Eu referendum

Discussion in 'Random' started by Jolly Long Arm, 18 Apr 2016.

?

Should the United Kingom stay in the EU?

1. Stay

2. Leave

3. Undecided (don't know)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Be careful what you wish for United Kingdom, be very careful (or what could end up being England and Wales, who knows any more)

2. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

3. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

I kind of hate you for voting leave when Northern Ireland has everything to gain and Britain/England have everything to lose but at the same time completely love the brutal tactfulness of it

4. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

I feel like we really let ABBA down this time

5. I honestly don't get this extreme hate for immigrants from Eastern Europe, most of the time they work extremely hard in jobs Britons don't give a shit about.

For 2 weeks I'm working in a pack house and everyone who works there is an Eastern European migrant mostly from Bulgaria, British people don't want this type of work and when it's offered to them they refuse, you are on your feet all day working 6 days a week 6 till 5 just because they have the hard working ethic that Britons no longer have.

It's just tactful scaremongering from the hard right "there taking your shitty jobs you don't want to keep the British economy moving."

If we were going to introduce and Australian esque system then we would require fruit pickers, packers and all the misc jobs that Britons think are below them.

Instead of immigration focus on the real points to leave, like getting away from a centralised Brussels we don't elect, etc.

Also Scotland and Ireland aren't going to be please that England and Wales has bullied them from an alliance they very much wanted to keep.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

I do feel like there's two things today which have been taken out of context to be honest.

The whole Nigel Farage thing is pretty stupid. He was asked to comment on a promise made my the Leave Campaign, when he wasn't part of the main Leave Campaign. Of course he couldn't fucking say if it would be fulfilled.

The pound drop fears should have subsided quite a while ago, if only for now. It wasn't even the worse dip we've had in the last year.

The left wing media getting a bit of fearmongering in I guess. Doesn't change the fact that leaving was almost certainly the wrong idea, imo

7. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

I don't know. I think the current rage at Leavers just being stupid racists is a rediculous and just makes all us young people at the moment look like cry babies. I do, however, have a lot of disdain for the older generation. I can understand completely the notion of Britain losing its culture and sense of local community has some truth to it, and my kinda grandad made some decent points on it today (and funnily enough is the only 60+ I know who focused his vote entirely around the question 'What do I believe is best for young people?', but voting for that sole reason when its pretty clear the 20-40 somethings considered themselves significantly European and are a massively cosmopolitan generation I find is still incredibly dumb in my books.

I'm genuinely sceptical about the media's claims that immigration is an issue at all and, even if it is, leaving the EU isn't going to solve anything. They've given our government frameworks to deal with it and they've always proven too lazy to actually do anything with those plans.

I'm terrified currently at the thought of the Tories being run by its far right faction and that Labour is going to rip itself to shreds.

I think young people will at the least suffer from the immediate effects of this and will very likely continue to for a very long while. This was not a move, as far as I'm concerned, in our best interest. And the path this has all created to a Far Right Tory government is likely going to see us taking even more of the fallout.

I almost don't want this all to work out, because it'll just rewards a lot of #YOLO voters for thinking in slogans and not actually learning from this to actually scrutinise the information that's being thrown at them or actually considering the consequences. The amount of reports of Brexit guilt today I can imagine being true and have seen in a couple of cases, because there have been a lot of people who seem to have voted very nonchantly about this.

I also think its disgusting that young people literally got overruled. I've seen a lot of my past teachers post on Facebook today about how shit we students etc should feel and I think they're completely correct. A society where the older population is completely at odd ideologically with its younger population is fucking inherently flawed. We're just going to see more disdainful and cynical voters.

All in all, I'm not impressed by our population's decision making and hope never to see another referendum in our time. I've just left this with a real impression that we are literally as bad as America when it comes to getting caught by pleasing-sounding rhetoric without actually doing the research. Although I could be admittedly be currently blindsided by a cynicism about Brexit and witnessing too much of the worst of the 51% who voted leave, it seems we really do have our own red-neck population here in the Uk

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

We are where we are, whether we voted for it or not. Nothing can change that, and I cringe at all these protests and petitions that have appeared calling for a second referendum with 66% majority and so on - which is never going to happen and never going to reach 66% and even though it was 51.9% leave, that's a majority by definition. Remain lost. I'm not happy, but I accept the result.

We now enter a complete unknown, despite what anyone says. It will be interesting to say the least on the outcome in a few years, for better or for worse. I'm keeping room for optimism here.

If anything, it's made me think about where I go next. I've thought about working abroad somewhere, maybe this is a good time to escape this country.

9. You make it seem like only old out-of-touch red necks yolo voters voted for leave and that none of them do their research.
    I think its kinda cheap and condescending to make such comments about the majority of the voters. The posts you see on your social media
    does not represent the whole country. Also you yourself come out as the "crybaby" when you make comments about never
    wanting a referendum again. Also your posts lack any actual points about why you believe Britain should remain. I understand
    you might see this as a stupid populistic referendum but I tink it's a great decision. Brussels wasn't representing what Britain wanted
    and I think it is great they take control back in their own hands.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

Suggesting someone's post lacks actual points and then simply saying 'we've got control back!' is pretty #YOLO of you tbf

11. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)