[Idea] Anime Beach Dodgeball

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Dark, 14 Mar 2009.

1. [Idea] Anime Beach Dodgeball

Anime Beach Volleyball failed. I'm quite happy to admit that. No killing + turn based is a recipe for failure.

What I don't want to do is let that huge 1000 line plugin go to waste, so I have devised a new plan with inspiration from gig...

Anime Beach Dodgeball :D

Basically, each team is placed on its own island and the players are equipped with flamethrowers, sticky bomb launchers and standard scout bats.

The sticky bombs will explode on contact, letting the game handle the damage (therefore hitboxes will apply). Players will receive one sticky bomb every 3 seconds. These stickies can then be reflected by the opposing team using either the compression blast or bat, depending on your preference.

Stickies which hit the ground will bounce Arkanoid-style if I can get that to work, and if not they will simply disappear.

Hopefully the added element of freedom coupled with the ability to kill other players will make this plugin stay fun for a bit longer than volleyball did. :)

2. Ash

Re: [Idea] Anime Beach Dodgeball

Sounds good :)

Could do it that one random person starts on red with stickies and all the rest on blue start with compression blast.. and when red hits a blue they become red till theres only one blue remaining or untill a certain round timelimit runs out?

3. Re: [Idea] Anime Beach Dodgeball

I'm not so sure about taking turns - better to have a fuckload of stickies in the air at once, but yeah the team swapping idea is great :D

I'll make it a 3 minute time limit or until a team runs out of players, then the other team gets a point, then some of the winning team's players are swapped back for the next round and so on :)

4. Re: [Idea] Anime Beach Dodgeball

Progress update:

- Basic island created (<3 cp_egypt palm tree models + sand/grass texture) - see screenshot.
    - I'm the first person (lolol) ever to achieve working third person in TF2 :D

[​IMG]

5. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

Omfg that picture next to your heath is sooo cute and cool.

6. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

oohh too nice!!

7. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

WOW who drew those pics and who did all the modeling?

8. Re: [Idea] Anime Beach Dodgeball

The models are from GMod and the HUD icons are completely separate from beach dodgeball :P

Also, if anyone happens to understand vectors and 3d maths and shit, I need some help with this:

I want to alter the sticky mine physics so they travel further and fall more slowly.

I can get the position and angles (z is irrelevant and always 0).
    I can set the position, angles and velocity.

So far I've got this, which fucks up the aiming (sometimes they go the right direction, sometimes they go in a random direction):

Code:
    decl Float:velocity[3];
    GetEntPropVector(ent, Prop_Send, "m_angRotation", velocity);
    velocity[0] = Sine(velocity[0]) * 1000;
    velocity[1] = Cosine(velocity[1]) * 1000;
    velocity[2] = 1000.0;
    TeleportEntity(ent, NULL_VECTOR, NULL_VECTOR, velocity);

9. Re: [Idea] Anime Beach Dodgeball

Never mind about the previous post - I got it working on the end. :)

Progress update:

- Map done and pakratted :D (it looks fucking epic, seriously)
    - Character is now rotated based on which buttons are being pressed as well as just the eye angle (makes strafing look more realistic).
    - Core gameplay almost done (still need to add win detection, but that will be incredibly easy compared to everything else).
    - Added right-click music player :D
    - Gave balls about 2-3x speed of normal sticky mines.
    - Lots of other shit (I'm no good with changelogs :P)

There will also be persistent stats (basically a mini-HLstatsX) which will work something along the lines of +2 points for a hit, -1 for being hit and +3 for being on the winning team.

And there might be some sort of competition if I can find a decent prize :)

10. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Guys gj with getting everything working but I still see this:
    [attachment=1:2h05ebhc]animebeachvolleyball_v20000.jpg[/attachment:2h05ebhc]
    [attachment=0:2h05ebhc]animebeachvolleyball_v20001.jpg[/attachment:2h05ebhc]

Attached Files:

11. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

texture fail :).

12. Re: [Idea] Anime Beach Dodgeball

That's Volleyball - it failed :P

This one has everything correctly pakratted and offered for download too, just in case. So hopefully there won't be any problems like that :)

13. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

So freakin cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute ^_^

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  14. Longbow Victorique <3

Nice work with this & Congrats on the 3rd person ^_^

Not sure if you noticed but after a round the teams shuffle and players who get switched get kicked with the message "team changes not permitted on this server."
    Also the balls are rather annoying still counting a hit if you walk over them. Perhaps make them ammo to pick up?

Hope you can fix it, would make it much better.

thanks, Longbow

15. Re: [Idea] Anime Beach Dodgeball

I'll see what I can do about the balls, but it won't be easy :(

And yeah there's still a fuckload of bugs to fix, but that's to be expected with a 1300-line plugin written from scratch in about three days :P

16. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

this is seriously gonna be sick! and ill certainly play it!

17. Re: [Idea] Anime Beach Dodgeball

It's been functionally finished for a while now, but unfortunately suffers from the same mysterious entity index corruption bug that plagued Anime Beach Volleyball :(

At some point I'll try and figure it out :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. idea anime

2. anime beach game

3. dodgeball anime

4. anime beach dodgeball,
  5. dodgeball anime new,
  6. dodgeball texture vector,
  7. anime idea bleach piece naruto,
  8. anime playing dodgeball,
  9. cp_egypt door,
  10. Anime Beach Dodgeball team fortress