Hearthstone Tourney Round 2

Discussion in 'Events' started by Mole45, 2 Apr 2015.

1. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

That's right ladies and gentlemen, it's a holiday again which means it's time for another hearthstone tournament.

Signups:
    Post below if you would like to join this tournament with your Battle.Net ID and Challonge username (if applicable)
    Signups will close on Midday (BST) Monday 6th, so if you know someone who would like to join but doesn't regularly check the forums, be sure to let them know.

Rules and Regulations:
    Much like last time, this tournament will be in a double elimination format
    Players will be seeded based on the results of the previous tournament, with players who did not partake in the previous tournament being given the lowest seeds
    Each player will draft 4 decks, each deck must be a different class
    Decks cannot be altered during the tournament
    Each match will be a best of 5
    In each match, players are given one ban, this can be used at any point between games to ban a opposing deck
    In each match, you can choose to play a game with any of your undefeated or unbanned decks. You do not have to use the same deck in each game if you don't want to.
    All matches in each round should be played as soon as possible, with a time limit of six days from when the match becomes available. If one party cannot play within that time, he/she must forfeit the match. If both parties cannot play within that time, an extension may be granted

FAQ: (I lie, these aren't frequently asked, in fact nobody has asked any of these questions, but I couldn't think of a better title for this section so here we go)
    Q: What card sets are available in this tournament?
    A: Basic, Classic, Reward, Naxxramus, Goblins vs Gnomes.

Q: What's the prize?
    A: Satisfaction of being known as the best hearthstone player in the GM community*. AND A BADGE ON THE FORUM OH BABY

Q: Can I play even though I only have the basic decks and don't know anything about this game?
    A: Sure, the more the merrier. This tournament is intended to be for fun and this is the main reason for there being no cash prize at the end of it, there's nothing at stake here except pride so join in and try your best (even if you get matched up with meh and get sweeped 3-0, you still learned something and can improve from there).

Q: I did shite in the last tournament, why should I bother with this one?
    A: See previous answer

Q: Can we ban certain cards from decks?
    A: No

Q: Can you feel the love tonight?
    A: That's very forward of you, at least buy me a drink first

Q: We're playing our match when nobody else is online, what should we do regarding recording our results?
    A: Well, the best thing to do is use the following template which I adapted from MC's post in the last thread, and post your results in this thread. I can then use that to update the challonge page when I return to my computer.

If you have any questions or complaints, please post below. Otherwise I wish you all the best of luck and hope that this tournament goes as well as, if not better than, the last one.

*Title of best player not entirely applicable if MC does not join this tournament. Title of best player is not redeemable and has no cash value.

Last edited: 7 Apr 2015
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. vand2 Just a generic loveable guy

I'm in! vand2#2260

3. Mystia the Schnitzel Delivery Guy

Mystia#2483
    But yeah I'm in with my super fun decks

Last edited: 3 Apr 2015
  4. Gaw discord is my friend now

I don't play Hearthstone so won't be entering, but I will award an icon to the winner!

THE STAKES HAVE NEVER BEEN HIGHER

5. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

6. Cactus The key is to never give up

im in can't wait cos i use trump's basic decks and the lowest rank ive ever been is 15.

get ready for me to rekt you (although I'm gonna get loads of new cards).

7. Mystia the Schnitzel Delivery Guy

Someone maybe shoutcast/stream the matches? would be fun

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

Everyone online just spectates and talk about the match as it happens in a different mumble room. I would gladly do some commentary on the matches but I get the feeling the majority would prefer the former style of just chatting in a different mumble room to the players.

- - -

I was planning on not signing on, but since interest looks low i'll put my name down if it helps make up the numbers to make this happen

9. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

Jorra#2726, let's do this stuntlads

10. lewyjudge12#2119
    cunts

11. SenorMeh#2619
    Guess I'll join

12. Jindo Just Look at the Parking Lot, Larry.

Still not sure if I'll have time but yolo

Jindo#2479 if I'm not too late.

Also Lewy I expect you to enter (and win aggressively) with Innkeeper decks.

Last edited: 5 Apr 2015
  13. Cactus The key is to never give up

forgot to post my name Cactus#2928

also someone explain the template thing again cos I don't understand it.

14. vand2 Just a generic loveable guy

Well, the best thing to do is use the following template which I adapted from MC's post in the last thread, and post your results in this thread. I can then use that to update the challonge page when I return to my computer.

15. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

So if you and Cactus were to play, you'd post something like this:

Bracket
    Match A
    Cactus 2-3 Vand2

Decks (bans in red)
    Cactus:
    Hunter / Mage (2) / Shaman / Warlock
    Vand2: Warrior / Priest (0) / Paladin / Druid

Game 1:
    Mage (Cactus
    ) - Druid (Vand2)

Game 2:
    Mage (Cactus)
    - Paladin (Vand2)

Game 3:
    Hunter (Cactus) - Warrior (Vand2)

Game 4:
    Shaman (Cactus) - Warrior (Vand2)

Game 5:
    Warlock (Cactus) - Warrior (Vand2)

So, you and cactus are going to play in match A, ie, the first match on the ladder, So you replace the X in the first line with the letter of the match you're going to play
    Neither of you played in the previous challenge so there are no previous matches to show, so that section has been removed.
    Cactus then decides he really hates priest and can't be dealing with their bullshit so he bans Vand's priest deck before the first game starts, this is indicated with the red highlight and the number 0 in the brackets
    The first two games are played and cactus is stomping with his amazing mill mage deck that he created while high the night before the tournament. These two wins are indicated by the bolding of Cactus' name and deck under the game 1 and game 2 headings
    Vand decides enough is enough and elects to ban Cactus' mage deck after game 2, denoted in the Decks section by the red highlight and the number 2 in the brackets
    Vand then goes on to ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GO FACE ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ and crushes cactus with a warrior deck in the remaining three games, leaving cactus greatly irate at the fact he wasted his ban so early on the priest deck
    Final score is 3-2

If worst comes to worst and you can't for the life of you figure out what the fuck I have created in this template, just send me a PM or something with the final result, who won which games with which decks and what/when decks were banned and I'll type it up later.

Last edited: 7 Apr 2015
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Jindo Just Look at the Parking Lot, Larry.

So you can choose when to ban a deck (if at all), like the coup setup in previous Pinnacle tournaments?

17. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

Yep - Just decided to use the word ban instead of coup because it's a bit more clear what it does

18. Jindo Just Look at the Parking Lot, Larry.

Yeah no worries, I prefer ban too! Just using it as a comparison.

19. Cactus The key is to never give up

Ok i got it all now thank you

20. I'm late sorry, pls let me join.

Boxsloth#2212

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)