First PC games ?

Discussion in 'Hardware and Software' started by xGhst, 25 May 2012.

1. xGhst I am a faggot. Read bio thingy.

Here is mine:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  2. Absolute first PC game: DOS 5.0 version of http://demu.org/resource-details/1595

[​IMG]

First Windows games: (still remember my first pc, dat windows 3.11 486dx2 then later pentium 1 75mhz)

[​IMG]

[​IMG] (Lode Runner)

First PC game I bought: (saved up for weeks lul, think I was on a pentium 2 ~266mhz + 12mb voodoo 2 gpu by this time)

[​IMG]

They don't make them like they used to, the manual was literally a 200 page book with insane levels of detail on history etc.

3. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Hmm... All kinds of RedCat games maybe? And then Rayman 1... And then GTA2?

No idea really. :P

4. [​IMG]

Earliest I can remember.

5. Redcat, Lego Racers, GTA2, Croc, Jack Jazzrabit... not sure which ones came first

6. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Oh, yes, Lego Racers and Croc! I forgot those - and they're so awesome!

7. xGhst I am a faggot. Read bio thingy.

Second PC game I had was Diablo 2... that was fantastic. Has anyone got Diablo III ? I don't yet :( :( :( :( :(

8. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. [​IMG]
    Probably this

• Like Like x 4
    • Late Late x 1
    • List
  10. tiberian sun > dune 2000 > * in c&c series

and renegade of course, different genre but tops the lot of them

11. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

[​IMG]

Im so ashamed of myself...

• Like Like x 2
    • Douglas Douglas x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. coffeejunky GM's Tea-boy

First PC game was The Incredible Machine -
    [​IMG]

Still own it, and it still runs on win 7.

I also remember Swiv 3d quite fondly, probably the first 'grown-up' PC game I played (Voxels FTW)

Like Apex I also remember Sim City 2000 well, guud times.

13. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

I guess xGhst changed his mind from agreeing with me to douglasing me.

#JoiningTheBandwagon.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Zing Zing x 2
    • List
  14. Mr.Bam Praise the sun!

[​IMG]

(this game but not the french version)

15. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

How could I possibly forget this? Man, that's another contender for best game ever. As well as GTA Vice City, obviously.

Oh, and I also played Need For Speed: Underground when I was 10 or so; my very first nickname (need my speed) was based on it.

16. xGhst I am a faggot. Read bio thingy.

exactly. I need new fwiends.

• Douglas Douglas x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. RossyMac Bunch of young trap lords and we down for sinning

ee1.jpg ee2.jpg 6EmpireEarth-Attack.jpg 1796-3-empire-earth-1.jpg Sorry for big images. This was the best game I have ever played. It had one of the best multiplayer communities I've ever experienced, you could choose what age you wanted the game to be set in, from copper age to nano age. You had to try and defeat your opponents by force, but it introduced strategy in that the units costed different resources and you had to try and balance gathering resources and building units. It required a huge amount of skill because you could either be aggressive and it might pay off because you could take out the opponent's citizens (who gathered the resources) and their capital (which produced the citizens), but you could be met by the opponent's forces and out-matched in resources because you didn't concentrate enough on getting resources. You could also discover buildings and advance ages to try and outdo your opponent in technological means.
    It was also where I joined my first and only clan, since I moved onto consoles when the server closed down. :P I would suggest you try it, if you don't mind poor graphics (the close ups of the characters are hilarious) and the lack of multiplayer since the servers were shut down due to lack of money since it didn't cost to play.
    This was an amazing game that I played for 4 years, multiplayer games could last up to 7 hours depending on the map size and type. There could be islands for each player so you had to transport your units by planes or by ship, both of which could be destroyed before they reach the opponent's island. You could also build battleships, submarines etc. to defend your ports or fishing fleets. Again, strongly recommend you try it, since the game is selling for as little as £2 from what I can see on Ebay :P

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Sweaty Sweaty x 1
    • List
  18. Cactus The key is to never give up

It is a northern irish thing buddy ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I FRICKING LOVED THESE!!! I had them when I was about four, and I still have them in their original boxes! :3

19. RossyMac Bunch of young trap lords and we down for sinning

MIND IS FUCKED. :P

20. xGhst I am a faggot. Read bio thingy.

MIND your language.

• Zing Zing x 3
    • Douglas Douglas x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sierra lode runner

2. lode runner by sierra

3. windows 3.11 rayman pc game