Epic fail, again!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Fromage, 9 Jul 2009.

1. Fromage "The Cheese"

Epic fail, again!

Well here I am, at work, on vacation. Yes, my PC crashed once again. Seems like the GPU has given up on me. I started it this morning, browsed some stuff, watched some tv and when I came back it was black on the screen. Tried to reboot, no signal but I can hear the PC going into windows with sounds and everything, I'm pretty sure the GPU card has given up (tried 2 different screens and my 2 DVI cables)

I so fuc*ing hate computers but I decided to cancel my vacation 2 weeks and 1 day early and get back to work... sucks but I don't have anything to do at home.

I will send it in tomorrow for a fix but since it's summer it will take probably 2 weeks before its fixed, so see ya ingame in about 3 weeks!

Erik

2. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Re: Epic fail, again!

ok hope it gets sorted out soon, 4ever this time

3. Re: Epic fail, again!

This. that was my problem last time but it was my motherboard that died.

cheese, dont u have another gpu?

4. Re: Epic fail, again!

Ohhh it is sad 3 weeks!

YOU! BABY! CRAWL TO PC REPAIR SHOP!

5. Fromage "The Cheese"

Well if my mobo died I wouldn't make it to windows, right? :) You can still start a PC without GPU card, right? otherwise I dunno whats wrong... because I don't get any signal.

I do have another card but its an AGP one and I don't think it fits on this mobo because its a PCI-E slot right now.. and I don't dare to move my old Quadro card around, expensive stuff but really crappy card. :)

Sandman:

Arrr parrot! Damn now we can't play PVK :(

Erik

6. Re: Epic fail, again!

oh well, im pretty sure it the gpu then, as u sed u tried a different monitor etc so.. gud luck. ^^

7. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!

8. Re: Epic fail, again!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese! :<

IT IS SAD DAY! :<

We'll miss you @ L4D :P

9. Re: Epic fail, again!

Its obvious a spy sapped your gpu, ill be right there with my flamethrower

10. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

well that wont be so good either :O.
    ill wrench your GPU :)

11. Re: Epic fail, again!

The spy has already sapped it and broke it, we need to hunt donwn the spy and SET HIM ON FIRE!!!!! i bet the spy is cookie.

12. Fromage "The Cheese"

Hehe... kind of. But its true that a PC can boot without any GPU card, right? Because I can make it to windows but no input of course (not even in the boot-up process..) removed everything besides the screen and the power cables but nothing changed.. opened the case and looked too, everything looks fine. Must be some tiny component that broke because im on my crappy PC again now and the screen works like a charm. Oh well, service next!

Erik

13. SnuggleMuffin SnuggleMuffin

W+M1 kgoggogogogogogooggooggoogogoggogogogogogogogoggo

14. Relun Follow The Relun

awwwwwwwwwwwwww

15. Re: Epic fail, again!

Try reseating the fan and heatsink on the graphics card.

Simple though it may sound, it has helped people with problems like that in the past.

Oh and to help narrow down the problem, I've had a card with dead memory which showed DOS text just fine (albeit with random coloured dots all over it, but still readable, but once it hit anything over native DOS res it went black), so it's probably not the memory.

16. Re: Epic fail, again!

Being an idiot, didn't read all of first post!

17. Fromage "The Cheese"

'

Without a memory I shouldn't make it to windows, right? ;-) I have 4 x 2 gb so I hope it isn't the memory, would be quite painful to check. I will ship the PC tomorrow and have them fix it.

Back at work again now, it was OK to start working again but I have to push my two remaining weeks til next year because we need people here working after july. :(

Erik

18. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

You remember my mysterious PC crash some weeks ago cheeze ?! Ill give you a tip, what could be broken: Its your monitor !!! xD

[​IMG]

Thehehe, 1 more free spot for me *strike!* =)

And 1 reason less for Savage to kick me out of the Lobby for no reason (had to ask last time -.- Just tell me the spots are allready given away BEFORE i get kicked plz, that day was bad enough for me, some moron decided to makes some ugly scratches into my and some other cars at the university car-park, on top of that after a 3hour-no-steam-connection torture im insta-kicked for no reason of your L4D lobby, i was pissed as hell after this ! >_>

And i raged a bit in a chat with BestPlayer .... im sry for this :/ )

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  19. Re: Epic fail, again!

erik, u should be able to boot up without a gpu. but the problem is you cant see the errors :S you can heard them if there any beeps sound in the POST, but you said it boots up to windows.

off topic: (sry chesse for off topic, oba started ^^)
    @oba, it's a game man, move on. but those anyone who kicks whoever out of the lobby or ingame, should give a good reason b4 kick, u right :) but i know we wouldnt care if it was a random lobby/server.

20. Fromage "The Cheese"

Haha! If only the monitor was the problem I would be happy, but it seems like a fucked GPU indeed. Hopefully it won't take that long to get it fixed... meanwhile im stuck at ze work!

john:

Yeah I can hear the logon sound and i can do things on the desktop, to bad I can't see what I'm doing.. :) The mobo doesn't give any beeps or anything.. Really weird to be honest.

Erik

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)