Final reflections

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Th-, 25 Apr 2009.

1. Th-

Final reflections

GM has become a community I no longer want to be a part of. I don't want to go into details, but everyone reading forums regularly should know how the events of the past weeks have turned out. Let me just say I sincerely do wish the best of luck to the future Dark-Geit-Spyko leadership.

After December I realized how the organization of GM is tied to Dark and his efforts, which is one of the main reasons why I feel I am no longer needed. In the end of the day Dark is the one who will choose GM's direction and it was foolish to believe anything else, though I think the effect of the latest administration since December was in all a positive change. A lot of thanks to all of you for welcoming me into your group of leaders, its been a tremendous learning experience. More importantly though, during the time here I've played with many who I can call friends and will remember for a very long time.

...You know how they say that people get better in anything they give their time and effort, and I feel that is exactly what I've done. Much like Nomad, I feel like my time as a leader is over, and much like Myke, I believe it is time to move on to other areas of life. Imagine doing anything 2 hours daily, and seeing how you've evolved and learned in a year.

Thanks to:
    GM old school's, Beau, Fastjohn, Grendel, iBunny, LienK, Protantus, Sandman, Vacoy... it has been a long ride
    Savage, Wooo and your team, you have an admirable spirit, good luck with your TF2 future
    The rest of the 09-recruits, wish I had known you all better
    GM legends of the old: Core, Myke, Nomad, Protantus, Waebi

Special thanks to
    Disco and Pissmidget, was an honor to fight and die by your side
    Anathema, Bennett, Bun, Eon, Tricky, we had good times, I will miss them
    KJ and all the Z for introducing me to the competitive TF2
    Z team: Waebi, Overdrive, Genesis, Walking Target, Bamm, we go way back

And a note to Dark: you made everything possible and I thank you for that
    Dark, Geit and Spyko, you're on point now. GL

/signed by Th, 25th of April 2009

2. Spykodemon Disabled account

I would just like to dedicate this post to Th's stupendous work which he has provided within GM for the past year(?) now.

Th, you have been a VERY wise person and you have tought me alot of stuff I had yet to learn. You taught me various tactics which I would of never EVER pointed out to myself whilst playing competitive TF2. You have sorted out many problems which could not of been solved single-handedly and I am sure we would all thank you for that.

Come visit soon, you are welcome here with open arms. :)

R.I.P Th -- 25/04/09 I always thought you were invincible :(

3. cya m8 and GL!

4. Way to go

Goodluck Th.

Spykos, as leader i lolled @ you first thing to do could to be Ban me.

5. Spykodemon Disabled account

Huh? why would I ban you?

6. Spykodemon Disabled account

I don't hate KJ :p

just some things that he says might not be nice. :)

7. Uhm no, i talked with dark yesterday.. he told me this would happend.. he seems to believe it will work, and i dont think it will :>

Th is no longer around, and i guess more will do the same, inkl me.. if the oldies leave.

8. Goodbye Th - It's really sad to see you go - you're the one who really introduced me to the competitive side of TF2 by allowing me to practice with your team/ watch you play your matches. Your knowledge and leadership will not be forgotten, and neither will you. :(

I hope the other aspects of your life work out, but I won't worry as I'm sure you'll take any problems with the same stance and thought as you do with any challenge that comes your way. :p

GL matey :)

- Savage

9. i salute you, Th

i hope we still get to play against or with eachother in teh future, always learned bit by bit from playing with you yet it was always fun
    You are a great leader, that's for sure :)

give me a call on steam if you want a match, okay ;)

SALUTATIONS!

10. adios th and remember keep hydrated!

11. Rondon Ruff Ruff is Rondon

Cya TH- best of luck in the future

12. Geit Coding wizard!

Bye. GL in future

13. sorry to hear this mate, but i am sure i will see you arround. HF

14. Good luck to what ever you decide to do, your leadership will be missed.

15. SnuggleMuffin SnuggleMuffin

bye th =(

16. This is a great loss to the GM community. A player who sought and promoted player excelence.

You will be missed my friend.

Disco

17. This makes me sad :<

and confused.

mostly sad tho

18. I don't know what's been going on recently, as I've only just started playing TF2 regularly again, but Th was there when I began again, medicking away when I needed the help. :)

Good luck in future mate, by all accounts you've been a fine leader.

19. o it is sad asian man ='( was great to know you mate

glad you made a facebook profile, will def keep in touch that way. see you around mate =)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)