Fantasy League

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Meh, 5 May 2014.

1. Alright so seems quite a few is interested in doing the football fantasy league thing for League of Legends so let's do it properly while there is still time.

A quick deadline I am going to just throw in everyones face is 20th May which is when the rosters are locked, meaning we can no longer make any big changes.

So what is this fantasy league? Well I'll explain it to you!

What you do essentially, is you create and manage your own team. You can mix players from different regions, but you cannot put say an ADC in the jungle position. Teams are created through a live draft ordinarilly but we might have another better way which I will return to. Anyways the draft will have an order which you teams get to pick, and you get to pick one player and then the next player chooses a player and so on untill everyone has 5 players, so obviously you are probably going to want to grab those carry roles first.

Once the teams have been drafted and the teams locked in 20th May the fun begins. You compete by getting points through your players. For every CS your player gets, you get 0,01 point. For every gold you get 0,25 points. For every kill you get 2 points, assists 1 points and deaths will deduct 2 points. So this way all your players will generate points for you so you gotta get the players that are flavor of the month!

As far as I know, you can still make a few roster swaps during the season, people who didn't get drafted will remain as free agents I believe, and you can pick them up, but your maximum roster size is 7. Now you can use the extra 2 players if say you know your normal toplaner is going to underperform this week and you can swap him out with someone you have more faith in for this week etc.

You can sign up here where you make an account and you can sign up for our GM league so we are competing against eachother. For everyone who signed up for the old league, i suggest you leave that league, the draft has already occured which is my bad for forgetting the date.

New league joining info
    Codename: GMfwoof
    Pin: 1234

Now to the drafting part. We are left with 2 choices. We can do the livedraft on the website which means everyone is present at the scheduled time will be able to draft while everyone who can't make the scheduled time, will get random players which is not very fair. Instead I suggest we do a delayed draft through this thread. I will give everyone till the 8th May to sign up for the league, where after I will give everyone a number and just RNG a pick order. After that we can start posting in the correct order which players we want and I believe after the live draft date, we can all release our players which should put them as free agents and people can pick the players they picked in this thread.

The second option sounds the most fair to me personally, and we would have to be done drafting our teams 15th May to make sure nothing messes up.

Anyways I think that is all I can remember to say about it, I hope a lot of people will join, if you have any questions do feel free to ask and I hope we have some fun! ;)[/B]

Last edited by a moderator: 5 May 2014
  2. Just a reminder to be careful with what details you give this site since Laravel's debug mode is enabled, which could have various security consequences

E.g. http://mobanation.com/404

Not a huge issue in itself, but it shows a lack of attention to procedure

Last edited: 6 May 2014
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Rooting for Club Luke Galio

4. Gaw discord is my friend now

League Cannabis Series go!

The delayed draft seems like a more fair idea, but it does sound extremely time consuming. Every team would be selecting a player one at a time, which with just 8 teams; would result in over 40 posts (assuming nobody needs prompting/reminding, which is unlikely). It would turn a relatively simple process into a long headache that will take forever to complete. I really think that the live draft would be a better solution for everyone, and I'm sure we can find a common available time.

5. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

Club Luke Galio has been official reformed and signed up for the new league, something something CLG potential something something lol luke galio

Alternatively we could deliberately miss the on-site draft, release all players off our teams and then do a more relaxed (both for arranging and picking) draft with us all on mumble at some point (this is GM after all so I guarantee someone will still miss or be late to the on-site draft if we choose that route). However I agree that doing the draft in a form that has everybody present at one time is the ideal option.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Rondon Ruff Ruff is Rondon

Reague of Regends is a go.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  7. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Fuck I need to finish projects I start. I wanted to do this years ago, might even mentioned it to someone. :(

8. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

Constantly Losing Games

les go baby

9. I've setup my own team to bring down the infamous Club Luke Galio.

Godspeed, my brothers.

10. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Added The Average Joes.

11. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

The league I'm trying to join is full </3

12. Gaw discord is my friend now

It appears the maximum league size is 8 managers. The website enforces it, it's not something Meh has set. Fwoof.

13. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

Rip in pieces 420BronzeIt.

14. ima Bean Go ham or go home.

Ive already made a 420 team too late

sorry

15. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

WELL JOKES ON YOU I CAN'T JOIN ANYWAY

16. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

Umm, err, well, your team ... is kinda ... in the old, abandoned league. Rest in rip i'm so sorry

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • Late Late x 1
    • List
  17. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

:( no1 told me about the new 1

18. The people who want to join but cannot due to size could make their own league as well. Multipliers should be the same so we could still compare points and other than that, it should be fun either way even though you might not be full.

19. Cactus The key is to never give up

The only problem with this though, is that if there are 2 different leagues, some players will be on 2 teams.

20. True. Sounds like there is at least 4 people though for the other league, could be that they could just have a full league or close to league themselves.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)