Dodgeball Night - Wed 13/05/2009 8pm GMT

Discussion in 'Events' started by Dark, 11 May 2009.

1. Dodgeball Night - Wed 13/05/2009 8pm GMT

Here's how it will work:

We mess around till at least 10 people join, then the stats database gets reset and we play 'seriously' for an hour (maybe less, depends how fun it is :P). The player with the most points in the stats at the end of that hour then wins. :D

Server will not be passworded - this event is to gain popularity for ABD :)

Server IP is 81.19.212.48:27043

------

In case you haven't played Anime Beach Dodgeball before, basically it's a rather complex mod (Not a gamemode - it's not GMod :P ) for TF2 written from scratch in Sourcemod by me, and consisting of about 2500 lines of Pawn.

The game is played on two remote sandy islands (with palm trees ofc :P) and follows standard RED vs BLU gameplay - RED are Haruhis, BLU are Konatas. All the animations are done manually (e.g. you press left, it rotates your model 270 degrees more than your eye angle and makes you run) because TF2 doesn't like the GMod models. Also rather than changing player models directly (which is impossible in TF2), it simply sets you to an invalid model and plants a prop_dynamic of Haruhi or Konata on top of you each frame with the appropriate animation. That's why it appears to lag, and is also why the legs can get a bit funky, and you can rotate yourself vertically (i.e. look down and you will have your face planted in the ground, lol).

Anyway, it is played in third person view (again, hacked together) and you get an unlimited supply of beach balls which are actually remodelled pipe bombs with a little extra thrust and hand crafted sticky mine behaviour (might be the other way around with pipe/sticky bombs - doesn't really matter though).

The objective is then to hit the opposing team's players with your beachballs (warning: they stay on the ground for a few seconds before disappearing), and when you are hit you get team swapped and the persistent stats (think HLstatsX) are updated accordingly. The first team to take all the players wins, and all players on that team receive extra score on their stats.

And finally when the round ends, a fake CTF round win is triggered etc. and everyone slayed something like 3 times to combat memory leaks and entity index fuck ups :P

Screenshots of me noclipping around with some bots:

Attached Files:

2. Longbow Victorique <3

Re: Dodgeball Night - Wed 13/05/2009 8pm GMT

Post it on a steam announcement just before it starts and i'll be there =P

3. Harv Admiral Anchovy

This sounds fun, I'll be there :D

4. Re: Dodgeball Night - Wed 13/05/2009 8pm GMT

I'll see if I can get there - I've got so much to do >.< But it should be epic fun timez0r!

5. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

I dunno why, but having a sticky launcher embedded into a models pelvis always looks slightly amusing.

6. Re: Dodgeball Night - Wed 13/05/2009 8pm GMT

:awesome:

7. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

does this mean u can add anime upskirts nao? :D

8. Re: Dodgeball Night - Wed 13/05/2009 8pm GMT

Lol just decompile the models and play with them a bit :P

Unfortunately I have no idea how to model, or how to compile them again. If I did, they'd have native animations D:

9. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

would be epic if there was an anime model where if u run the skirt lifts up xD

10. Re: Dodgeball Night - Wed 13/05/2009 8pm GMT

Well they do when they run, and you can just rotate the camera. :P There isn't much to see though.

11. Spykodemon Disabled account

I could add jigglebones to the model between the perpendicular curves (yes that is possible) on the skirt.

12. Re: Dodgeball Night - Wed 13/05/2009 8pm GMT

jigglebones? :P

13. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

For example. :suicide:

14. Re: Dodgeball Night - Wed 13/05/2009 8pm GMT

LOL

OK do it :P

15. Rondon Ruff Ruff is Rondon

That would be da bomb :) D: I cant make it though

16. Re: Dodgeball Night - Wed 13/05/2009 8pm GMT

Event cancelled - the script is too unstable and I wasn't able to fix it in time. :(

I'll reschedule it for another day if I can get it fixed.

17. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Invis-a-girl. :awesome:

18. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Sorry to hear that :(

19. Re: Dodgeball Night - Wed 13/05/2009 8pm GMT

Is the server down now? I wanted to add it to my favorites but it's not responding :(

20. Re: Dodgeball Night - Wed 13/05/2009 8pm GMT

Yeah both TF2 SK and ABD are offline until I can confirm neither of them were the cause of the dedi suddenly blocking every connection attempt apart from pinging.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)