geitng rid of Netbook and Notebook, may going to MacBook Pro ...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Obaruler, 18 Sep 2009.

1. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

geitng rid of Netbook and Notebook, may going to MacBook Pro ...

Well, some of you remember, i got a new Notebook a few months ago, for gamin etc. ...... it sux, its not as mobile as needed, even with a 2nd battery, so im going to university with my Asus Netbook, the only real places were i can make good use of its mobile gaming capability would be if i'd fly into vacation, or in our garden ...... but seriously, why am i having this thing ?! Spending 1,800€ to use it in the own garden ?! My 4 times faster PC is just a few meters away in the 1st floor .... -> *Epic self-/facepalm*

Going to my Netbook: Very mobile, ye, but .... screen is really tiny, after a while, its hard to work on it, writing stuff, surfing, etc. and the screen resolution is for my habits pretty pathetic, + it sux if i need a "bit" of power .... HD Flash streaming is allready raping the hardware, omg ......

Well, in any case i wanna get rid of my Notebook now (Ebay), and i am thinking about geting rid of my Netbook as well ..... hate to waste money .......

Since I am now off from my "Apple sux and is overpriced" - mentality because im using the iPhone 3GS now (<3), i am really thinking about buying a MacBook Pro, some guys i know in the uni. are using them, and the battery seems to hold very long, website says 7/8 hours, but they told me, realistic is something arround 5 hours ..... would be still more that double the time of my current big Notebook, and a bit less than my Netbook, so it seems to be perfect.

+ now (finally) T-Mobile (iPhone provider) is offering me an option for Tethering, to use the iPhone as Modem for UMTS-based internet for the Notebook/Netbook/MacBook, and some mobile services iÄd use in that case only works with Macs (MobileMe) ....

Any of you have some experiences with MacBooks ?! Need it for: Office, browsing, bit of C/C+ programming (maybee CAD laters ... ) ...... and it would be nice, if there would be some emulators, for old games ^^

I'd be interested in the 13 inch MacBook Pro, with SSD, because i dont ahve that much space in my bag .... a 15,4" - with SSD (i kinda tend to rape my bag with throughing it in corners ;) ... + awesome loading speeds) one would fit as well, but would cause less space left for books :/ ..... so, what to do/buy ?! o.O

Money isnt that kind of problem, ill sell my almost-new Notebook, maybee the Netbook, and am willing to spend a bit more if needed .....

Do i need the 15,4" one ?! What about the OS Snow Leopard ?! ^^

2. Poxie Ray-Banned

Re: geitng rid of Netbook and Notebook, may going to MacBook Pro ...

More money than sense :o

:D

3. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Well, the big Notebook is kinda useless, and i hate the tiny, under-powered Netbook, its not THAT kind of senseles ^^

4. Gaw discord is my friend now

Netbook/notebook.. Not made for gaming, just buy a laptop, and for god's sake dont get a mac book.

5. Re: geitng rid of Netbook and Notebook, may going to MacBook Pro ...

Kinda in the same situation as Oba myself :P My opinion on apple changed a lot when I got my iPhone too, and a few of my friends from uni have moved to Macbooks. They are lovely, powerful, great battery life and can dual boot for Windows easily (if you get fed up of Snow Leopard). The case is also very nice and strong, so should have a long lifespan (one thing my Alienware Laptop hugely fails on).
    I'll be getting one myself soon enough, and will stick Windows 7 on it too as I have a free license for that :D

6. Poxie Ray-Banned

I would buy a Macbook, maybe a pro, if you're gonna be doing Uni work, perhaps the odd movie and of course music. Although I would never buy a iMac the laptops are very nice. Sleek, fast and the O/S on there is solid. I would buy one if they weren't near on two grand.

7. Gaw discord is my friend now

Forum needs a "minus thanks" button tbh

8. Poxie Ray-Banned

So close minded, angsty teens can baww about people who don't hate something because it's the cool thing to do? COOL!

9. Re: geitng rid of Netbook and Notebook, may going to MacBook Pro ...

I would buy a Macbook and run Windows on it :)

I dislike *nix systems.

10. Knud Phat beats only

Sony just released their new X-series.
    Its even thinner than Apple macbook air.
    But it will cost you € 2000, and CPU is not 100% decided. (Sample on IFA was atom.. but most likely will change to CULV version of C2D)

Also MSI has slim notebooks. You can check those out as well.

11. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

I know about that device.

Atom ..... enough heard, low powered crap =)

12. Knud Phat beats only

Yes, but will be changed to better CPU for sure.
    Anyways, don't be stubern, atleast check it.
    (If you want slim ofcourse :) )

13. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

MacBook Pro allready is pretty thin, + the full-aluminum case looks and "feels" awesome ..... i want a good compromise of power and flexibility.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. geitng