Discussions about piracy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Yuuki, 15 Sep 2009.

1. Re: Discussions about piracy

voddler sounds just as stupid :P

2. Fromage "The Cheese"

Re: Discussions about piracy

Yeye :)

Erik

3. Re: Discussions about piracy

Spotify sucks. :awesome:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

:awesome:

4. Fromage "The Cheese"

Says the guy who hasn't tried it? ehm, alright. Well im glad to pay 9 euro a month to listen to music without any commercial or crappy quality. Almost everything I like is on it so I can't complain.. :)

Erik

5. Re: Discussions about piracy

Sarcasm.
    Anyway. I'm not able to try it.

E:
    I actually don't have any commercials on Last.fm.
    Audio quality is 128kbps MP3, oh well. I guess i'll live with that...
    You probably don't know how Last.fm works. :D

I've equalizer too:
    [​IMG]

6. Re: Discussions about piracy

128kbps is terrible, heck even 192kbps is noticibly worse than 320kbps on a Steelseries Siberia.

7. Fromage "The Cheese"

Hopefully they'll expand to your region soon. I think the problem is to get commercial stuff working in each country, but it shouldn't take that long. It's awesome once you get to try it.

Ah no I don't know how it works, thought it had commercials but wasn't sure. Guess the quality is good enough but it should really be 192 and up.. :)

Erik

8. Re: Discussions about piracy

Lame.

9. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

@ yuuki, wow and EQualizer, i use like at least 15 in each track.

10. Spykodemon Disabled account

Why do you need 15 equalizers? lol

Or are you using 1 for each channel?

11. Re: Discussions about piracy

Original Last.fm client lacks one.
    @Darkimmortal: Hell... I agree. Even 320kbps sounds garbage.

12. Knud Phat beats only

I know PeerGuardian wont stop all. And I scan all my files before opening :P
    And I barely download these days.. No time to watch or listen to it anyway.
    Plus I buy alot too. And go the old fashion cinema too.
    Cinema < Home Cinema < other

iTunes... :cawg:
    No sorry... I wont touch that stuff (yet). Okay, they lost DRM, but still damn expensive.
    Plus I want to use website, not program, which requires zillion updates (ok, joking)
    And € 2.49 for an episode of house, no sorry. Even if it was BSG or Caprica, it's still too much. When they air on tv, its free. Paid by silly advertisements.

Ofcourse, 20 euro is not enough, I know that.
    It's just a number.
    Maybe put a limit on it?
    But I also think, music artists should watch their actions and sayings. They earn money from radio stations, tv, interwebs. CD/DVD selling, concerts, merchandise selling during those concerts.
    Without fans, no band. No revenue. No food.
    True fans, always try to buy a album, or try to attend concerts.
    (Even some friends of mine, have small income, due to be student, still attend concerts to listen to their music (And earn them the money))

13. Fromage "The Cheese"

Yes knud, but that only apply to the music industry. How about game developers? film makers? Writers? Anything else than music that can be copied, music people are the only ones benefiting from the "real life" stuff. And when people talk about file sharing the usually say that people should work for their money, but they totally forget to categorize the different areas.. :) A limit is good but how big would it be? Will people pay?

I'm still very convinced that as long as file sharing is "legal" you're going to have tons of pirates downloading things (doesn't have to be a bad thing IF they buy the things they download.) I guess download two, buy one is fine, but not download a hundred and buy one (that's what I tend to see people in my surroundings do..)

Erik

14. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Ye, i know some notorious leechers .....

I think they wouldnt even spend 5€ for a new game if they can leech it .... i dont get it >_>

But what shall you do ?! The only thing you can do is talking with them, but they wont really listen to your arguments, why you pay for the stuff ..... Going to police, telling that you know some supreme pirates ?! Nah ...

But i see the people behind the games, that work years on good entertainment, these guys have to be payed, and deserve to NOT lose their jobs because noone wants to pay for it ..... if you really enjoyed some entertainment stuff, you should spend some money for it.

15. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Thepiratebay....abandon hope, all ye who enter here.

Piracy has seen a sharp decline in the last two centuries, to the extent whereby today's pirates are mainly insurgents floating about off the shores of europe. These scurvy bilge rats are often apprehended, since they can't outrun a helicopter.

This fall in activity may have much to do with the state of the world as it is; cities have grown to previously unimaginable sizes, and it seems all the good looting is to be had on land. In addition to this, the advent of new technology has given those fighting against the men of the sea an advantage.....a wooden galleon is no longer the greatest marvel of transportion.

16. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

pacman. :)

17. Gaw discord is my friend now

M.A.M.E. > About 60,000 ROM's > Pacman

18. Knud Phat beats only

I forgot to mention, that I will buy my games legally (I want the box :D), so on that part, I'm with you ^_^
    As for movies, I still go the cinema, atleast once per month. And other movies/series I mostly buy afterwards.

As for paying downloads, it has to start somewhere me thinks. It needs to time to get accepted.

19. Knud Phat beats only

I BOUGHT settlers 2 - 10th Anniversary edition.
    But it came without a booklet/guide. So no CD-key to active/install the game.
    That is stupid, now I will need to download some illegal copy to get a key. (Or search serials.ws for it)

This is really retarded and is not helping one bit to avoid piracy!

(yes, ranting time!)

20. Fromage "The Cheese"

Or contact the company that you bought it from? :) happend to me once as well but I just called them and they fixed it right away.

Erik

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)