I Think my Time with GM is at an end

Discussion in 'Left 4 Dead' started by Tonkamania, 8 Jul 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Think my Time with GM is at an end

mainly because of L4D,

I actually love it more than TF2, and am pissed off with not even being invited to games by fellow members or peeps on friendslist.

I have spoken with some and as a rule it was first come 1st served, but tonight i joined and get told i have taken someones spot and you guessed it, Get Kicked!!

I tried to get GM L4D server going but no interest (thought it would allow everyone to get a game)

so enough is enough, sitting here looking at my pretty useless L4D game (expensive paperweight!)

No Hard feelings against anyone,

Enjoy the game (if u can get in!)

2. Re: I Think my Time with GM is at an end

If I get hold of a copy of L4D sometime soon buddy, I'll hit you up and get a game going :) If there's no space for you then there's unlikely to be a space for me, especially with my lack of skill...

I'm sorry you feel that it's time for you to leave GM - I can understand your feelings and think it's a real shame. However it'd be a real shame to lose you. I don't know what I'd do if I got raped (again) by a sentry gun I didn't see until it was too late and it wasn't yours :D

3. gig

Re: I Think my Time with GM is at an end

of course there's interest mate, s'why there's a mini tournament being organised. get a team sorted and you can come along :)

4. Re: I Think my Time with GM is at an end

this is the problem with l4d, ppl just make a vote and kick 'whoever they vote for' out.

If whoever is in, don't kick out ppl, ffs. even if it not non gm member. clan sacking ftl. I would be surprise if the 'vote starter' was from a gm member.

I understand ur point tonks.

wish u the best m8.

5. SnuggleMuffin SnuggleMuffin

nooo tonks :( you should really stay i love your sentries on tf2 :(

6. Fromage "The Cheese"

Well you are suppose to be able to organize non-first come first served games too. I mean there is enough people for two servers really, we was a small group that wanted to play and the servers kept crashing and if people take spots that are taken it causes problems..

I have no hard feelings against anyone but we have like 15 people that want to play and only 8 slots... if we want a non-first come game I think we should, the only mature thing to do is to accept it and organize your own, there is def. people out there willing to join.

Problem with this game is, you can't invite everyone and thats... bad, but that's the nature of the game. The only grown up thing to do is to act mature, accept it and join the next game, right?

Erik

Edit. First come first serve might end up in the same people coming into the games because they're faster.. and I don't want that.

7. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

was in the lobby so who ever the leader was can just kick people, anyway you shouldn't leave over a game thats on every day at around 10:00pm GMT+1 D: you could get 2 games running its easier that arguing :D

also your pro engi <3

8. Re: I Think my Time with GM is at an end

Look Tonks -- we had a game going and the server crashed -- it wasn't personal it was just that if you had played then another person who had already been playing wouldn't have been able to.

I've left a game before so that you could join it because I knew that you hadn't been able to have a decent game in a while, but why don't you set up a game and invite people? That way people will join and you'll have a laugh anyway.

I always invite you to games that get set-up if I'm in early enough, but more often than not it isn't a case of inviting people, especially at 10, everyone just jumps on the opportunity...

It would be sad to see you go Tonks, I remember playing on the servers early on and having a laugh with you and your random sprays -- L4D and TF2.

Anyway, think it over and if you still want to leave then you can, although it would be sad to see you go, especially under these circumstance, then you can.

Savage

9. Re: I Think my Time with GM is at an end

Don't reply to somthing you don't understand,

We started a game and the server crashed, we made a new one and tonka took someones place, if we just started the game its first come first serve but we started a game after the 1st server crashed. Im sorry you were kicked but it was only fair on vanish.

10. Fromage "The Cheese"

An idea.

We create a steam group with an announcement around 10pm asking for L4D interested people, then we put up as many servers as we need and play, any thoughs? I don't mind beeing a part of that so we can get rid of those issues. If sixteen wants to play, we make two servers, if nine people wants to play I can happily give my slot to anyone who want to play.

Erik

11. Re: I Think my Time with GM is at an end

Just a thought, the argument against a GM server was that i would take up 2 TF2 Slots on the Dedi (correct me if i am wrong!)

The only servers regularly used are DB/Balloon Race/GR&BW

The others are just hogging space on the server, could 2 of em not be canned in favour of a L4D server, which we can mod for 16 players?

It would certainly keep everyone happy and am sure it would be populated all the time (more than the occasional TF2 Match!)

BTW i have calmed down now (its my age! and i was ready to quit the whole community, sell my PC etc etc ) and am making no decisions ATM

I think we should throw open a poll to the community

LMK your thoughts

12. SnuggleMuffin SnuggleMuffin

Every1 that plays L4D here should join
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Friendz4Dead

All members can post announcements and events so if you want to play l4d you can just go like L4D nao every1 that wants to join get in the chatroom or something.

13. Re: I Think my Time with GM is at an end

GM isn't all about TF2 anymore. I don't even really play TF2 now anyway :P

14. Re: I Think my Time with GM is at an end

well I talking more about ingame, even though in the lobby, some ppl wait for 10-20 mins then you them you tell them to go cos you taken someone place, for example? :/

it's still a problem in l4d, the ingame votekick. ftl

tonks didn't mention the server crashed. :dance:

15. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

..this is ridiculous. Sad to see you go tonks =/

16. gig

could've fooled me ;)

17. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

oh noes! Is another sad day today!
    and you know I always invite u first ;)

18. Geit Coding wizard!

Locked. He's not leaving guy's, read the topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my time at gm