it's time to buy School Days, Kanon (2006) and Clannad. :P

8. Gaw discord is my friend now

Nearly 14 here, dont expect to be making any good money for a while, so I spend what little I have on a RapidShare premium account, and along with warez-bb = win.

I still do buy some stuff to support it.. Bought The Sims 3 (Which was a mistake, it sucked ass) I buy other games also, some CD's etc.. I'm not a 100% pirate.. But I do it regulary, downloading random music and tv shows and stuff.

Fail - I'm just searching for an app now to warez :P

9. Longbow Victorique <3

10. Poxie Ray-Banned

All these guys that say about how you TRY the product, by downloading, is a load of crap. You know as well as I that you don't purchase the software or game - unless you want to play online.

I generally don't pirate anything, hell I even download the TRIALS for Adobe software. I use spotify for music - I don't listen to much on the go really - prefer the radio. I buy all my games through Steam and play.com or GAME, when I have the money. I really don't watch many movies, if I go to the cinema I'll only watch it the one time - never buy the movie or download it.

This was not a holier than thou post either.

11. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

wat

I bought one. You lie. I'm not sure if you are infact talking about EVERYWHERE and FOR ALL TIME though, sorry if I've taken it the wrong way =/

12. Re: Discussions about piracy

Read entire post plz :3

13. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Oh snap how in the hell did I miss the brackets?

U EDITZ IT

14. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Ye, saw this last day posted in a german forum .... what a stupid idiot ^^

Here what they have written:

Cheshirec_the_cat:
    Hi!
    I've got a problem when it's time to use Batman's glide in the game. When I hold <Space> , like it's said to jump from one platform to another, Batman tries to open his wings again and again instead of gliding. So he fels down in a poisoning gas. If somebody could tel me, what should I do there.

Henke123 :
    Try buying the game.

There is no poison gas in the demo and the game has not been released on PC yet.

Keir:
    What Henke said.

The problem you have encountered is a hook in the copy protection, to catch out people who try and download cracked versions of the game for free.

It's not a bug in the game's code, it's a bug in your moral code.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=95030

So much fail ......

Anyways: Leeching is evil, no more comment.

15. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

I HAZ NEVER USED TORRENTS
    WHAT ARE TORRENTS?
    APEX AND BEAU HAVE NEVER SEEN ME USE TORRENTS
    WTF ARE TORRENTS?
    =o

16. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

lol, you call me a graphic whore? i stil play age of empires 1 with lots of fun.
    that game is from 1997 ( yes i still have the CD :D)

last thing my PC can take are good graphics m8

17. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

i still play outlaws and thats a really REALLY old game, 2d fps > all :D

18. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Future Cop L.A.P.D, that game is as old as me.
    AND STILL FUCKING AWESOME.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)