Finalising Wastelands 2.0

Discussion in 'The Wastelands' started by Mysteryem, 7 Mar 2013.

1. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

I started building things but find it hard to be creative in this as like in actual minecraft. So I am guessing there is no way we can make things in Minecraft and the transfer them?

2. Any ETA on this?

3. Jindo Just Look at the Parking Lot, Larry.

Okay:

• Make your building in Minecraft
    • Load that map in MCEdit, the Load World option will let you choose from your save files without having to navigate to the map's folder.
    • Select your building and hit the Export button to the left of MCEdit, this will save it as a .schematic file.
    • You can open .schematic files in BBOB, and then save them as .BO2 files.
    As I said on the previous page, some blocks (cobblestone fence, item frames, pots, possibly others) haven't been added to BBOB yet so be careful with what you use.

4. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Oh sweet! Thank you!

5. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

I probably should have specified, .BO2 files are required for any structures which are added to the terrain generator so dead trees, destroyed buildings etc.

If you are building a custom structure which won't be added to the terrain generator, then it can be left as a schematic.
    Only electrified creepers dropping glowstone would be more complex than just all creepers since I don't think many plugins differentiate between electrified and normal, but I can probably code this into my 'wastelands fixes' plugin.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

Ok, the terrain generation (minus any additional spawned objects) is pretty much complete. I've had to disable mineshafts as there is a bug which means that some of the chunks won't have their blocks changed. While is it possible to add them as custom objects, it's starting to get pretty complicated. Perhaps cobwebs should be spawned underground occasionally?

Strongholds are currently enabled (does lava spawn in them?..)

Concerning the Storm plugin, volcanoes will need to be disabled as they create lava.

Should McMMO be added to the server?

Todo:
    Restrict mob spawning to low light levels (may get a mob spawning plugin which can do this, instead of adding it to my server specific plugin myself)
    Add custom objects to the terrain generator
    Add the custom recipes to the server (may include more drops from mobs which change depending on what you kill them with, FYI, mob grinders can be completely disabled)
    Set up player permissions
    Add NoCheatPlus or similar
    Work out which plugin to use for teleportation signs. I suggest having a few 'hubs' in the world which are PvP disabled zones which players can teleport between (maybe with a cooldown between teleports?)
    Probably some more stuff...

Edit: Install http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/fear-darkness/ and http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/monster-apocalypse/. Watch the suffering.

7. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Yes please!

8. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Whooohoo!!!! I can't wait!!!

9. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

I got a couple of ideas but not sure how easy they will be to get working
    • At Night Players take cold damage when away from heat sources (above ground only).
    • Players carrying a lot of weight can't run.
    • Torches left out in the rain will go out (as seen in tomo's when they turn into redstone torches).

10. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

The only thing I don't like is the "can't run with a lot of stuff". When you venture out you are not going to get only one thing. You want to take as much as possible. For me this makes me not to venture out.

11. Fire ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) WHAT DO YOU MEAAAAN

By that do you mean that the torches just get removed or something else? Because if it is for the torches to get removed then when it is raining all the torches that are outside will get removed from everywhere on the server...or so do I think

12. Cactus The key is to never give up

I assume it will only effect the loaded chunks.

13. Fire ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) WHAT DO YOU MEAAAAN

Yea but still. It has to remove the item completely and not just make them drop on the ground as a pick up items, because it will make the server lag a lot because of all the items on the ground.

14. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

Only plugin I've seen that does this drops them as items.

15. Fire ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) WHAT DO YOU MEAAAAN

Well there you go. I think because of all the torches that are you going to be on the ground it may lag the server. I guess we have to do some tests.

16. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

17. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Heh...

18. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

I have updated the server to my current pre-release version.
    Some notable current changes:
    All mobs spawn with 2.25 to 4.5 minutes of fire resistance. (this is to both protect mobs from stupidly wandering into patches of fire and to allow a way for mobs to despawn or at least not build up quite so quickly)
    All mobs burn in sunlight.
    Mobs can spawn in sunlight but at a greatly reduced rate (15% of the frequency of spawns you'd get at night).
    Mobs cannot spawn in light levels above 7 which are from blocks in the world.
    We have the ability to change the length of day, sunrise, sunset and night.
    Naturally spawning zombies and skeletons cannot spawn with enchanted gear or any armour at the moment, though I am able to give mobs equipment, so it should be possible to spawn the occasional one with armour. I'm thinking 'boss' mobs maybe?
    Abandoned mineshafts are spawning again and I've reset the world, feel free to explore the server in the mean time, but note that the current world will be deleted without warning.

Edit: NOTE: Permissions are not set up yet.

• Wizard Wizard x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  19. You are the best!

20. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you !!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)