F*cking monitor!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Fromage, 4 Feb 2010.

1. Fromage "The Cheese"

F*cking monitor!

Heya.

I'm a bit annoyed today because I just noticed that one out of my two LCD monitors has "burned" in a backdrop I had for the past few days (image persistance is it called.) I haven't really used any screen saver or power save mode cause I never have the screens on for more than 7-8 hours a day at maximum. Obviously that was a mistake cause now I got lots of black crap going all over the screen when it is used mostly against grey colors. Lesson learned from this is to always use screen saver that moves and power save mode.

Hopefully this will sort itself out when I use the 2nd monitor as a primary monitor, otherwise I'll have to return it for a fix.. which will problably end up costing me cash cause of a "user error" (but I doubt the manual mentions that you cant have a static image for too long on an LCD, that's a common problem on plasma but LCD? wtf?)

Oh well, there goes my little rant. The screens are 2 x Dell 2209WA.

Erik

2. gRiMrEaPeRsco Thunder ... wait for it ... Penis

i thought that only happend to crts :S

3. Fromage "The Cheese"

4. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

It doesn't matter what type of screen it is, you can still burn an image into it over time, it's just natural and there is no way around it.
    Even those "burn proof" CRTs can have images burned into them if you have a high contrasting image showing 24/7 for like a year.

I'd also note I've had the same thing happen with my LCD, the way I got around it was to change from a light contrasting theme to one which used darker tones, over like a week the image vanished and I've got use to the dark style so I've stuck with it ever since.
    But this also comes with the risk of having my dark background getting burned in over time...

5. Probably a stupid suggestion, but have you tried poking the burned on area?

Also:

6. Fromage "The Cheese"

I have not tried to poke yet. :) I made it my primary monitor now, using windows 7 changing desktop thing every few minutes + screensaver after 1 min / turn off after 30 mins. I'll give it some time and see if it helps.

Erik

7. Knud Phat beats only

That pretty much sucks dude..

I only let screensaver run after what.. 20min, or even more.
    And both of my screens still work... (dunno if it is luck or not)
    (and no image burned into it either)

8. Fromage "The Cheese"

Best way to test is to have a medium grey backdrop and look for white/dark spots, hopefully you won't suffer from it. I think my problems is slightly less after a day of intense screen image changing but still got some crap left.. we'll see, i let you know.

Erik

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. plasma screen burn penis

2. dell 2209wa screen burn