Display Damage Dealth suggestion.

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Ravioli, 28 Aug 2013.

1. Ravioli what?

I was thinking about maybe we could get Display Damage Dealth for TF2. For those who doesn't know, it shows with white (mostly white I belive) text in the middle of the screen (this is just a small text, not over the whole screen or something.) and stays there for like 3 seconds, I don't really know. In my opinion, it's not something super important, but just something that'd be usefull.

I know that you can do this in the Advanced Options in-game, but that doesn't appear nor stays there for a little while. This was just a suggestion I had, don't know if it's rather neccesairy/unneccesairy.

(PS: didn't know if I should've putted this in the Suggestion section, but it was about TF2 so I putted it here, that's why if you're wondering.)

2. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

Displays white text saying what?

3. Ravioli what?

The Damage you recenly did to an enemy.

4. ima Bean Go ham or go home.

Don't mean to sound a bellend but how would it be more useful than the red text you already get? unless you mean after you kill someone so you can see the damage dealt, I don't see a use for it when the in game option is already there. In fact it would also be a clusterfuck if you happen to hit multiple enemies, and you won't be paying much attention to it anyway if you're in combat

5. What do you mean it doesn't stay very long? It stays indefinitley, I am pretty sure. Kinda pointless if this is the case

6. Ravioli what?

The red Damage text disappears under 1 second, and it stays at the enemy you just shot. With the white text, it follows your own camera, instead of staying at the enemy/corpse.

7. Sim Burner of props and hunter of hunters

Just get yourself a decent hud that can be made to show the most recent damage. A lot of them display it under your own health.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. ima Bean Go ham or go home.

I realise that, but my question still stands. In what situation would it be useful enough?

Maybe personal opinion but the red text was easy enough for me to notice/pay attention to

or what sim said c:

9. Ravioli what?

Hmm, knew it was HUDs but not for this one. Thanks Sim, will check that up.

And I think ot'd be usefull if you run for example around a corner, shoots someone then run back and sees the DMG you did. Or if you rocketjump/stickyjump and shoot a rocket/sticky/grenade and then it shows much better like that.

But I guess I'll just get a HUD :)

10. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

I'm with Bean, it sounds pretty pointless when you've got the damage indicators already, and Sim made a good point too, any decent hud will remedy this solution.

11. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

About the HUD, I would recommend PVhud, imo it's the best HUD out there, it's basically a better version of the regular HUD, but more effective and simple, the player HUD is much nicer, and the player and team HUD doesn't take your whole screen. Just my recommendation, try it out, it can be buggy at when HUD updates are out (When MvM came out it had one, and the current one has a very small problem)

Last edited: 28 Aug 2013
  12. Ravioli what?

Wow thanks man!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)