Do I have some admin rights at the gaming server ?!

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Obaruler, 14 Feb 2009.

1. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Do I have some admin rights at the gaming server ?!

Just happened last night during a match on #3 dustbowl server:

I tiped in "!votemenu" because i wanted to have a vote to turn alltalk on ... well, i chosed to turn it on, and then i got the message, that the "vote succeded with 1 vote" ... wtf !? Kid sayed, that this wouldnt be supposed to happen, so i ask myself, if i really have some admin rights (who could be that stupid ?! xD), or if this is just bug on the server.

2. Ash

Re: Do I have some admin rights at the gaming server ?!

I was wondering the same thing a while ago.. it only takes 1 vote regardless of how full the server is to turn alltalk on or off.

Anyone on the server can do this.

*edit

I have seen the alltalk vote come up before for people to vote.. but anytime i've done it, its just turned it on straight away just from my vote.

3. Re: Do I have some admin rights at the gaming server ?!

Yep, everyone has the power to turn all talk on/ off and put up a vote to scramble teams. The all talk IMHO should be "votes" rather than just "on/ off", but that's just me :P

4. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

no i meant this "shouldn't" happen as in its dumb. sorry you miss understood me lol
    i think this is a bug or something that needs fixing imo because that is just stupid, one person can just simply do vote scramble, vote mute, vote all talk etc. with scramble its a proper vote though. it is really dumb I'd suggest it does a full vote with EVERYONE'S vote not one persons.

5. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

well, just some minutes ago, it was very usefull that i could do so ..... some voice spammer was annoying us with werid music via alltalk, so decided to mute him for everyone therewas no admin online, i hope that you can fogive me this unauthorized use of this bug ... but he really annoyed everyone..... 5 min later, Savage joined =)

6. Ash

I did have it once where my whole team and the other team wanted all talk off so we turned it off and some annoying person on the other team kept turning it back on and there was nothing we could do about it because it only takes one vote.. should work like scramble teams with a majority vote possibably?

7. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

wait, you're not an admin and you can just do stuff like that? in that case we are fucked if more people find out! :o

8. Geit Coding wizard!

The instant turn on/off of all talk is a bug that i'll look into.

All players should be able to start those two votes though.

9. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Well, + i can mute players xD

10. Geit Coding wizard!

May i ask what command you are using to mute?

11. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

he used !votemenu to mute the players :P

12. Geit Coding wizard!

Right,
    Security hole patched And hopefully alltalk vote works properly now.

13. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Well, this was all i intended with this thread ... so it was just a security bug that gave everyone some admin powers .... was just wondering, but now its fixed =)

14. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

not even Admins can turn alltalk on without a vote. (i think^^)

15. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

i think they can.. but i saw a all talk vote. and i votes yes and alltalk was on.. lolz normally you get a second screen and you see how much ppl yes and no voted ^^.

16. Geit Coding wizard!

Bug was fixed last night. :/

I've restarted the dedi...3 times since I got RDP. The icon was renamed because the mysql server stops working about 12 hours after a reboot. The batch files used to run at 6am every day, it was renamed and the schedule removed when mysql started F***ing up.

And if the Mysql server is crashing on start-up, it's probably time the dedi was restarted (This is why I restarted it today. Also, no-one could connect to the servers.)

Summary: Read the rest of the thread and GTFO.

17. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

wow big rivalry between geiti and spyko :p :roll:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)