DriveSnap - Easily share your screenshots via Google Drive

Discussion in 'Hardware and Software' started by spidEY, 13 Jan 2014.

1. spidEY シスコン

DriveSnap is a small utility that helps you easily share your screenshots via Google Drive. I've been working on it for the past couple of months and I think it's stable enough for everyone to use it and help me find any bugs that I might have missed during development.

Here's what I'm currently aware of, so there's no need to report it:
    • You can't de-authorize your account yet from the Preferences page.
    • DriveSnap doesn't have full UI access yet and won't receive keyboard events from system processes unless you run it with elevated privileges.
    • There is no localization yet.
    Usage

The default bind for taking screenshots is PrintScreen.
    • Press bind to take a screenshot of the entire desktop.
    • Press Alt + bind to take a screenshot of the current active window.
    • Press Control + bind to make a rectangle selection.
    • Keeping holding bind to open the screenshot dialog for more advanced options.
    Download (1.0.3 beta): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13930018/DriveSnap.exe

You need .NET Framework 4.5 to run DriveSnap. Windows XP is not supported.

Tourbleshooting
    • Don't rename the executable to anything other than DriveSnap.exe, the program won't work otherwise.

Configuration files are located in %localappdata%\DriveSnap
    You can enable the Developer Console by launching DriveSnap with the -developer switch.
    If DriveSnap crashes for whatever reason, please look in your Event Viewer under Windows Logs -> Application for any .NET Runtime errors and send them to me.

Screenshots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  2. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

Oh, so you're Peter.

Tried downloading it. Chrome's telling me this:

"DriveSnap.exe is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous."

Tried keeping it, then Windows 8 blocked it from running.

3. spidEY シスコン

That's because it's a newly uploaded file and it's an executable. Perfectly normal.

4. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

Updated my post. Accidently hit Reply after choosing to keep it.

5. spidEY シスコン

There is an option when the SmartScreen dialog comes up to let it run anyway. It's cleverly hidden.

6. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

Connecting...

Still Connecting...

Is it supposed to take forever to Connect?

7. spidEY シスコン

It should be pretty much instant. Your firewall is most likely blocking it.

8. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

You're a wizard. I've downloaded it - it works Cookies, I use Chrome too, and I got the same notice, but you can click on a button to keep it, and even though it takes a few seconds then, it does work - but I'll try it out tomorrow.

9. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

Figured out the problem.

My computer decided to download DriveSnap twice, and I was running the (1) copy, instead of the original.

DriveSnap (1) can't connect at all, whereas the non-copy functions perfectly, even within my firewall.

10. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

Ran into an Error after trying to take a desktop screenshot.

Said screenshot worked once without any problems, but when I tried again, the error popped up. Checked the Event Viewer. All I found was something about Windows Locator Provider (Probably irrelevant).

Continual usage of the Screenshot Desktop results in the error box coming up again.

11. spidEY シスコン

Thanks man, I'm looking into this.

12. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

Don't bother looking for my name :)

I jumped through and changed every instance of it into "Admin".

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  13. spidEY シスコン

Fixed. Re-download it from the same link. The version should now be 1.0.1. You can verify that by right clicking on the icon on the system tray and selecting "About".

14. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

Any way you can fix the duplicate download bug?

I've got multiple DriveSnaps downloaded, and only the original DriveSnap can connect to my account.

DriveSnap (1) and DriveSnap (2) don't work, and it's pretty annoying having to jump into my downloads folder, delete the extras, and rename the current one.

Edit. In other news, DriveSnap works.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  15. spidEY シスコン

I'll put version numbers in the executable name from now on.

16. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

Random Question:
    How do you "View" the file from Google Drive?

When I save it to the Drive, if I'm fast enough, I can click DriveSnap and get sent to the image location.

From there, I can copy and paste the URL as an IMG.

Google Drive doesn't seem to have any options for viewing the actual image file.

17. spidEY シスコン

When you save the image to Google Drive the shortened URL is automatically saved to your clipboard. You can manage your screenshots by right clicking on the icon in the system tray and selecting "Manage Screenshots".

18. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

Yeah, I know about the Manage Screenshots.

However, that just takes me to the DriveSnap Folder, which contains the files.

I'm looking for how to access the image file location like this one.

Clicking Manage Screenshots just takes me to the Google Drive folder. There's no option to get me to the actual Image.

19. spidEY シスコン

By default, images are deleted locally after they get uploaded to Google Drive. You can disable this on the Preferences page. Images, unless specified differently, are saved in your save location, also changeable from the Preferences page.

20. spidEY シスコン

Version 1.0.2 beta has been released. The major changes include:
    • Reworked the upload system to support future integration with Dropbox and imgur. (Thanks @Vipar)
    • Fixed a bug where DriveSnap would assume too early that the user is online.
    • Fixed a bug where the upload notification wouldn't display if the user turned off URL shortening and public sharing on Google Drive.
    • Deauthorize option in the Preferences menu now works as expected.
    Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13930018/DriveSnap.exe

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. drivesnap 1.1.6.0

2. can i share screen on google drive