"Fun" server

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Hooch, 22 Apr 2012.

1. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

Can we please get rid of the rtv system and just get a map rotation so all the played gamemodes come to order?

i'd rather request that dodgeball gets it's own server as that's just being spammed around...but i don't see that happening as i allready requested that twice...

with a map cycle we wont have to use admin powers to finally play something that isn't dodgeball, like we had to do today twice...

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Can not like rating enough.

3. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

That's a good idea; Dodgeball on another server.

4. Sim Burner of props and hunter of hunters

Mmmmm... 24/7 Dodgeball.

*salivates*

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

Seeing as others would also like a 24/7 dodgeball server is it possible for an admin/someone who has the ability to detach dodgeball from the fun server and deliver happiness to all the people?

6. Gaw discord is my friend now

It's a bad idea. If they are seperated, everyone is going to move to the dodgeball server, and the fun server will die out. No more VSH, ZF etc.

7. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Not at all. The way I see it, there are two groups; those who prefer Saxton Hale, and those who prefer Dodgeball. Both modes are played quite often and the server is quite full. If DOdgeball gets its own server, I'm sure #8 will survive as a mostly Saxton Hale server with some other modes played less frequently (Fort Wars and Zombie Fortress are quite popular as well, albeit less than Dodgeball and Saxton Hale).

Maybe Saxton Hale could be split between proper Saxton Hale and Dead Run, or however it's called?

EDIT: Also, today, everytime I looked, #8 was playing Saxton Hale, excepept for one time early this morning when it was playing Dodgeball.

8. Maybe there could be an experimential period (2-4 weeks?) with a db 24/7 server. To see how much population it gets and how much people will be on #8 after that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

i agree with Nlspeed, though i'll add that i think the VSH/ZF server will be better seeing as there are only like 6 to 10 people playing Dodgeball and whenever we switch to VSH we have a good 16 people within no time.
    also whenever the mumble people are on the fun server and it's about to switch to dodgeball, how many people will say: oh god not dodgeball.

10. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Indeed, the more [GM] oriented people prefer Saxton Hale, while the... Strangers, so to say, prefer Dodgeball. And yes, Saxton Hale seems, to me, to be more popular than Dodgeball as well, albeit by a small margin.

11. Sim Burner of props and hunter of hunters

Yep. I'm pretty damn strange.

12. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Well, one day you're friendly, then you're evil... Do you have permanent periods or something?

But more to the point, that was a generalisation, quite obviously. :P

13. Spykodemon Disabled account

Please implement dodgeball + stats.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)