Friday Night Clan Battles

Discussion in 'Events' started by Z3Ronl, 26 May 2008.

1. Friday Night Clan Battles

I'm thinking about hosting random clan battles every friday night starting around 7 GMT. These clan battles are completely random and should be entered by using the random door. In case of a complete steamroll, sides can be randomized after each battle. Decided upon by vote. In case of to many applicants admins may be needed to help host events.

There will be four game setups:

16v16 Massacre.
    Well we all know this, no sign-ups required to play but to make sure we have enough players still do so.

Requirements:
    none:

Maps:
    Any map can be played.

8v8 Tournament Style.
    These games will be similar to real tournaments games and should be taken seriously. Teams are chosen randomly, no team stacking whatsoever. (just enter with the random door). To make sure we have 16 players, sign-ups are required. If you are unable to make it please notify me so replacements can be found. With enough applications we can start a second match server.
    There will be a 5 minute setup time for managing classes if needed.

requirements:
    Microphone (Teamspeak, In-game).
    Alltalk off.
    Crits off.

Maps:
    Any map can be played.

6v6 Tournament Style.
    These games will be similar to real tournaments games and should be taken seriously. Teams are chosen randomly, no team stacking whatsoever. (just enter with the random door). To make sure we have 12 players, sign-ups are required. If you are unable to make it please notify me so replacements can be found. With enough applications we can start a second match server.
    There will be a 5 minute setup time for managing classes if needed.

requirements:
    Microphone (Teamspeak, In-game).
    Alltalk off.
    Crits off.

Maps:
    Any map can be played, but due to the nature of 6v6 the larger maps are not that fun.

3v3 Basketball Battle:
    Soldiers take it to the basketball court. Its 3v3 soldier only map played on bball.

Requirements:
    Soldier class. (No other classes allowed)

Maps:
    BBall only.

I need some additional information from core, but i think i will start sign-ups for the first event tonight. Even tho I called this friday night battles, they may be held on other days too ofcourse. If you signup for a event, please stay for the full hour. Rage quitting is unnecessary and spoils the fun for others. In case of disputes or arguments the host of the event will intervene, please abide by his decisions.

please post any ideas, maybe we could a training sessions as well (nomad's idea).

2. Re: Friday Night Clan Battles

Great move Z3Ronl,

I was only discussing something like this last night with Core. And I would be more than interested to play in these matches.

Also the ongoing thoughts of training sessions is a must.

3. Re: Friday Night Clan Battles

This is very well thought indeed.

Hopefully it will get that community spirit back again :)

4. Re: Friday Night Clan Battles

For this friday we should stick to 7 GTM, but for further battles i would suggest 8 or 9 GMT.

For central europe 7GMT means 8GMT+1 which is a good time but not too late.
    I think the most east timezone will be GMT+2 in our clan, and 9 GMT would still be ok for these people.
    But for americans 7GMT is pretty soon. If you have to work on friday and even if you can go home at 14:00 this is too soon for most americans. I don't know in which timezone Nomad is in, but i can image that 7 GMT is too soon for him.

The second consideration i have is concerning friday. There are 2 days most people maintain relationships with others. These are Friday and Saturday. It could be better to have the battles on thursday or sunday, since we all are getting nerds, if we game when others make party.

5. Re: Friday Night Clan Battles

well you may set them past 8pm, if it's a "Friday Night Clan Battle" ;)
    (free weekends ftw.)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)