Dodgeball Server

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Freak0ut, 3 Mar 2012.

?

Do you want dodgeball server ?

Poll closed 10 Mar 2012.
  1. Yes

88.6%
  2. No

11.4%
  1. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Was, that dissolved long ago.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

I knew the clan had dissolved, but who knows, perhaps the forum still existed. :P

EDIT: SEE? SEE! \o/

Last edited: 15 May 2015
  3. http://team-z70.webs.com/

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  4. Squallkitty GM's #1 Streamer!

Got in contact With Mouthmoth, he was one of the people that ran the DMN servers, i asked him if he could join this thread :)

5. With regards to [DMN] I guess the issue was money at the end of the day but my biggest concern was trolls and people who were toxic on the server. That was the hardest part to maintain civility and fun; I like to think we did achieve that at the time to the best of our efforts. Also, SM breaking things all the time was a pain but I guess we worked around that the best we could, there are still friendly good DB players out there, if you get them to frequent the server and help with map builds etc then it should be a great experience.

6. Gaw discord is my friend now

Money is not a concern here, but toxic players definitely could be. I'm confident the server would regularly populate with our friendly established GM community, but I don't think we have sufficient administration in place to eliminate toxic players. Also it seems the main issue is that TFDodgeball doesn't work currently, even with patches. Rockets have no homing to players, which is obviously a fatal issue.

7. We used this originally (which may still work) ours was modded for a RTD nuke however: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=134503
    This looks promising since it's more active: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=251870
    We used this for map changes: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=134190

I haven't tested this at all but if it was me, I would through up a private server and test it out to see how it feels.

With regards to toxic players: we banned them pretty early on. Checked HLstats for language and used Sourcebans to control it - this worked fairly well but meant I was checking this stuff alot in the background.

• List
  8. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Now you're speaking my language.

Oh boy! A whole new batch of people to police.

EDIT: I just re-read that last line, and it sounded a bit too sarcastic.

Trust me, my favorite thing to do is ban toxic players. I would totally love to do this.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Hah! Yea we had a some fun with another "clan" who were erm lets say not the nicest. Our ban list was 1000+ at one point, I never got any satisfaction from it if I`m honest. Just wanted a good safe server to play on without trolls, which we did have due to my moth & (bushybaker) hammer ;)

edit: Another tip (rather than another post: if you do consider doing this we had a normal speed DB server, more fun, rocket pack, rtd, 24 players etc and another server for pros 12 players, faster straighter rockets, more vanilla)

10. Squallkitty GM's #1 Streamer!

I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE! (to be admin :3)

11. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Well, we'd have all the TF2 admins for one, right? And even if someone isn't in-game, I get contacted pretty often by people requesting me to mute / kick / ban / do something to someone, so that shouldn't really be a problem?

12. Squallkitty GM's #1 Streamer!

13. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Right now, I think a lot of people are quite busy with course work, revisions, finals, and various other academic purists.

It may behoove us to wait a few weeks.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  14. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

I think i have the old TFDB mod and maps, not sure how well they will work with the amount of changes valve have made to tf2.

15. Squallkitty GM's #1 Streamer!

so, you guys done with all the school work and exams yet? i just noticed some of the last "popular" servers are experiencing massive lagspikes so we could use this to our advantage.

16. If you guys still consider to open a dodgeball server I would love to help out! I administrate a american one and have some experience. Besides, one of the bigger european servers just closed down, might be a good time to open one

17. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

if we can acquire the server files when by all means easily set one up

18. Gaw discord is my friend now

Been trying to get it up for the past hour with no success. I suspect redux doesn't like linux, as the amount of errors are crazy.

• List
  19. Squallkitty GM's #1 Streamer!

which one are you trying to install?

20. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

I'll help you get it up any day bby g :chord:

• Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)