idea for server #7

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by gRiMrEaPeRsco, 2 Jan 2010.

1. gRiMrEaPeRsco Thunder ... wait for it ... Penis

idea for server #7

Ive been thinking about server #7, how about instead of it being orange 24/7 it could be a custom map server, with a whole bunch of good custom maps on the rotation like cyberpunk, ctf_convoy and koth_mariokart etc etc

2. Buratinho Активный Член

never! leave orange alone!!!

3. Buratinho loves his orange :P

4. Gaw discord is my friend now

Since you can have like x2 the servers now, I second the custom map idea. What OP means is.. fun custom maps, not all serious ones like in TF2maps. harbl_hotel, cyberpunk, rats tequilla etc. I could get you all of the maps dark if you agree to do it. I'll upload 'em on the dedi :)

5. Poxie Ray-Banned

Implying mario_kart is a good map...

The only good custom maps, I've found, are freight, gullywash and obscure.

6. Spykodemon Disabled account

For quick agreeing, thank this post.

7. Geit Coding wizard!

No, It's faster to download it via RDP, the best you can do is compile a list of direct links so that dark can put them into a download manager, such as IDM.

8. Spykodemon Disabled account

I am sure he means custom fun maps

9. Gaw discord is my friend now

Yeah, I like custom maps but all of those that you have mentioned are "serious" ones. A serious server would be great aswell.. But I have a feeling dark is going to say no even to the fun custom one, so dont push your luck with the serious one :<

Yeah, I'll get the links once I've got the go ahead from dark. I'll have a look for some new unmentioned in this thread ones also.

10. Geit Coding wizard!

Gullywash looks like a 5 year-old put it together, the only good thing about it is that it appears to have used badlands as a basis of it's layout.

Obscure looks alright, from the limited screenshots I could find of it.

Frieght is meh, confusing and not very fun to play.

All custom maps that are designed for, or have been turned into, competitive maps are server killers. - Boring, Repetitive, etc etc. (cp_furnace is a good example of this.)

11. Spykodemon Disabled account

Can't you tell why?

12. Pac-Man~!

13. Achivement server anyone?

14. Idle server.

LOLOLOL.

15. gRiMrEaPeRsco Thunder ... wait for it ... Penis

is that a yes or no on the custom map server? im confused :s

16. A stable idle server that mentions other GM servers so people who join it will be informed of the other GM servers and the such.

Yeah... Anyway.
    A custom server would be nice with some of the awesome custom maps out there.

17. Who needs idle servers when you've got idler2 :P

Also no achievement servers - if we want to destroy our image we can just put up a bunch of 9001/9001 slot fake servers.

18. agree somehow , i personally would rather see a big offer of different servers than some less servers which actually run stable ... i mean since the update we suffer from massive lag caused by, i dunno for sure, the new offered servers ... what about offering like 4 servers which run stable and are popular (baloon race , payload and dbowl plus a 4th which needs to be found)

some ideas for a 4th server:
    stock rotation: hard to fill, once filled epic times
    custom rotation: discover the maps the masses like to play, for example cut out the shit maps out off stock rotations (yukon etc.)
    orange: some ppl seem to like it, i dont but fine with me
    idle: i dunno , but do we rly need such a server?
    arch: no!

i gotta add that i dont know a lot of costum maps, but getting a server up with like 5 maps every1 likes to play on would be a great step

PS: mind the time with spelling and such

19. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Darki this is one for you really: do you think we could set up some kind of system on the servers whereby people can make a one-time vote for their favourite maps? Either that or get them to actually come here and sign up...I'm just trying to think of ways to get full community feedback on which maps they'd like to see.

20. LOL :D

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. web. server7 packman