Explain your name

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Guinny, 21 Aug 2008.

1. Explain your name

Right I have seen some cool and some not so cool names in my years of playing online games and I often wonder how the name came about. Taken me all this time to think- ask them!

So me first, Guinny is a shorter term derived form Guinness. I was Guinness 8 years ago in my first love of rtcw playing for a clan caled UDS. Guinny was used on comms and when we had to incorporate a sponsor in our tag Guinness did not fit. So Guinny was officially born and it kinda stuck, even after the sponsors went the way of the dodo!

Now you lot :)

2. Re: Explain your name

/me is named waebi because that's the way my mates call me :P

Dominic "waebi" Weber = my name.

but they speak it as "wäbi", not as "wue?b?" :P

3. Re: Explain your name

KJ = KENNETHJ, SMART MOVE @@ :>

4. Geit Coding wizard!

Re: Explain your name

SOE Auto name generator: Geit means Goat in Dutch, which is frequently pointed out. :D

5. Re: Explain your name

RocketDog - Was on a giant sticker on my room door when I arrived on campus at uni in my first year, adopted it as a tag and it stuck. Kinda boring really... :roll:

6. Re: Explain your name

Got my inspiration from a torrent topsite :)
    So not:
    -The horrible gothic band
    -The WoW weapon

7. Re: Explain your name

t3rribl3on3 came about as its the brand of bmx frame i rode your years and i like the irony of the name. if i kept the trend id be metal - rebel contender right not but t3rribl3on3 has stuck, thats why everyone calls me terr terry t1 etc nice to abbreviate also.

8. Re: Explain your name

It's from a nickname when I came back from travelling with a massive beard and long hair. I had another online name but my nephew used it for years when I gave him my old pc so it's his now.

9. Re: Explain your name

Garion as in David Edding's fantasy book series

10. Re: Explain your name

Fuego is short for 'El Fuego Fuerte', which was the name of my main character in an MMO I used to play a few years ago. So I've now just sorta adopted that, and variations of it, as my online name wherever I can.

11. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

I searched for a nice online name, and after some tries Vacoy came out. Liked it and it just sticked ;P
    got it for a year or 3 now

12. Re: Explain your name

Disco = I was born around this funky era, and still love the music, and yes I have got the moves to prove it :)

Indigo = Fav colour, as well as orange!

I have used this tag ever since the original xbox came out and I went online.

Disco aka Rave_Orange, R&B_Venetian Red, BarryWhite_Lemon Chiffon !!

13. Re: Explain your name

My real name is: Michael Augustyn and the Y in Augustyn is quite special in Austria (everyone writes it: Augustin here) so i love the letter Y. During my internship in england i was called Mike, and the combination of mike and my favorite letter makes Myke. And i like the '.' at the end of bandname 'Bloodsimple.' therefore i use it in the nick.

Quite a long explanation for such a strait forward name.

I'm interested where Pissmidgets nick comes from =)

14. Re: Explain your name

This should explain :)

[youtube:3f9la7cu]JU4S2BIqoHY[/youtube:3f9la7cu]

15. Re: Explain your name

its an old dargon in a german myth called "Nibelung"
    but its also a dwarf in the nordic mythology
    yeah and theres a 3th thing to tell...its also a part of a game called "MechWarrior"
    i dont know where i got the name first

16. Bun

I'm a bun, nuff' said.

Ok then. My brothers called me Bullen, which kinda means Bun in Swedish. So I just tough it was a little shitty so I changed to Bun.

17. Re: Explain your name

Guess why I called myself Core.

18. Re: Explain your name

Acid:
    I like colors and psychedelic rock.
    Absinth:
    I drink absinth

19. Re: Explain your name

Because when we met, you were showing your e-peen and your name was like
    Core 2 Duo <some more stuff, quite good>

amirite? :D

20. Re: Explain your name

Yes true ;)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)