Ideas, Suggestions, Requests for orange fix6 and so on...

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by loll, 7 Jan 2013.

1. loll Master Exploder

Post anything you want to I'll attach an overview where you can draw your mapdesign/structure changes you like,
    and anything else just say and probably will be discussed.

To Do:
    • Fix env_sun and shadow_control. (due to weird shadowing)
    • Make tunnels to give a chance against snipers (requested by a lot of people)
    • (Stuff that gets suggested in the thread)
    Warning, amazing paint skills:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  2. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Keep in mind that the squares (tunnel exits) around the central tower should either both be against the wall or against the tower, so to say (symmetry).

Also, I don't know about them. Sure, many people'd like them (as would I, I think), but isn't adding them a bit too... radical? I wouldn't mind them, but...?

3. Not installing if there's any layout or gameplay changes

4. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

My biggest suggestion is simply this:

Make it playable.

Don't add in a lot of fancy shit that gets in the way. No Easter Eggs or crap like that.

Oh, and make sure Spys can still jump into the enemy spawn. That's always fun.

5. loll Master Exploder

Why not exactly?

6. ima Bean Go ham or go home.

Orange is already active the way it is, who knows what will happen if the whole map is suddenly different.

7. loll Master Exploder

That might be true, but I'm asking the people who play it regularly right here, maybe they say otherwise

8. Brent ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It takes way too long getting up the tower most of the time with sniper, engi, heavy etc. Maybe we could make a boost or elevator to get there faster. Also I think lasers that snipers constantly have to evade would be nice. This gives me more chance to shoot them.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. ima Bean Go ham or go home.

Still randomers make up around 40% of the server population, can't really afford to experiment especially when orange is now the only active(usually full) tf2 server we have.

10. Lasers and elevators. I like this guy already.

11. I think not.

• Douglas Douglas x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  12. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Randomers join orange because they're bored , regardless of what version of orange it is ..

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • List
  13. ima Bean Go ham or go home.

Yeah let's just make it 100% star wars themed. With droids randomly shooting you everywhere and shit

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. ima Bean Go ham or go home.

Would they still join if it was suddenly harder, and they wouldn't be able to 360 no scope? We'd loose all the 12 years olds, all the bad players who play orange because its an easy map. as much as the usual people would stay faithful to GM, all others can just play other orange maps as there's thousands of them(lol no like 20 maybe). I really don't think we can afford to do that.

15. loll Master Exploder

That isn't a bad thing imho
    Define "easy"

16. Blue Lambda Dosh grab it while it's hot

The Tunnel would be good idea

17. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Most people that snipe on orange usually go sniper just because they got bodyshoted themselves. When we take that away there wont be as many snipers on orange..

18. loll Master Exploder

I've got a suggestion that building in the spawn doors should be disallowed because it makes defending last a cakewalk with wranglers and level 3s. That'd make the games faster. But I dunno really because gameplay changes get 'hurr'd' so...

19. poloniumandrats Mutated Rat Pokémon

Is there any chance you could make it so that you don't have to jump on the rails and crouch jump to get up on the platforms nearest spawn? Maybe by having the stairs start further back and go a bit higher, possibly even directly onto the platform.Set gravity to 0 and make it allcrits + soldier only. Airshot battles

20. loll Master Exploder

I could replace the prop stairs with detailed brush ones... If it won't change gameplay and map layout :/

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Ideas Suggestions Requests for orange fix6 and so on