Finalising Wastelands 2.0

Discussion in 'The Wastelands' started by Mysteryem, 7 Mar 2013.

1. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

I've got the server running with the same terrain generation options as before, excluding a few changes to the format since.

Before finishing up with the Wastelands server there are a few things I need some input on:
    1. Add all of the previous custom recipes from https://www.gamingmasters.org/threads/welcome-to-the-wastelands.5382/ ?
    2. Change the recipes which used bricks to using netherbricks?
    3. Any new recipes?
    4. Spawn abandoned mineshafts?
    5. If yes to 4, change the wood to ____
    6. and the fences to ____.
    7. Spawn strongholds?
    8. Allow all aggressive mobs, except ghasts to spawn?
    9. Decrease the growth rates of all plants?
    10. Add any particular objects to the map? (anything time consuming or complex or just loads of suggestions probably won't happen unless you make them yourself)
    11. Should there be any naturally spawning water?
    12. Any modified/added mob/item drops?
    13. Enable the End?
    14. Any particular server mods/plugins that should be on the server? (other than terrain control and mob spawn controls)
    15. Anything else?

1. Add all of the previous custom recipes from https://www.gamingmasters.org/threads/welcome-to-the-wastelands.5382/ ?

They all seem good to me!

2. Change the recipes which used bricks to using netherbricks?

This seems fine as it is but doesn't look like it will make much difference
    3. Any new recipes?

Not that I can think of!
    4. Spawn abandoned mineshafts?

Yes! :D
    5. If yes to 4, change the wood to Nether Brick?

6. and the fences to Nether Fence?
    7. Spawn strongholds?

No

8. Allow all aggressive mobs, except ghasts to spawn?

Allow all mobs, even ghasts!

9. Decrease the growth rates of all plants?

Yes

10. Add any particular objects to the map? (anything time consuming or complex or just loads of suggestions probably won't happen unless you make them yourself)

Not that I can think of! Maybe some puzzles/large dungeons

11. Should there be any naturally spawning water?

Very very rarely yes

12. Any modified/added mob/item drops?

Not that I can think of

13. Enable the End?

No

14. Any particular server mods/plugins that should be on the server? (other than terrain control and mob spawn controls)

Not that I can think of

15. Anything else?

Hello

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. 16. rm -rf /

3. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

No! No no no!

Ghasts have a glitch where if they spawn with their "tentacles" inside a solid block, they will not be able to move AND be able to lock onto you through several layers of solid block.

This means they will spawn above your base and keep shooting fireballs directly at you until there is a huge tunnel from the surface to your base.

We used to call them Miner Ghasts on the previous map.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Add all of the previous custom recipes from https://www.gamingmasters.org/threads/welcome-to-the-wastelands.5382/ ?

Excellent. This is a good place to start.

Change the recipes which used bricks to using netherbricks?

I had an idea about this. How about we change the process where you have to smelt Netherrack to get Bricks. Not Brick Blocks, but individual bricks.

Any new recipes?

Don't forget the few new additions we made:

3 Vines = Sugarcane
    Smelting Rail = Flint

Did we ever come up with one for Blaze Rods?

Spawn abandoned mineshafts?

Aye

If yes to 4, change the wood to ____

Mossy Cobblestone

and the fences to ____.

Stone Walls

Spawn strongholds?

Oh god yes!

Allow all aggressive mobs, except ghasts to spawn?

Almost. I forgot that Blazes will spawn in any light level below 15. This WILL cause havoc with your base, farm, tree farm, what have you. We discovered this in the same lesson we learned about the Ghasts.

Decrease the growth rates of all plants?

Hmmmmmm...tough call. Maybe.

Add any particular objects to the map? (anything time consuming or complex or just loads of suggestions probably won't happen unless you make them yourself)

Witch Huts!

Should there be any naturally spawning water?

Yes, but not oceans or lakes. Puddles and single source blocks of water are good enough.

Any modified/added mob/item drops?

I would still like to see something that drops Redstone Dust. We tried Silverfish, but for some reason that didn't work.

Enable the End?

Nah.

Any particular server mods/plugins that should be on the server? (other than terrain control and mob spawn controls)

Storm.

Anything else?

Thank you for working on this, Mysteryem

5. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Highlighted for importance.

6. Jindo Just Look at the Parking Lot, Larry.

That Storm plugin looks great!

7. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Indeed!

I also have a quick suggestion.

On the MineZ server, they have a special "Spawn" that is basically a world unto itself. You can look at the signs and read all the rules.

Then, when you're good and ready you right click a sign or something and BAM! you're in a random place in the world.

