Hide n Seek server CSS [+ TF2 PropHunt discussion]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bulletproof, 21 Jul 2009.

1. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Re: Hide n Seek server CSS

Nah, it cant be that weird like some Mod crap i once beta-tested for a Half-Life2 mod .... self designed new modells with semi-professional face animations .... but buggy as hell, some wrong chosen parameters, and it ended up in unhealthy-fucked-up face expressions too many times, i just laughed my ass of, seeing enemys with their (morphing) mouths at the back of their head, and out-of-phase glitching eyes, that were able to teleport arround the head ..... epic.

You really need some sort of holly-grail-of-a-bug to really shock me xD

And with the collision-boxes ..... i dont know, how they made it, but shouldnt there be a parameter, when-to-use the collision-box ?! I mean .... cant you just use the code of the other team for it ?! You are able to pass through your own teammates, and cant jump at them or so ...... is it possible to copy that part out of blu-into the red ones ?!

-> Copy&Paste ftw !!

2. Re: Hide n Seek server CSS

I'm currently working on rerouting damage from the prop_dynamic which follows the player to the player itself, while making the player invincible to bullets and melee :)

And by collision boxes being wrong, I mean you won't be able to sneak into small gaps - you will still hit walls as if you're controlling the full player model. Not necessarily a bad thing though :P

3. Re: Hide n Seek server CSS

Rerouting damage failed epicly (looks like prop_dynamics have to be solid before they can take damage D: ), but I'm still pretty much done, apart from a few fucked up events.

I'll put it up on #6 tomorrow :)

4. Re: Hide n Seek server CSS

Yay, I finally got the control point disabled and both the spawn points free of those barrier things without touching the map :D

5. Re: Hide n Seek server CSS

It's now up on server 5 :D

And wow, only 590 lines - I was expecting to have to write way more :P

Also I've playtested with 4 people - it's completely stable and the gameplay works really well imo :D

6. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

lol this sounds epic, loved it in DoD, so I think I'll love it in tf2 as well :D

7. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

btw, in some surf servers in tf2 I've been in there was a command like "noblock 1" or something, which causes people to be able to run through enemies, which imo is quite usefull in this mod

8. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

The guy that never sleeps ......

But awesome job there (i think ^^), ill test it out this night, after i came back from a little barbecue session with some friends this evening ...... i will be influenced by a few beers i think, but i think it will just make even more fun that way ;)

9. Re: Hide n Seek server CSS

The models have to be non-solid though (they are continually placed inside the player model), and with a non-solid player too it's just too suspicious :P

10. Re: Hide n Seek server CSS

Well the general opinion seems to be that it sucks, or that prophunt should stay in GMod.

That's the last time I'm making a plugin.

11. Re: Hide n Seek server CSS

Only Gm members will enter this, NO one reads the server info

The only way to make your mods known.. is to change the gamename like "TeamFotress 2" or something, just like TFtrue

And you made it on no time, its not perfect yet.. but a solid start. improve it, seemed fun.

12. Re: Hide n Seek server CSS

I have no idea how to do that though :P

EDIT: Nvm, done :)

13. Re: Hide n Seek server CSS

I'm currently working on code which will put any map into arena mode, allowing much nicer maps to be used :D (Dustbowl, Hydro, Steel?, etc.)

I'm pretty sure the map was what made it suck so much. Arena maps are all just meh

14. Re: Hide n Seek server CSS

OK scratch that, it needs a very complicated extension.

I'll find some other nice arena maps and possibly port dustbowl etc. :D

15. shadiku nyoro~n

Re: Hide n Seek server CSS [+ TF2 PropHunt discussion]

-snip-

16. Re: Hide n Seek server CSS [+ TF2 PropHunt discussion]

I was in a bad mood when I posted that :P

I'm definitely keeping going with development on prophunt :D

17. Longbow Victorique <3

And so you should. It has potential if you get it working properly.

[​IMG]

I only heard 2 people say they didn't like it :<

18. SnuggleMuffin SnuggleMuffin

yea buratinho didnt like it big suprise >.>

19. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Lulz xD

20. Re: Hide n Seek server CSS [+ TF2 PropHunt discussion]

Added support (including map-specific models) for 3 new maps:

- arena_wildwest_b1 (bit small but looks fun)
    - arena_desolation_pb1 (looks epic)
    - arena_cow :D

Also:

- Changed back to Engi
    - Fixed a few minor bugs
    - Lowered hiding time slightly

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. server TF2 sneek and hide

2. hide n seek tf 2

3. hide n sneek server

4. darkimmortal prophunt servers