Dragon's thoughts about how should look the best MMORPG

Discussion in 'Other Games and MMORPGs' started by Infernal Dragon, 30 Aug 2013.

1. Infernal Dragon I love people very much.. with ketchup

I create this thread for just to share my thoughts. I wouldn't mind if you guys want to share the mmorpg of your dream too :V

So I fcking bored of WoW and it's clones. I'm bored of farming monsters that have only 1 attack animation, I'm bored of big badass bosses that can be killed just by lots of people. So I present to you...

The Best MMORPG EVAR
    by infernal dragon

1.) Dungeons

Do you remeber Mirrors Edge? Prince of Persia? This games where you're jumping, walking from a wall to wall, climbing and etc.? Well, in my dungeons you'll do it aswell. Team with 5 people, jumping all way through the map to reach the cool boss. Sometimes some shit happens. Like rocks falling, earthquakes, flood, lava, acid and other things from what you have to run and press keys on keyboard like a mad.
    This way also will have some teamwork. Like, some classes, for example: elementalist, will have a spell that can grow liana on the ground. So, you got to deadlock? You have to jump through a deep abyss to the next end? Well, elementalist is here to help! He presses the button, liana grows, and all team safely jumps to the next end.
    Bosses will be so awesome. Like, have you played Lefend of Zelda? Yes! You'll kill bosses just like in Zelda but with teamwork! Like, there is a spear on the ground or it will somewhere or something else. And at some moment you'll have to take this spear as 5 people and push it to Boss. Well, it isn't the best and awesome scenario, but it explains how it works.

2.) Skills, herbalism, mining and other prifessions
    So I don't think it's cool when you're lvl uped, pressing key button, making one click and horray you can shoot fast\spinning around like Garen\going invisible.
    My skill system works like this: to learn a new skill, you're going up to the hills\to volcano\on island\in abadoned castle\to king's mother\to cat and there is npc who is like "Hey, I'll teach you how to do this but you have to.. take super-puper flower from dragon in this cave\cook me a dinner\take my daughted to zoo." After that npc gives you some tips of all mechanics of this skill and than you get it.
    Skills can be lvled up by using.

I didn't get any ideas about crafting system in this game, but I got awesome idea about herbalism - you can find the herb only after when you'll find the picture of it in the book. Like, you can't find the herb if you don't know how it looks like, right? Also, there will be some false-herbs that can poison you. (they will look a little different from other herbs) Also, the herbs won't have an item name. I mean, in WoW for example, you walk and see that in 100metes from you "Little Flower", but in my MMORPG you'll need to look in every bush for to find the little flower.
    And also herbs won't even have name in your inventory. Like you have to understand which herb is it by it's picture. (becasue if they will have names, false-herb system won't work) But, you can give names to herbs in your inventory (but name is disappear if you give it to another person).

3. World Travelling
    I saw only 2 ways for travelling in MMORPGs - 1st like in WoW - you pay and riding on smth that flying
    2nd you pay to npc and he teleports you to somewhere.

But in my MMORPG there will be a big airship station. And it will be two airship station for all world. Now I'll explain how it works:
    Every airship has his own route. You pay not for all the route, you pay for an amount of way that you need. Like, for example: all route is 2000 meters, I pay for 500 meters, and when I reach 500 meters, I can go away from an airship by using my parachute. BUT I also can stay, but there is a chance that I can get catched by a controller and he will throw me away from an airship.

Also at random time there can be an airship with strip club. Just imagine - lots of people staying on platform and waiting for hours for the airship with strip club.
    Also you can travel by carts with horses.
    All travelling is without time collapse. Well, I mean, that it's like in real life - you have to wait and do something while flying\riding.

Fights and monsters
    Non-target system and combo-system.
    There is a dinamic fights like for example: you fight with a tiger and at some time he jumps on you and you have to dodge or click on buttons for to get away from kitty's hug

Well it's enough for now. I'll write more, if you'll like this thought :>

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  2. I like the herb idea.

edit: to elaborate, it seems a lot of games these days miss stuff like this out, and favour a more stream-lined experience, and see ideas like this as time-sinks, but I really enjoy stuff like that as it does add a lot to immersion.

Last edited by a moderator: 30 Aug 2013
  3. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

Boobs.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. ima Bean Go ham or go home.

Medicinal as heck

5. the best mmo would be the best bits of Tera (realtime combat, weeabooness, environments) along with the best bits of WoW (incredible UI framework, raid/dungeon design, truly seamless world, blizzard-grade attention to detail, meta mechanics that don't suck) all inside the engine of Age of Conan (still one of the best PC game engines imo, dat fucking flowing water)

6. I seriously keep going back to WoW for the UI. 90% of the f2p MMO's i've played and dumped in the first 5 minutes are because of the eligible UI lol

7. Age of Conan comes pretty close - at least when I played it the UI was very moddable

Tera also has a pretty good stock UI, pity it's very unoptimised though (as widely reported, fps can literally double with the ui hidden)

8. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

and a lot of character customization pls, if it's big enough i'll probably put an hour into the game without even playing it.

9. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

Inb4 F2P Market

10. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

As fun as the Tera gameplay was at first, it really needs some depth. I couldn't imagine the game being very fun after the first 20-30 hours tbh.

Also, I'm going to throw into your equation the best bits of KotOR (engaging and Bioware standard class questlines, fully voiced, conversation options, general RP elements).

11. Brent ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wouldn't it be cool to change classes in cities? And then get skills that are global for all other classes. I was thinking about the final fantasy tactics system (although i dont know how good it would work in a mmo).

First off the game needs a lot of classes (30+). Starting with really basic classes like warrior, wizard, healer, archer. Along the way you get more advanced classes. Some classes would require having played another class for a time, while others are just unlocked by playing the storyline. For example a battlemage would be unlocked after having leveled a warrior and a wizard.

So basically you would be able to do a ground slam with a necormancer class or throw fireballs with an assassin class. These combos wouldn't be so good because the equipment and stats are not optimized for that playstyle, but the freedom to do so is awesome.
    Some limits have to be made on some ultimate skills for certain classes though. Like only the healer can only use a revive/superduper heal, the defender can only have a skill to make himself immortal for 2 secs, etc.

oh and there should be class that can tame any kind of monster and use it as a pokemon

12. Zekmer Ryuuko > You

The only mmorpg I can think of that has this class changing mechanic is Eden eternal. I like the art style of the game but it's a pretty shitty game in general.

13. Geit Coding wizard!

It's worth pointing out that this has been done before, and with great success, sadly it was replaced with a system that was considered more appropriate for the target audience of the game, and the game lost it's subscribers and eventually its license. It is available in emulator form now though. :V

http://www.swgcharacterbuilder.com/swg-cb.php
    http://forum.galaxiesreborn.com/star-wars-galaxies-profession-guides/

14. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

>you will never be able to roll Dancer in a MMO

15. Pretty sure Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn is doing this now.

16. Brent ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

<333333333

17. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

There needs to be a 2D Metroidvania-styled MMO...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)