Halloween Week

Discussion in 'Events' started by Jolly Long Arm, 28 Aug 2014.

1. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

[​IMG]

From the 27th October - 2nd November is Half-Term (kids are off school)
    and is also halloween on the Friday 31st.

What events do you guys want to do:
    Slender?
    tf2 update?
    random scary game streams?

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  2. Halmoos The unseen doge, is the deadliest.

We don't celebrate it here

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

awh still join in :) if you can after college/uni

4. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Id still like a MC related fun map. Savage and I did work on it last year.

5. Gaw discord is my friend now

Yeah I'll do a Slender event for it

6. Lewys face on Tinychat.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • List
  7. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

rekt

8. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

• warning!
    Haha cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

lewis pls u r 2spooky

10. 2spooky5me (literally)

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

That should have a warning, not a spoiler.

12. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

13. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

14. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Can we test them? :D

15. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

Still need to decide on possible maps from the ones Queen listed, however, a separate idea of my own:

A 'hardcore' (spectator mode on death [command blocks]) survival server with a custom resource pack (very slight changes to http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/the-asphyxious-custompack-16x16/)
    If we do go through with this you may want to briefly look at the linked pack to get a feel for the sounds and textures.

The goal is to get as many points as possible from completing challenges
    I would need to write these, but I'm thinking of including the vanilla achievements
    For custom challenges they would either be something that can be shown at the end or on death, or something to screenshot with f2 for proof
    Different achievements would be worth a different number of predetermined points
    I want everyone to know what all the achievements are beforehand so people can plan accordingly (I want to play too)

The game is over after a set amount of time or until everyone is dead. (I don't want it to last too long so that everyone can have a similar maximum play time; I need to look into recording play time with command blocks)

The main rule that I want to focus on is a ban on placing torches (jack-o-lanterns, redstone torches and all other light sources are fine) (I'll see about setting up a command block to delete torches from all player inventories).
    This is the aspect designed to make it a challenge, therefore I think it should be ok to run the server on easy difficulty (I also don't want to force people to gather food/crops before they can get properly get going).

The game will be intended to be played on 'moody' brightness, though I think it's reasonable to allow some adjustment to this as we each have different monitors/eyesight. Just be reasonable, this setting is intended to add to the feel of the experience, not drastically increase difficulty, if you're having difficulty because you can't see things, turn the brightness up.

I've been thinking about using custom terrain generation, but it might be too different and detract from the overall experience.

I'm undecided on PvP/stealing from others, but I don't really want to see co-operation unless everyone is put into teams of the same size, so as to make it fair.
    PvP would be more reasonable if all the players are present at the start, spread out over a reasonably large area (using the spreadplayers command) and most of the players play on the server simultaneously.

The main difficult aspect for me is to decide how long the time limit should be, such that it's short enough to be reasonably fair to everyone, but long enough to get a good chunk of challenges completed.
    If the time limit is short enough, we could even do multiple runs (if people feel up for another once the time comes).

Other possible options to think about:
    Permanent night time
    Starter kit of items to speed up the very beginning (I'm thinking a set of wood tools, maybe a single jack-o-lantern and possibly a couple of bits of food)
    Whatever else you can think of

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

17. Sir Rahka ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

As to you lads who play Payday 2, I am more than certain that Overkill will add the Halloween safehouse heist back once again. So if you are still missing the baby masks and some of the Halloween achievements, I would be more than delighted to help you in getting them.

18. Sir Rahka ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Das date is here mentelgen.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)