GTA: V

Discussion in 'Other Games and MMORPGs' started by Deleted member 2669, 6 May 2013.

1. Source: http://www.gamersbook.com/scene/news/grand-theft-auto-v-will-be-epic/

A lot of new details unveiled!

[​IMG]

Although it is still in a development phase, some video game journalists already had a chance to try out Grand Theft Auto V, and according to them, Rockstar Games once more managed to create a masterpiece that will shock gaming communities all over the world.

Biggest open world ever created, playable underwater areas, day/night cycles and weather system, plenty of side missions to enjoy, three playable characters that can be level uped and have special abilities (Michael has bullet time mode, Trevor does double damage, Franklin can drive cars in slow-mo), customizable cars, epic heist missions, weapons that can be customized with silencers, scopes, lasers sights etc, are just some of the mentioned features that describe Grand Theft Auto V so in case you are interested to learn more, check out CVG's, IGN's, The Guardian's and NowGamer's preview of game's demo.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  2. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Gaw discord is my friend now

If you're just copying other sites word for word, there's no point. You should be slightly referencing main posts and including your opinions on the matters imo, along with a link to view more.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  4. I just copy the articles over for convenience and for the sake of discussing it on our forums.
    Hence why I didn't really put the source.

My own opinion I could add sure.

5. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

I find a purely informative OP (including source) with the opinions and discussions in subsequent posts is better than mixing it all in one.

6. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

I wouldn't mind all this so much if you weren't going around calling yourself the "GM Journalist", when all you're doing is ctrl + ving an article.

What you're doing is a nice little addition to the forums, but trying to make out it's some great effort is rubbing a lot of us up the wrong way. You get people like Vhex, who post news which is worded by himself with his own opinion and you can actually tell he's passionate about what he's posting, while all you're doing is literally copying an entire article and making out this is some noble effort on your part.

It's nice you want to be seen contributing to the site, but making out you're doing some sort of sacrificial act for the site is nauseating to have to watch.

edit - on a personal note, from the perspective of someone who is really interested in becoming a journalist, it's hard to stomach the fact that journalism now means copying entirely what someone else wrote (that's certainly not being limited to this site, twitter etc)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  7. The title thing was a joke...if it hurts you that much, I'll remove it :/

Where did I give the impression that I am "trying to make out it's some great effort"?
    And noble effort? I am just posting articles I find to create some discussions and stuff on a forum, where you usually discuss things.

I have a hard time comprehending how you can put so much...harm? Into what I am doing here. I am really not out to rub anyone the wrong way, and I am certainly not trying to give the impression that this requires effort on my end.

8. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

haha it was actually predicted in mumble you'd make a post in that exact style

9. What is your point with that exactly..?
    I am just puzzled as to why you (or others for that matter) get upset about me copying over articles for discussion on our forums.
    I don't really try to undermine people like Vexd.

10. Everything Vipar has contributed has fully justified my decision not to add some gaming news RSS feeds, as it's much higher quality.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  11. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

I can't really see how that works when it seems to be the exact same content (i have no idea how RSS feeds work haha), and I'm not arguing there's not any benefits.

I quite like how general threads are being made and people are talking about games. But the fact that they're just ctrl + v articles ranging from new game announcements to small updates, with no personalization or changes from what the actual author wrote, is a little shit to be honest.

It's not that hard to write your own piece or collect the content of several articles instead of just one article, quoted word-by-word. I mean, I just learnt a moment ago that's not even allowed on forums like Facepunch etc. It's poor quality to literally just steal someone else's work like that and not even put your own contribution into the article other than the press of three keys.

Adding to that, acting that copy articles with little effort makes you a journalist just takes the cake personally for me. Being a journalist has been my dream career for quite awhile so i know how hard it is to actually break into it as a career and just how much effort it takes for literally no pay, and although i'm not upset about this i know i feel like quite a few others do with this whole annoying "hey guys i'm c-o-n-t-r-i-b-u-t-i-n-g, keep this in mind for my clan vote~ :)" act.

i made a new years resolution to be less blunt inregards to gm haha

12. The alternative is the same as the L4D or TF2 news bots, except with all the content coming from a gaming news site. aka a clusterfuck of terrible quality content

13. Kiethy Fluffy..

Can i just get some sanity back into this thread and say i really can't wait for GTA 5, i hope they release it on current gen and next gen consoles so i dont have to fork out for a ps4. I do like that Watchdogs will be on ps3 though. Saves me quite alot of dough!

14. I think you should take it to a PM I think it's getting out of hand..

15. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

wat

why is there always one guy saying this in the background nowadays

as far as i know it's coming to this gen. also, thank god for announced pc release. maybe gta5 will feel the void in mine and spud's heart which the lack of a pc release of rdr left ;_;

16. Not really sure what you mean with this. Please elaborate.

I never took credit for any of the articles that I copied over, and this is not Facepunch :/
    Besides, it's just to create discussion. Nothing else. The forums don't have much activity lately, so might as well.

I wasn't the one who gave me the title in the first place. Nlspeed and I think God (?) called me that on Skype. It was just a joke. Nothing personal against you or anyone else who wishes to become or is a journalist.

And what about this isn't contribution exactly? I bring articles to the forums, and it creates discussion either here or on mumble. Mission accomplished.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  17. I just don't think your personal vendetta toward Vipar should be public is all. If you have a problem with something you should message them, not make it public.

• Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Douglas Douglas x 2
    • List
  18. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

To get this even furthur back on topic, can we all agree that ex-mafia midlife crises tony soprano clone guy had the best trailer

queen da bess

19. mrljbk Osu Wizard

Man up casey

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

• Like Like x 6
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  21. Fuck, I want that game

22. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

And people compared the SR series to GTA's .

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  23. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

They are taking the open world crime game in complete opposite directions, they are incomparable.
    To comment on the gameplay video, looks fantastic and a lot of things to make time pass, slick animations and all. But when you step within 10m of a building, they look dreadful.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  24. Cactus The key is to never give up

Holy shit that looks good!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gta v epic pics

2. gta v epic

3. gta v