Genre Thread: Metal & Rock

Discussion in 'Music' started by Locust, 26 Jun 2015.

1. Locust The Great Yeelord

Post new artists, albums and classics that are related to any subgenre within metal and rock. Suppose I'll start off with the origin of my Steam name:
    Locust

Reaper

Last edited: 26 Jun 2015
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. Right my kind of shit, lets start with the heaviest.

Take it down a notch

(I hate BMTHs older stuff, it's horrible but their newish ambient sound is really nice)

Now onto the chill rock that could kinda be called pop-rock but it's all gravy anyhow

and some Native American rock, because.. why not?

done.

Last edited: 26 Jun 2015
  3. Mr.Bam Praise the sun!

Panopticon by ISIS

Stone's Reach by Be'lakor

Panopticon is maybe the best post-metal album made by one of the best post-metal bands.

Be'lakor is really good instrumentally but not a lot of my friends appreciate their heavy vocals.

4. Locust The Great Yeelord

Initial discussion: what do you lot think of this new single by KING 810 track? The new album is going to be a collaboration between this metal act plus some lesser known rap artists such as Trick Trick and Tech N9ne:

5. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

I'm not a metal fan, especially songs that use screaming or that vocal style, but having seen these guys live I have found myself enjoying a bit of Crossfaith and Halestorm from time to time

Still annoyed I never got to see these boys live because their tent at Leeds was overflowing, but Royal Blood are a great duo made up of one drummer and one bassist who have exploded over the last year. First of two albums I've bought in the last few years.

7. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

Good old Motorhead

Little bit of powermetal

Even though Dethklok is a "fake" band from the cartoon Metalocalypse it's still pretty decent

8. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

Haha bet you lot haven't heard of these!!

9. Locust The Great Yeelord

I don't want to brag but... I might have listened to one or two demos of theirs. But they've gone through some name changes over the years, they were called Rectal Autopsy or something like that. It was a joke that I shared with a friend of mine when we first started listening to heavier stuff back a few years ago. The sudgenre is called goregrind or something like that, really messy stuff :S

10. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Don't listen to Metal often but I do fancy a good angry song now and then.

11. Locust The Great Yeelord

So BFMV released fifth album yesterday and it's a million times better than Temper Temper:

Some other albums that have or are being released this year that are worth listening to or forward to include:

LOG - Strum und Drang

COF - Hammer of the Witches

COB - I Worship Chaos

Motorhead - Bad Magic

Soilwork - The Ride Majestic

Crossfaith - Xeno

12. Locust The Great Yeelord

RIP Lemmy Klimister, you shall be missed greatly :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

>metal

:froggonk:

14. Azyr demoniac

Haiduk

15. Azyr demoniac

The new Haiduk album Diabolica

16. Azyr demoniac

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)