Highlander pcw with FB, Saturday the 21st, 1930 gmt

Discussion in 'Events' started by Th-, 20 Feb 2009.

1. Th-

Highlander pcw with FB, Saturday the 21st, 1930 gmt

Genesis will likely not be there since he will return late in the evening from his trip. Our Round 1 match is next Friday, so our chances to train for it are limited. I have asked Waebi from nervous to sub for us if needed, so he will probably be joining us tomorrow and maybe even on the actual event. Genesis, Pissmidget, Anathema and Bennett should play mixes with Waebi before next Friday, so have a word with him when you are online.

-
    -Genesis
    -Bun

-Th
    -Bennett
    -

-Pissmidget
    -Tom
    -Overdrive

Reserve:
    -Wooo
    -Sandy
    -

Consider this as a sort of special practice session before the match... We will be wearing unified tags, (GM. | Name) and using the avatars posted before. In the match against the Fragmasters one of our most fatal flaws was the insufficient cohesion of squads, so now concentrate on working together as a group. A few major changes in communication: when a team member is given an order, it must be confirmed with "copy", "copy that", "affirmative", "confirmed", "roger", "aye aye", "aye captain", "sir", "yes sir".

The response must be quick and certain (as in sound like you've got a pair!). Before the match the current captain will call a "Presence check!", then say the names of each team member who will respond immediately "present", "I'm here", "yes", "aye" etc. There cannot be any problems with basic communication and basic discipline, squads must hold.

We will also be using Mumble instead of Ventrilo, so be sure to ask someone help with setting it up.

2. Re: Highlander pcw with FB, Saturday the 21st, 1930 gmt

W00t, I can make this one!

Engi please :D

-Wooo

3. Geit Coding wizard!

Re: Highlander pcw with FB, Saturday the 21st, 1930 gmt

I'll play medic if you want me :)

4. Re: Highlander pcw with FB, Saturday the 21st, 1930 gmt

As this is warm up for our finest moment (whooping a Div-1 highlander team) priority will be given to those in the Highlander squad, others will be put in as subs :)

Btw - In.

5. Re: Highlander pcw with FB, Saturday the 21st, 1930 gmt

i can

6. Re: Highlander pcw with FB, Saturday the 21st, 1930 gmt

In

7. Re: Highlander pcw with FB, Saturday the 21st, 1930 gmt

Well FB couldn't make it in the end so we got lucky and found another enemy from Tf.wars - The Conquerors, a div4 ETF2L clan. We played one map (Badwater) where we were not conquered....seriously..... they captured 3 points and then we held them at the final corner and on our attack we won in about 4 minutes. A good game - all classes worked well together and communication was clear and to the point, apart from occasional advice in another language from Garion's girlfriend.

8. Re: Highlander pcw with FB, Saturday the 21st, 1930 gmt

Pissmidget has a point here :) dont know how it happened, but i set up Mumble to be press-based, but it seems he didnt save it so it was still voice-based, you should have told me earlier, "shut up" is not very describing :P

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. highlander pcw