How about a Fast-Respawn server ?!

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Obaruler, 18 Sep 2009.

1. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

How about a Fast-Respawn server ?!

Well, in the alst time, i am more and more playing on the Badlands fastrespawn server of Saints.de, its really spammy, and sometimes you need ~15min to break a sentry bunker, but its epic fun, AND the server is 24/4 FILLED with players!

The only bad thing they have there .... "legal, payed cheating", called "premium", giving you reserved slots + "cheats" (Engis that can airjump, are faster, have endless metal, build teles with 5,000HP [or so ..], are able to build 5 Sentrys on their own ...... or faster pyros, with a nonstop-fiering flare gun ..... haxxx, lame, stupid, but again: full servers .... well, they say they have to do this to afford the server (again: A big thank you to Darki and the others!) :/

Tonks know the server, and allthough there are people "cheating" (they still suck, 4,53 K/D ratio ^^) its a hell lot of fun to insta-spawn, because you can fight in very stressy, fast combat situations .... so: How about just testing this out ?! Maybee with a little class limitations at the Engis, so you wont see too much bunkering ...

2. Gaw discord is my friend now

Re: How about a Fast-Respawn server ?!

As I discovered last night after playing on the server for like 3 hours, 70% on those servers are bots that just repeat the same thing over and over again.. Man, I feel like an idiot.. But even more so, I despise their servers now..

3. Geit Coding wizard!

Sagins almost never has 32 real players on it, it sucks

4. Fromage "The Cheese"

It's called saigns.de and I truely hate their servers. Not just because of the fast respawn but all the junk plugins they run (they even have another running speed and shit on it..) But when it comes to fast respawn that's plain fail. Used to play a lot on GTFO's servers and then fast respawn was the only thing I ever played and it was really fun. But then I tried some non-fast respawn ones and noticed that it's so much faster, but why?

1. Fast respawn calls for a death match game and not a teamwork based one.
    2. Defenders spawn equally fast as the attackers which makes it impossible to win without a stacked team (hell, been playing DB stage 1 for like 10 times in a row on GTFO)
    3. Reaching stage 3 on any server is really hard on payload/defend maps.

The only case that it works is somewhat on symmetrical maps like granary, badlands etc but still it often calls for a tie or superlong games. If you want to play fast respawn I'd really recommend the GTFO ones ,they are good people and have good servers, but please keep GM clean from that.

Erik

5. Poxie Ray-Banned

I now hate insta spawn servers. They are stupid spam fests with more engies than your average spambowl session.

6. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Saigns.de, buy our premium, BECOME UNKILLABLE.

7. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Well, "skilled" Scouts like we have here might become unkillable .... but the premium nubz running arround there can be easily killed ;)

8. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

I love insta-spawn servers.

9. Knud Phat beats only

Maybe fun for a night?

10. Re: How about a Fast-Respawn server ?!

ze bots <3 fast spawns, eh?

and no to instant I mean Fast re-spawn.

we need to aim more to keep the server as original settings, and means no bloody crits too :evil:

11. Geit Coding wizard!

Crits are an original setting, don't think otherwise, or suggest otherwise. :P

And yes, the [GM] Servers are all fast respawn - by valve definition.

12. Re: How about a Fast-Respawn server ?!

I would do anything for an instant respawn 24/7 ctf_haarp server with 24 slots or less.

13. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Haarp's nice, but I think instant respawn will kill it's gameplay.

14. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

Fast john hates fast respawns? =O
    Slow John hates slow respawns? When will it end!?

15. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

haha lol

16. Re: How about a Fast-Respawn server ?!

:awesome:

17. Dragonine OMG it's eating the moon!

I sooo agree with Fromage!

I used to only play on UKCS and GTFO servers before I first noticed GM.
    Ever since I mainly play on GM, since I got to hate the fast respawn.
    I call it instant-bullshit xD

Just like Fromage says, teamwork is hard to find and both teams spawn equally fast, so
    its really hard to get play all 3 stages...

If you ask me this wouldnt fit with the rest of the GM servers.
    Although maybe Oba has some good ideas to solve these problems, then I'd be happy to
    play in em, who knows it might be great?!
    Perhaps you can set the respawn in this server to a mere few seconds instead of instant-respawn?
    And with the red team always spawning a second or 3 later than the blue team.

18. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

3 words:
    Epic Fucking Fail.

19. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

2 words:

No u.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. UKCS GTFO

2. failove za respawn servers