Elite: Dangerous

Discussion in 'Other Games and MMORPGs' started by Deleted member 2190, 21 Aug 2014.

1. Space MMO which looks fucking amazing - just watch the video. It's in beta and has combat, light speed travel, NPC's, thousands upon thousands of stars and planets, thousands of NPC's in different situations, all procedurally generated. The market system goes by player actions and the whole thing just looks amazing.

Need I say anymore?

Definitely thinking of picking this up when I get paid.

2. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

3. GOTY

4. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

5. Mr.Bam Praise the sun!

It's got a lame name but it looks really cool.

6. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

tbh This and Star Citizen look very good but... will they live up to their words and produce a good quality game.

alos lewy will you use joystick and throttle setup

7. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

Looks interesting but i'm not really feeling £50 for a beta game, I think i'd find it more appealing if there was more to the game in terms of missions/character/depth/economy/protection, because at the moment it just looks like traders vs pirates with no depth other than combat 24/7 (could by skewed by the guy in the video being a pirate doing nothing but shooting ships but idk).

Last edited: 21 Aug 2014
  8. You can fly to asteroid belts and mine asteroids to sell for money for bigger ships etc. You need to purchase insurance on your ship too and then if you die you can pay the insurance and get your money back. If you don't have insurance or can't pay you start from the beginner ship again.

There are procedurally generated NPC's who you can help/save (Distress signals across the galaxy) and when you arrive it you'll see a huge federation tradeship or something being swarmed by smaller ships, and you receive bounty for any ships destroyed. At the moment I think that's all there is.

Unfortunately not as I don't have that sort of set-up or the money for one :V

9. Definitely very interested in buying the final product. The world needs more space sims.

I seriously recommend no one fork out more for the beta though. Be patient and get it cheaper with more features later on.

10. I've played a large amount of space/flying sims trying to find some good "cooperative" action (War Thunder being the latest) and while some have come close, none have really captured the squadron feel as much as games such as Battlefield 2 have for me as an infantryman.

I'm interested to see the future of this, but not until it's been developed further.

11. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

12. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

13. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

Banned, don't notice the comma don't notice the comma don't notice the comma

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  14. Bought this last night and had a pla y about

It is good fun but hard to grasp - movement still confuses me when I'm flying and spinning and rolling and what-not. I get misidrectione dvery quickly!

Combat is fun but tough.

Would like a few people to play with!

15. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

if i didnt maybe sorta waste money on a certain earlyaccess game again i would ahha :(

16. Harv Admiral Anchovy

I bought the game, still in the phase of not really knowing what is happening and I'm struggling with the training, but once I complete it, I'd join any of you for some fun.

17. Stick with it and after training just do some basic small cargo hauling missions from bulletin boards on nearby stations. They'll give you a good grasp on how to navigate around etc.

The game pretty much drops you in and says 'go do whatever'.

Lewis and I tend to go around bounty hunting which can be chaotic but a lot of fun. The more the merrier, we still haven't taken down a pilot in an anaconda yet but more numbers could change that

18. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Watching tutorials and basic shit, hopefully it will help. I also tried it with my Xbox controller and it was somewhat easier to control with that but not as responsive so I'm undecided which one to use.

19. Harv Admiral Anchovy

I really like this game, although I can't get any jobs at stations I've been running around for hours. :D

20. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)