Epic Hardware Crash @ Obaruler :'-(

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Obaruler, 24 May 2009.

1. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Epic Hardware Crash @ Obaruler :'-(

I dont really know, what exactly happened (yet) but my PC wont start anymore .....

I shuted the PC down this afternoon just like every time and now i wanted to boot it up again to play a bit ..... but the PC wont respond :(

The fans etc. are running for 10 sec. then the PC disabled itself and restarts (after 1 restart, it runs without any more problems) ..... but the screen is black all the time !!! (graphics cards are running, tested it) .... + i think that the main HDD isnt booting (went close on it and tried if i can ehar it booting), so i think its maybee the Mainboard that died for no reason (fucking Asus .... ).....

Well, will check it out tommorrow which component died (should be MoBo or PSU), but until then, i cant play anymore, because my second PC has some software problem @ starting Steam, PC freezes if i start Steam ..... well, to break it down: PC1: hardware fail, PC2: software fail ...... i cant play TF2 !!!!!!!!! -_______________-'

Well, tommorrow i : Have to search for the malfunctioning part of PC1, and while that i will reinstall Windows XP + software on PC2 (cant do it yet, because my Windows is @ a friend who had to repair his Windows with it) ........

So, im sorry, but there will be no spaming today on the servers anymore .....

FUCKING FAIL !!!!!!!!

2. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Re: Epic Hardware Crash @ Obaruler :'-(

Sad to hear man, good luck repairing!

3. Ray

See you back on dustbowl soon Oba.

4. Re: Epic Hardware Crash @ Obaruler :'-(

with my (still) broking script and your hardware fail there will be no spamo-mania .... have fun guys ^^

5. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

WOOHOOO no more spamzor!!!!

(Hope you get it fixed quickly though...)

6. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Sounds like either your HD has killed it's self, or the motherboard has packed up and gone on holiday, forever.

Does the motherboard happen to make any interesting boops or anything which is not normal when you boot the pc up?

7. Fromage "The Cheese"

I think the steam update made your pc sad. on the bright side maybe valve fixes all the issues til you get your pc fixed! :)

Erik

8. Knud Phat beats only

It doesnt have to be your hard drive :)
    (your screen should always go on, even WITHOUT any HDD)

Pls try these stuff (Not all of them, just try them, one by one):

* Remove one of the memory dimm's
    * Take out the VGA card for 30 sec or so
    * Reset Bios
    * Take out bios battery for 1 min
    * Try another PSU (What psu you have?) if possible?

Does your motherboard have any LCD/ HEX display? Or a beeping system? Anything?

9. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Let me state that out: I am not a hardware noob ;)

The first things i checked were if the graphics cards are running in my other PC, they do. The HDDs are still alive as well.

I started the PC without gra-card and without HDD, same problem ...... because of that unusual behaviour it has to be PSU or MoMo. Will test that out tommorrow (am to busy right now with reinstalling Windows on my other PC, so i can play TF2 on it, i am allmost done with it ^^ )

10. Fromage "The Cheese"

Maybe its a broken monitor? Ze hardware noob goes hier! :D

Erik

11. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

LMAO that'd be epic fail :D

12. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Nope ;P If i would be that kind of stupid, i should quit to even use a light switch .....

Well, i found the error-causing component(s): PSU AND MOTHERBOARD are dead !!! I think the PSU died and took the MoBo out while dying ....... CPU (lovely, lovely i7 940) and the RAM survived somehow, tested them at a friend who uses a Socket 1366 system as well, but PSU's main 24pin busbar seem to have died somehow ..... donno how could that happen (normal SATA, 12V and PCI-E busbar seem to work, all the other componets are living, AND the fans are still running) .... well, MoBo is dead for sure, im not even hearing any beeping or so :/ Well, not that big Problem, it was just a 300€-Board >_> .........

What has died ? ->

PSU : Be Quiet! Dark Power PRO 850W
    MoBo: Asus Rampage 2 Extreme

Well, i think the PSU was the troublemaker, so i will contact the Be Quiet! support tommorrow, they have a very good reputation and are known for their accommodation, so i think they will take the costs ......

13. Fromage "The Cheese"

Still sure its not the monitor? try another one! :)

Erik

14. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

I have 2 monitors, 1 for each PC (of course ;P ) and i tried the monitor from y 1st PC on my 2nd PC and damdam: It still worx

15. Fromage "The Cheese"

Aw so I failed badly this time, right? Well asus is crap, just read my thread about my little pc! :D

Erik

16. Re: Epic Hardware Crash @ Obaruler :'-(

My recommendation:

If I was you buy either a Tagan or Seasonic, there are some others that are decent and I've had at least one from every manufacture down the years and them two are the best I've had.

17. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Well, to be honest: I really am surprised that the PSU died, its my 4th. one from Be Quiet! in 5 years, but its the first one that caused problems ( i dont know anyone that ever had problems with them - well, except of some guys in the internet of course, but nobody i know) ..... well, support will help me t get a new one, long live the warranty = )

18. Re: Epic Hardware Crash @ Obaruler :'-(

They really need to fix HL2: EP1 engine. I'm still getting problems. What's more interesting, i can play EP2 on highest details possible without freezes etc.

19. Knud Phat beats only

Be Quiet has a good after-service, it's even "famous" in the Netherlands.
    And normally their PSU's are fine too.

Try to RMA your mobo as well of course. Never heard of a fried 24pin bus before btw.

CPU is hard to fry btw these days. I've tried but only fried several motherboards instead :P

ps: any idea HOW this could happen? Loose cable? faulty psu from the start?

20. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Well, i dont know, its some kind of miracle. My mother was the last one on my main PC (she watched 24, season 7 <3 ), then she shuted the PC down and turend the powerswitch of the security powersocket i have ...... a few hours later, i was back and wanted to reboot it -> Was fucked up. lol ?! Thats why i am so cinfused, it makes NO sense .....

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)