GamesCom '09, Cologne/Köln .... anyone coming ?! ^^

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Obaruler, 18 Aug 2009.

1. Re: GamesCom '09, Cologne/Köln .... anyone coming ?! ^^

Supreme Commander > CC3 TW

2. Fromage "The Cheese"

Re: GamesCom '09, Cologne/Köln .... anyone coming ?! ^^

Oh really? that sounds bad indeed. Harvesting is the funny part!! Im pretty sure lan mode is removed to minimize piracy (same as blizzard do on SC2) I dont mind i mean... who uses lan anyhow these days? Any lan-party has internet connection so what the hell! :D

Erik

3. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Erm ....... "big LANs", with more than 200 people can become pretty difficult if you keep in mind what kind of connections you need for so many people, + what about private LANs, in your basement / summer house ?!

+ LAN is the best way to play with others via Internet ! Just run the program Hamachi, and start a local game through this simulated LAN connection.

And it wont work against piracy either, someone will crack the Mulitplayer within ~2 weeks, so you can set up your own BattleNet2 server for SC2 for example or such stuff ......

I will NOT buy SC2 / D3 / C&C4 if there is no LAN mode, these games are standart on every good LAN, and i will not support the stupid idea of removing an essential part of the game.

I will wait for a LAN patch, or a cracked version (to "modify" the original game with possibility to play Multiplayer without internet).

4. Fromage "The Cheese"

If you even consider a modified version of the game you should at least buy it or your moral is zero. If a game doesn't give me what I want, I simply don't play it. Lan is so 1992 anyhow, any lan party organized in these times has a decent internet connection, if you wanna play on the countryside then you are not in the majority of the people. Im pretty sure that you only has to connect through the internet but it will still "send" via the network cables, and not all over the net (but I'm far from sure if that's how it will work..)

I 100% support the decision of removing LAN and have things verified towards a server, that makes less cheaters, easier to keep track of ranks, easier to get the info to another PC if you decide to play somewhere else with your account, probably less piracy. Don't see any disadvantages with it.

Edit. Only warezers uses hamachi anyhow, there is no point of using the LAN mode when you can play through the lobby systems that are out there.

Erik

5. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Well, im not a leecher, but im using Hamachi for almost every RTS game that i play with my RL friends, and i will not buy new versions of games, that were my fav. LAN games
    for a long time, in LAN with friend arent any cheaters btw.

And to be honest: I dont care if Blizzard/EA want me to not play in LAN, i will buy their games at the time, were a crack is available, to set up a private server / unlock a LAN mode / whatsoever. Thx to german laws, i wont get really punished for that anyways ;P

Note: Im buying the game, not leeching ! And whatever im doing with the copy i buy is noone business imo, i dont care about restrictions in that case, they have their money for my cops and shall SHUT THE FUCK UP about how i am playing the game togehter with my friends, i almost never ever play RTS online, only with my friends in LAN mode via Hamachi or on real LANs, and i/we will do anything to play SC2/C&C4/D3 in LAN mode, otherwise, im only interested in the Single Player campaigns, because i want to know, how the storys continue.

I more think, that Blizzard wants to establish with the BattleNEt 2 something like Steam, to offer additional download stuff for payment if they have enough users bound to it, you will NOT prevent people from leeching the game, not even 10% of all the SC1 players have ever played in the internet via Battlenet1, most people i know only played it because of the campaign, and for that a leeched copy would be more than enough.

Anyways: I never leech stuff i like, i pay for it, same goes for SC2 & the other games, but i will only buy it, if there is a way to use it the way i like.

But you are right, C&C4 doesnt seem to offer me what i want in any case, that why i think i wont buy it, just talked to a friend that was on the GC yesterday and had a little talk with one of the developers ..... game seems to become a combinated Dawn of War 2 / World in Conflict clone, EA-stlye ........ poor C&C4, and R.I.P. -.-

6. Knud Phat beats only

Anyways, I did enjoy RA3, but it was quite short and not good balanced, plus too many patches.. (i hate EA's way of spreading patches).

And Supreme Commander is better, but also more hardcore. Plus need a decent pc too :)
    C&C4, only saw the trailer.

Btw, NAPOLEON:: TOTAL WAR IS COMING :D :D

7. Fromage "The Cheese"

Well im glad you support the devs by buying the games instead of leeching. :) The reason i said what I did was cause i always see people who complains about this and that to download it instead of paying for it (find exuses to justify their torrenting..) and thats whats bugging me.

The good thing about Valve is that they let people mod their games as much as they'd like more or less. Thats def. one of the best companies out there, I wish more devs was like them!

As long as you buy the game I wouldn't mind you using a lan crack really, the EULA should be less strict on that point (when you buy a game :))

Erik

8. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

As i said: I am NOT leeching anything, i pay for the stuff i wanna consume, i make enough money besides my studying, so why not spending money for 1 full price game every 1-2 months (+ some more @ christmas =) ) ?!

And i am proud about all the game packages in my game-frame ^^

I just HATE it that they want to decide, how i am playing togehter with my friends, and i WANT a LAN mode, no matter what.

About the EULA .... well, really forbidden per law is only breaking the copy protection. In fact, "modifying" the game is not really "allowed", but there is no law that would really punish you here for doing so. And you wont be brought to trial by the industry, because the german consumer protection laws are too strong, i havent heard about one succesful complaint in this case in all the past years, so i am more or less free to do with my copy what i want (funy thing: German laws says: With the DVD i "buy" something, it is my ownership, and i am free to do with it whatever i want, including modifying, making a "secutrity copy" OR reselling it to another person, but it becomes illegal if i would break a copy protection while creating my copy of it ..... weeeeeird xD )

I know, you can test it on the GC ;)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)