GM Left 4 Dead Server

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Core, 13 Nov 2008.

1. GM Left 4 Dead Server

I've setup a L4D server for GM.

81.19.221.10:37015 GAMINGMASTERS.CO.UK * LEFT 4 DEAD

No password

How to connect:

2. eoN

Re: GM Left 4 Dead Server

[/quote:29ljoa1l]

Weird, does it not work just to type connect <ip>; password <pw> like in TF2?

Also doesn't L4D take up alot of CPU on the dedi? If so I really think we should fix the problems with the TF2 and ZP:S servers first (dont know if this has been fixed yet but it seems to lag alot.)

3. Re: GM Left 4 Dead Server

No (tested it just now, a box appears asking you to enter a password even if you type connect ip:password in the console).

and

yes, L4D uses more CPU than TF2 due to the AI of course.

4. eoN

Weird :S Hopefully they fix that before they release the full game.

So have the lag problems been fixed?

5. Re: GM Left 4 Dead Server

Ah, I spoke to dark about this last night, also there gonna be alot of servers, as 4 players per server :o
    and some server- 8 players(4 survivors and 4 zombies)

We might could bring down server 1 in tf2, hardly use. Server 2/3/4 stays.

I can imagine the cpu, if all tf2 servers are full plus ZP:S and L4D. :?

6. Re: GM Left 4 Dead Server

CPU isn't a problem - there is a plugin on TF2 that makes the server lag progressively get worse and CPU usage increase dramatically from 5-10% to 25-30%. Also on ZPS there is a map that makes the server again use progressively more CPU usage, and another map (or the same one?) that brings up a material error window on the dedi and crashes the server. I have yet to find out which map it is :(

But yeah I think we should stick with just 1-2 L4D servers and possibly keep them private for GM use only(?)

7. eoN

It would never fill... Either im under the wrong impression or only 1 GM member actually plays ZP:S... You? (darki)

And Spyko and Tom Hackers play but they are 'trusted community members' :S

Would it ever be used?

8. Re: GM Left 4 Dead Server

i have played yesterday L4D with 3 other GM's (i think it was YO, Not Uncle Dave and...Hera maybe?), so it might fill up

9. Re: GM Left 4 Dead Server

Blue plays it too, but that's pretty much it :(

We are still pretty much #1 for ZPS, which is good rep for the GM community :)

10. Re: GM Left 4 Dead Server

it would be filled, the game hasn't even come out yet! and nearly half of the clan members are play the demo.

11. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

im buying it hell yea

12. Re: GM Left 4 Dead Server

If someone makes me a gift named L4D I will play it:)

13. Re: GM Left 4 Dead Server

Server is now online connect 81.19.221.10:37015, no password.

You need to connect via console, via lobby (if someone on your friends list is already on the server) or via the server browser.

You can play campaign or versus mode on this server but this requires the appropriate map change.

14. Re: GM Left 4 Dead Server

I've set it to it'll appear under the steam group servers thingy for all members of the GM community group, and also so that only members of the community will be able to play :)

15. eoN

Yeah happens to me to, try waiting a wee while for it to refresh (look for the L4D sign on the top right once it disappears try again)

Also if the little wireless sign thingy is in gray you have to signal to it...

16. Re: GM Left 4 Dead Server

yea that happens after I tried to join the server, it got disconnected after 10 tries :cry:

17. Re: GM Left 4 Dead Server

just wondering... does this still exist? =P

18. Geit Coding wizard!

Nope.

19. Re: GM Left 4 Dead Server

oki doki was just wondering =) seems that L4D is being played more and more in GM so yea, just an idea

20. Geit Coding wizard!

L4D servers do nasty things to the CPU on any server(Very resource Intensive), that's the reason they are quite expensive from most hosting companies. I think we only had these L4D servers when we had the second dedi.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)