F.E.A.R

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FastJohn, 25 Jan 2009.

1. F.E.A.R

Anyone plays F.E.A.R?

I'm great fan of it :P

:roll:

Got all the original games plus Expansion Pack(s)

Just played the F.E.A.R 2 demo, bloody awesome, but that girl still keep shitting me out.

new graphics and weapons etc

made some screenshots, the demo last about 30 mins though :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Re: F.E.A.R

Damn. Helluva game but since I got my logitech stuff it runs at like 7 FPS, because they are USB connected or something stupid.

Real shame :-/ hope they fix it for FEAR 2...

One note I would make on the whole concept though is that Assault Recon, in the form they put forward, really is a weird idea.

3. Re: F.E.A.R

FEAR is awesome... played and loved all the original games just downloading the new demo as we speak :D ill give u my 2cent when i complete it i just hope it isnt part of the main game cos that would just ruin it :(

You Rang?

4. Re: F.E.A.R

The new effects are ace, loving the new blood splatter but does seem abit hightech, showing people as glows when u go slowmo and stuff... but all in all still as s**t scary as the first 3 :D roll on release date is all i can say... crank up the surround sound and turn all the lights off :D

You Rang?

5. Re: F.E.A.R

:shock:

I gotta admit it that I leave my desktop lamp on

just installed F.E.A.R on this PC, (was on my other old pc's)

gonna have another go before the F.E.A.R 2 comes out.

I will get it :)

6. Re: F.E.A.R

lol i never played the game with surround sound on but i gotta admit... does make u turn round sometimes... tho i suggest not turning round in game... cos every freaking corner something will make a noise... u turn round BAM almas stood right in front of u... that does scare the bejebus out of me :D might go preorder from local game... if u got a card think u can get like 500points... so like £1.25 off the reduced price :D

You Rang?

7. Re: F.E.A.R

yes, it also makes me click slow motion(all the time). :oops:

and yes I'm get it from a game store(probably online)= £24.99, atm steam is £32.99 :o

8. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Yea Steam is scam. Like 3 years ago I bought (in a Dutch "free record" shop) a packet, which contained: Counter Strike Source, Day of Defeat Source, HL Deathmatch and HL Lost Coast for only 27 euros!! CSS alone on Steam is 20 euros!!

9. Re: F.E.A.R

Mmm, steam offers you pack of games, and it is cheaper then buy all games alone...

10. Vendetta GM's better half

i did like the look of this game, but the demo scared me so i didnt buy it

11. Re: F.E.A.R

I've been thinking.........

PS3 or PC version?

12. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Lol ! Some guys of you were scared by the Demo ?! xD Try Dead Space @ maximum difficulty :lol: (Allthough the "Surprising" monsters behind ya and the whole other game mechanics will become predictable after the half of the game, the first half really thrills you to no end !! .... And thos damn monsters are that powerful at hard, that you'll be in panic, if you're surrounded :mrgreen: )

I think, it will be a nice game, but I've allready seen in the Demo, that they are overusing the shock moments a bit .... after the first ~5 minutes it was kinda predictable .... The destroyed cinema for example, I entered the room and allready thought "Oh, I'm pretty sure, that some script will happen here" ..... donno, but in F.E.A.R. (1) it was more suprising :/

But great shooter anyway, b ut at least, its the same graphic engine with some new effects and a "grains" filter that overlays the whole screen .... but you see, that the engine is old, you can see that at the performance .... 1920x1200 resolution, all settings @ Max., in every sceen 60 FPS (Fraps, game has a framelock @ 60 FPS) .... but there are some very weird mini-lags in the game, where the game freeezes for just a moment, which happens independent from your machine (we were comparing every new game in a german Hardware Forum).

But, I think that I will buy the game, there is no shooter coming out the next weeks that is comparable with its high quality ...... and its splatter ^^ In germany, the blood effects will be censored, so that I'll need a BNlood patch .... damn you, USK xD

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)