I would love to see us do something like that, too. Some place where all of our custom recipes are displayed, the world is described, and our rules about racism and anti-hacks are explained.

Oh, and could we include Core Protect into this server. Instead of Diamond Ore, we could have it detect Cobblestone/Dirt

8. Jindo Just Look at the Parking Lot, Larry.

It would be cool if this spawn area was some kind of asylum that you can find in the world but is completely shut off with no entrances or exits. Plus the structure + area around it can't be tampered with by players.

EDIT: Following Mysteryem's initial request that we provide stuff like this ourselves, I put this together just now:

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  9. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

Sounds familiar...

10. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Would it be possible to add Thirst to the Wastelands, or would that fuck things up for Experience Levels and Enchanting?

Oh, and another thought. Since we're going to most likely have Wither Skeletons spawning about, and as such someone might make a Wither Boss...perhaps we can have that huge fellow drop a Lava Bucket instead of a Nether Star.

Or...would that make things too easy?

And finally, Magma Slimes can spawn in any light level (much like Blazes).

Maybe we can do without them as well.

11. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Is the Wastelands going to be exactly like all previous or did you get any of the new mods (like the spawning of dead trees, buildings and new terrains) to work?
    For me this would have great influence on all asked questions.

1. Add all of the previous custom recipes from https://www.gamingmasters.org/threads/welcome-to-the-wastelands.5382/ ? YES
    2. Change the recipes which used bricks to using netherbricks? NO I like regular redstone brick more.
    3. Any new recipes? Not too fussed
    4. Spawn abandoned mineshafts? Yes
    5. If yes to 4, change the wood to ____ Netherbrick (stone would only make it easier. Stone should be rare.
    6. and the fences to ____. Netherbrick
    7. Spawn strongholds? YES
    8. Allow all aggressive mobs, except ghasts to spawn? YES
    9. Decrease the growth rates of all plants? YES
    10. Add any particular objects to the map? (anything time consuming or complex or just loads of suggestions probably won't happen unless you make them yourself) UHM
    11. Should there be any naturally spawning water? Small amounts or ice if possible
    12. Any modified/added mob/item drops? Maybe only carrots and not potatoes as they give less health?
    13. Enable the End? NO
    14. Any particular server mods/plugins that should be on the server? (other than terrain control and mob spawn controls) UHM
    15. Anything else? Wizzard poopypants
    Oh and I love the Birdcage!

12. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

I think having random structures/destroyed buildings sometimes spawning in the map would be pretty cool, it sort of adds to the experience as I always enjoyed seeing weird buildings (Those small pyramids) on the first ever Wasteland server.

13. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Mysteryem was working on it. The mod I linked did work on single player but don't know if he got it to work on the our server as it didn't work when he first tried. Also I think it had something to do with terrain control. River and ocean could not be turned off I think.

14. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

I'll get round to some more responses in separate posts later.
    I may be able to stop ghasts spawning on the ground (remove them as they spawn if there is a block beneath their position)
    I should be able modify the light level spawning conditions for any mob. (don't see why bukkit wouldn't allow me to get the light level of a block) And don't pigmen spawn in higher light levels too?

I can add them, but whether they will actually spawn or not, I don't know. How many biomes to add them to? I think we have either 3 or 4 atm.

This is the current setup.

Redstone can be mined normally, though the plugin we used to make creepers drop creeper heads etc. should work with this.

Looks pretty cool, we don't have any ice/snow biomes so no blizzards obviously. Just comes down to wether or not it will work with MCPC+, or if I'll have to find a bukkit plugin to do the custom mob spawning.

15. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

This:
    Download http://faskerstudio.com/minecraft/BBOB/ and get creating if you want to help out.

16. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

17. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

What is the difference between using this and creating things on single player in MC?

Spuds and I are looking at the BOBB now

18. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Groovy. If that's the case, then let us rock with them.

Great. If you can make all hostile mobs only spawn in Light Level 7 or lower, that would be GREAT!

Well, they are already rather rare...so why not all biomes available.

Didn't we have Electrified Creepers dropping Glowstone?

Maybe...Zombie Villagers can drop Redstone Dust.

Just a thought.

19. Jindo Just Look at the Parking Lot, Larry.

The BBOB thing saves your creation in a specific format that carries spawning conditions (which can be edited in the Properties tab)

Looking at the software you can open Schematic files, which I believe can be created in MCEdit using stuff you've made in Minecraft. Will look in to it further!

EDIT: It looks like the BBOB thing isn't up to date with regards to the latest blocks (cobblestone fences, item frames, pots, whatever else came in that update?) so bear that in mind if you're using schematics.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)