GM Modpack Ideas

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Mysteryem, 3 Sep 2015.

?

Do you want to see these mods in the pack? Pick yes/no or leave blank for "don't mind"

Poll closed 26 Nov 2015.
  1. (select this so I can easily tell how many people have voted)

87.5%
  2. Obsidiplates: Yes

37.5%
  3. Obsidiplates: No

25.0%
  4. Morph: Yes

50.0%
  5. Morph: No

37.5%
  6. Cyano's Lootable Bodies: Yes

62.5%
  7. Cyano's Lootable Bodies: No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Portal Gun: Yes

25.0%
  9. Portal Gun: No

37.5%
  10. Gravity Gun: Yes

37.5%
  11. Gravity Gun: No

25.0%
  12. Sync: Yes

50.0%
  13. Sync: No

12.5%
  14. Chromaticraft: Yes

25.0%
  15. Chromaticraft: No

25.0%
  16. Project E: Yes

25.0%
  17. Project E: No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Nether Ores: Yes

62.5%
  19. Nether Ores: No

25.0%
  20. Mo'Creatures: Yes

50.0%
  21. Mo'Creatures: No

25.0%
  22. AOBD: Berry Bushes: Yes

50.0%
  23. AOBD: Berry Bushes: No

25.0%
  24. Iron Backpacks: Yes

62.5%
  25. Iron Backpacks: No

12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

For our next venture into modded minecraft servers, I want to try and put together a modpack specifically for GM that will hopefully be well suited for everyone who might want to play on it. The main idea is to produce a modpack with a similar taste to the Direwolf20 and Infinity modpacks (so both tech and magic mods) but to also include a bunch of lesser known, or lesser used mods (like you might find in FTB Horizons) chosen by you, the people who might play on a server running this modpack.

The sorts of mods I'm thinking about would include Dimensional Doors (@HellJack) , Advanced Genetics (@Mysteryem), Ars Magica 2 (@Hooch) or Tropicraft (@Queenie), generally, mods which aren't in the FTB Infinity pack. I want to try and include one (or more if the mods don't add much content) mods per potential player, so long as the mods you choose do not force mechanics on other players that don't want to take part in them (e.g., Iguana Tweak's progression system that prevents you from crafting vanilla pickaxes). The only other criteria are that the mods are for the 1.7.10 version of minecraft and (obviously) don't crash the server often if ever.

I will try and guarantee at least one mod (or multiple small mods) per player (yes @Vio you can have Dartcraft if you really want it, assuming 1.7.10 versions are out by the time this comes around). Anything more will be extra and I won't put as much work in trying to get the mod to work with the pack if it's unstable or has other unintended side effects.

I want to throw in a ton of cosmetic/aesthetic mods such as Chisel2, Ztones, Hats and Carpenter's Blocks, so if you find some mods that add some cool cosmetic stuff that we've not come across before or may have forgotten about, let me know (please don't suggest these sorts of mods .

The rest of the mods included in the pack we will decide closer to the time, these will be the standard tech/magic mods such as Thaumcraft and Thermal Expansion/Foundation. I'll probably produce a list of mods that I would plan on including and from there, we can remove or add 'standard' mods as necessary.

The other main topic is about balance, as often, two mods, each on their own can be fine, but bringing them together can cause massive changes to the game due to how the features of one interact with the features of the other. We need to decide together, whether or not we're going to try and balance out the mods and to what extent, it'll also give me an idea as to the amount of work and testing that will need to be done so that I can plan ahead. The balancing will be done through config changes and recipe changes.

Noting the balancing in TPPI/TPPI2, I always felt that while it did a good job to bring the various 'tech' mods in line with one another (maybe with the exception of Big Reactors and Ender IO) it left other mods such as Mystcraft and ComputerCraft almost untouched (both of which are very powerful while also really cheap). If I'm going to be balancing things, I want to bring these in line as well.

2. Needs more pixelmon.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

Well, it is out for 1.7.10, it's just whether or not the UI won't be in the way and whether or not people can put up with having pokemon all over the place, that's all I can remember that would affect people that want no part in the mod. So on that basis, it could be possible, but I feel like people might not want to put up with pokemon everywhere.

4. As people know I'll literally play anything :v I just like to build stuffs! Looking forward to the next foray into the minecraft worlds!

5. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

All the sounds drove me more insane. :s

Also decocraft? No idea if it would work.

6. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

7. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

I would love more decorations, but I would rather not have Pokemon running about.

No offense, Luna. It's just that not everyone is a fan of the series.

8. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

as long as it has ars magica i'm happy.

9. LewyJudge12 I hate 90% of you

Can I have the one where you go to space and live on the moon and other planets and shit

10. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Whoa. What one is THAT?

11. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Isnt that what Joel played at some point?

12. LewyJudge12 I hate 90% of you

i cant remember what its called but you can build rockets and go to the moon and make bases and shit, it's cool as shit

13. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

Last edited: 4 Sep 2015
  14. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

What are peoples' opinions on Project Zulu and Mo'Creatures (Ogres would be prevent from breaking blocks, or if that's not possible, removed entirely)? It's probably possible to prevent specific mobs from spawning if we don't want them.

As far as I know, you can also build space stations in space with galacticraft.

15. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

I'm down with Project Zulu. If I recall, it added a bunch of really great plants and biomes as well as more creatures.

16. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Im fine with any mod that adds mobs/animals etc but not so that you hear nothing else over the loud roars, squeels and other horrid sounds. Im always in for more biomes like biomes o plenty.

Edit 1
    Also, I would not be too sad if you did not do Tropicraft. Ive been looking at the wiki and so far it seems not much has changed since I played it on Harveys server?

Edit 2
    Ill just list the things I would like and we will see what is possible.
    Biomes O Plenty
    Botania
    Natura
    Journeymap (best ever)
    Dunno if AE2 is possible, or did you list that?
    Ender IO
    Decocraft (pls no crash)
    Bloodmagic? Dunno
    Witchery
    Treecapitator ;)
    Mutant creatue mod?

Last edited: 4 Sep 2015
  17. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

It's quite a horrible mess, but this is an in-progress graph. Dashed lines indicate mod interactions, full lines indicate either a required other mod or what I classified the mod as. Just note that these are all suggestions and they can be changed. There are likely mods I've forgotten about and likely mods that I don't know about which you think might be a good fit. I know for a fact that I've not got all of the core mod requirements sorted yet, but they're just there to help me.

I'm working on a google docs spreadsheet too to record mod stability, download links and record most of the graph in a textual format as well as including who has requested what mod.
    Currently, the requested mods are:
    Helljack: Dimensional Doors
    Me: Advanced Genetics, Logistics Pipes (buildcraft indirectly) and whatever the best in-game radio mod that I can find is
    Hooch: Ars Magica 2
    Lewy: Galacticraft

18. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Could you add Project Zulu to my requests?

19. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

20. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Some more:

Iron Backpacks
    Jaffas and More
    Battletowers
    Pandora’s Box
    Fossils and Archeology Revival
    Elemental Caves

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)