Feed the Beast

Discussion in 'Tekkit Server' started by Cactus, 31 Dec 2012.

1. Cactus The key is to never give up

Will we ever get a feed the beast server?

It's a bit like Tekkit (It's a mod pack) but it's got the author of the mods' permission so it would be updated more frequently. It hasn't got all the mods that tekkit has, but it has quite a lot more mods, with more being added as time goes on.

I think it'll be a really good replacement of the Tekkit server because not many people play on it.

2. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

It doesn't have EE2, which turns it from 'awesome, use FTB instead of Tekkit!' all the way down to 'utterly terrible'. :P

3. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

Not really that happy with FTB until they get their shit together and don't keep doing stuff like:
    Also waiting for redpower 2 to be included.

And if we do get a server, absolutely on whitelist. So much crap that will need to be checked for working permissions/protections

Edit:
    FTB will NEVER have EE2, however, will have EE3, which is some regards is drastically different (and still in pre-release).

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

I know that. But EE3 sucks anyway. It defeats the whole point of EE - nay, Tekkit / FTB. For me, that is.

5. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

No, it returns to the core of EE. Equivalent Exchange is about being able to exchange items for other items with the same equivalence. It was never about having a factory which can produce any item with an EMC value from nothing, just by it sitting there. Nor is it about flying around with godlike powers.

6. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Maybe so. But for me, it is.

7. Cactus The key is to never give up

FULL METAL ALCHEMIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LEARN THE FIRST RULE OF ALCHEMY!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

This sounds like a good idea and I agree with Mysteryem with regards to FTB's security issues and EE3 and Redpower 2. I don't know how I'd survive without Redpower, I've come to rely on it too much.

9. cenpls Original Bhoomika Gupta

I'm disappointed the thread title wasn't a euphemism

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. poloniumandrats Mutated Rat Pokémon

Forestry is damn awesome, and I really like steve's carts and railcraft combination

I'd be all for this, hopefully if redpower is implemented

11. Harv Admiral Anchovy

I really miss Forestry from Tekkit :/

12. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

Redpower 2 is supposed to be an 'after christmas' release. Apparently, there was only one or 2 main bugs that needed fixing back then, so I don't think it should be long. It also has the newer versions of buildcraft which have a bunch of new features, such as the architect's table which is like the template drawing table, but it remembers the blocks used. And path marks, allowing you to repeat the construction with a builder, along a 3 dimensional path.

There are also panels you can place over pipes (like covers and pneumatic tubes) and redstone power/logic that can be placed along pipes.

13. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

You know, I never really delved to deep into forestry mod but everything I have done with it is fantastic

14. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

As Jindo suggested the MindCrack FTB mod pack already has a prerelease of redpower 2. So maybe we could start a MindCrack server? Probably the biggest difference between MindCrack and Direwolf is the lack of Mystcraft in MindCrack, but MindCrack has Twilight Forest and Direwolf doesn't and the fact that MindCrack has GregTech, which does a lot of changes (you'll probably refer to NEI showing you the recipes for everything)
    Here are a list of the other modpacks and their mods:

MindCrack Pack v6 mods (for 1.4.6):

Particular notes:
    No Mystcraft
    Has Traincraft (no idea what it is)
    Has Twilight Forest (bosses, an entire world and more)
    Has Advanced Solar panels instead of compact solar panels (compact was in tekkit)
    Has Gregtech mod
    Direwolf20 Pack v3 mods (for 1.4.6):

Particular notes:
    Has Mystcraft
    Compact solar panels instead of advanced solar panels
    Magic World v5 mods (for 1.4.5):

Universal Electricity v9 mods (for 1.4.5):

Also, there is a brony modpack. :psyduck:

Edit:
    And Finally...
    The guys at technic have released Tekkit Lite which is essentially a tekkit collection of mods for SMP, but updated to 1.4.6
    Mods:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Cactus The key is to never give up

I don't mind either, but if we're going with MindCrack edition..

You're watching Jindoboulderfisttttt... You're watching JindoBoulderfiiiiiiiiiist.

16. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Tried the single player, I love it. My bees gon' fuck you up motherfuckers.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  17. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

The ever constructive feedback of the GM forums

But no, he's right, the single player is fantastic :D

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cactus paste ftb

2. ftb cactus paste

3. how to use the architects table in ftb direwolf pack

4. direwolf20 ftb v5 server,
  5. cactus paste feed the beast,
  6. direwolf twilight forest,
  7. gamingmasters ftb,
  8. difference between direwolf and mindcrack,
  9. why is mindcrack doing ftb instead of tekkit