GM Secret Santa as Totally Organized by Gaw

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Infernal Dragon, 20 Oct 2013.

?

Will you participate in this?

1. Yes! I'm in!

22 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. I'm Rioter, I don't believe in santa

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infernal Dragon I love people very much.. with ketchup

Since we have people from different countries, I think this event will be very interesting for us! \o/
    For anybody who don't know, this works like this:
    1. You give your adress to organizator
    2. You get randomly somebody's adress
    3. You send gift on this adress (if you don't - you're an asshole)
    4. You get gift from somebody
    5. Merry Christmas!

I'll be pretty ok to organize it myself. But I would like to know how many people would like to participate in this

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. My dad was already pretty suspicious about Rioter getting me something. They may think I belong to someone.

What about just games on steam? Packages to peoples adress'.. I dunno seems a bit iffy. I don't want to give my adress to arrk for example :P

Edit: He'd probably just send me a piece of paper saying toxic on it anyway.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

Could be ok for like UK/Western Europe, but would shipping costs not get pretty big to more far flung locations?

E: Also this idea is cute as fuck

4. Infernal Dragon I love people very much.. with ketchup

Arrk wouldn't know that this is you :P

Steam gifts are much less interesting and not that exciting ):

5. Mr.Bam Praise the sun!

Stroopwafels for everyone!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Infernal Dragon I love people very much.. with ketchup

Ugh, I don't know. Depends on service I guess. But I don't think that prices will be big as fuck.

7. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

Well if I pull Jack out of the hat and I decide to make him an actual ban hammer, it could be many dolla bills. Suppose it depends on what you decide to get.

8. Yeah this is gonna be bretty funny. I participated in some reddit secret santa's but this will be more fun since we kinda know each other.

9. Infernal Dragon I love people very much.. with ketchup

You can gift him the inflatable one.
    But if this is realy a big problem, I can just give you adress that isn't very far away from you

10. spidEY シスコン

The person whose address I get is going to be one lucky bastard. I'm in! :dance:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Will kirino be involved?

12. Gaw discord is my friend now

I can see this working and being fun, under a few conditions:
    • There are lots of participants. While it would work with a low number, the result would likely be boring. 10+ people would be great.
    • The organization is excellent. If the secret santa senders are leaked, it could result in people asking for stuff which would ruin the spirit of it.
    • A spending limit is set and adhered to. It would suck if someone got a packet of mints, while someone else got some sweet loot.
    I'm definitely in, if those conditions are met.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Infernal Dragon I love people very much.. with ketchup

• well for now seems like there will be 10+ participants \o/
    • Yeah, nobody know who's his santa. But Santa knows who is his gm :>
    • Well, I don't know how to avoid this. I think it should be just on Santa's conscience. I just can't say in rules "Send PS4 to everyone or go away"

14. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

totally agree there has to be a min spend which will be hard with all the different currencies
    and items which need shipping.. dont know how that will work tbh

I'm Rioter, I don't believe in santa i laughed alot and was tempted to pick for lols

15. Gaw discord is my friend now

That's not what I said at all.. Spending limits are extremely common with secret santas. I've actually never seen a secret santa without a spending limit. Usually just a maximum amount is set, and participants are expected to send something around the price of the maximum limit. I think that limit would have to be low in this case, as I can see international shipping costing a lot to some people.

16. Infernal Dragon I love people very much.. with ketchup

Well I think that people just have to feel free about what they spend =\

17. Gaw discord is my friend now

We can do a poll closer to the date, allowing people to select the limit (or no limit) :)

We could also allow people to buy steam games if international shipping is too expensive for them. It would be wise to pair any participants who are doing that together though, to minimize any disappointment.

18. Infernal Dragon I love people very much.. with ketchup

Well then we have to do it faster because I thought to start event at the middle of November, because for me for example packages shipping from 1 to 2 months ._.

19. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

About spending limits, I don't know how big of an issue it will be, but average prices and cost of living and such should probably be kept in mind as well (i.e. someone from western Europe going to eastern Europe will find prices to be cheap, but if the same person would go to Scandinavia he or she would find prices to be expensive). Although I doubt it's a major issue.

20. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

Yes, this is Rioter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. organize secret santa work