How to make a PropHunt Map.

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by Geit, 24 Aug 2009.

1. We appear to have lost the file - hopefully Goat will have a copy >.>

Also yeah figured I might as well have some fun last time I compiled nginx :P

2. Neroxen Shadow Spy Not Here.

Can Someone Make A Video Tutorial? That Woud Be Awesome

3. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

off topic but some found this by typing in this : prop_hunt уÑтановка
    D:

4. Geit Coding wizard!

^ Probably lack of proper character support for whatever language they searched in

5. Anyone here know how to make a fire effect since the darned update? Its not working atm -.-
    while we are at it i need a smoke stack aswell, but as far as i know of its done the same way with a different "partical" effect right?

Nm got it sorted

6. OK, so for using "1" for all the doors to open at the beginning of the round (in the map config): Does this mean they are automatically disabled until then? Or does it just mean that after the round starts no func_doors can be closed again?

The reason I ask is because I have some doors I want to open and close while walking through their doorway, but I don't want them to be disabled for the hiders before the round begins.

7. It just fires the Open (or w/e) input on every func_door on the map when the round starts. If you want to control doors yourself, use the relay system instead and handle it manually.

8. Geit Coding wizard!

It does not disable doors, it simply fires Open at all doors on round start, so Trigger doors will work fine.

:ninja:

9. Ok a few questions here, since I might want to use this on my map.
    Anyways.
    Is it possible to make/get a trigger every time a red or blue player dies
    and it is possible to get a trigger for when the red or blue team wins?

My idea here is to have 2 giant robots fight each other in the sky box, they shot lasers at each other depending if a red or blue player dies, and when a game is won
    by the red the blue robot blows up and when the blue wins the red robot blows up. (this is for my Farm fued alien invasion map btw)
    Basically I just need to know if i can get the triggers for it. Then ill try it if possible.

10. Geit Coding wizard!

>>My idea here is to have 2 giant robots fight each other in the sky box, they shot lasers at each other depending if a red or blue player dies, and when a game is won
    Have 2 trigger_multiples (one filtered to each team) covering the whole map and use OnEndTouch which will fire every time a player dies and use OnEndTouchAll for when all players are dead, For a Pyro win, simply use a timer set to the length of the round.

11. Ty very much this should be usefull. This might just end up as the most epic map ever.

12. I've been trying to filter each team, but Im having some trouble doing so. Im guessing it should be under filter name, but taken into account it doesn't give me any suggestions on what to put in there Im not sure on what to write. Any suggestions?

13. Geit Coding wizard!

The filter name is the entity name of one of these: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Filter_activator_tfteam

14. Another quick question. I haven't played prophunt to really pay attention to this, so I'll just ask. For players that are props, does it use the same collision as if they were prop_statics? Is there any way to tell by jumping on a player that it is a player they are standing on and not a prop?

15. Geit Coding wizard!

The collision model is always that of the scout, that's the way valve coded it.

16. Cactus The key is to never give up

geit another link for prop library (to add) http://swamp.tf2maps.net/ the ABS only included 1 prop for props_swamp .

Open The swamp_zoo map and look for the green arrow thingy with the little circle its pointing at.

17. Neroxen Shadow Spy Not Here.

the proplibrary thigny dosent work :( theres almost no props in the map
    :( EDIT: oh sry i found the problem :3 WIN

18. Cactus The key is to never give up

For any one else that gets this problem:

Open The swamp_zoo map and look for the green arrow thingy with the little circle its pointing at, double click that (or properties on non camera screens) go on visgroups tick all the boxes you can; now exit and save the map again and you should have all the things in the pack.

19. Geit Coding wizard!

Added: You can offset a prop by putting the offset keyvalue in the brackets next to each prop, example: "models/combine_strider.mdl" {"offset" "0 0 520"} would offset the strider model so that the scout is near the striders feet.

20. Does prophunt support multi stage? I have 2 rounds that have an equal chance of being picked (equal priority), and i want to know if things like the game round entities are removed.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make Sentry Gun

2. 5bgm

3. prophunt offset

4. {offset 0 0 520},
  5. engineers kick ass