Ideas, Suggestions, Requests for orange fix6 and so on...

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by loll, 7 Jan 2013.

1. I think that if anything will be changed in the lay-out, the only reason it will be changed is to counter snipers. I only go sniper when I get bodyshot but since I'm a terrible sniper I usually go spy shortly after that and only target that one sniper again and again just for the hell of it.

Since Dark doesn't want to put class limit or map lay-out on this discussion pretty much ends here.

2. Basically what sheep said. I enjoy playing medic, and losing an uber I played carefully to build up just because the five snipers on the enemy team cut me down with a barrage of body shots is just frustrating. Make it harder for them.

3. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

A tunnel to near the tower would be a good idea, need someway of getting past the snipers

4. If you want to do something about snipers, do something about rocket jumping soldiers and sticky jumping Demos, who fly across the map from spawn and land behind our lines to one-shot the snipers.

Seems fair given you are seriously considering tunnels to counter snipers.

5. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

That takes skill. Sniping on orange does NOT take skill.

6. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

I would agree with this statement.

I've seen so many idiot Snipers on Orange, it hurts whenever I see someone post a "1337 skillz" scoreboard in the "Post your Pwnage" thread.

Orange has always been a Sniper duel map, with all the other Classes just providing targets. It's impossible to play when you have 6 Snipers on the other team, just lined up and blasting away.

Add 10 to the anger level if you get killed via a body shot from a Gibus & Pyrovision Goggle Sniper who taunts after every kill.

Let's make it a bit more challenging for Snipers, instead of a brightly colored shooting gallery.

7. loll Master Exploder

That is the point. Well said my friend.

I have a loadout w/ gibus+pyrovision+merc badge+canteen+machina+razorback :3 the best thing to troll on orange when I have insane lag or just had enough of getting body/headshotted every time i leave spawn.

8. For me some of the shadows are bugged. When you walk out of spawn you have the stairs thing, but you can see the shadow of the stairs on the other side of the wall. Same goes for people who are close to the wall in the tower. For instance when they walk on the first set of sloped in the tower, you can see the shadow from outside the tower on the wall.

9. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Yeah, I have that too. I kind of like it though, but yeah.

10. loll Master Exploder

11. You seem to do fine as spy though :P

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Meh, I disagree. Since there are usually 2 or 3 snipers on each team at all times (I've been on rarely where there was 1 sniper on one team only) they cancel each other out, unless they are really bad on one side.
    This happens too, but guess what? The demos, soldiers and Spies still take out the snipers regardless and you don't see me complaining :P

13. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Try again
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  14. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Again, i will stress that most people go sniper only because they get killed by a sniper themselves and because its easy to kill . If we take that away we have no problem :l I mean we can at least give it a go with some modifications to make sniping harder on orange and if it doesn't turn out for the best, we switch back..?

15. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

16. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

I refuse to go kritz since you keep asking.

17. loll Master Exploder

I'll be working on that as of now...

18. loll Master Exploder

[​IMG]
    this vs old?

also

Bright vs Moody? (outside)

Please tell me, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  19. coffeejunky GM's Tea-boy

Bright, but make sure shadows aren't borked ;)

20. Blue Lambda Dosh grab it while it's hot

The New is better than old Imo but still looks amazing keep the good work

21. loll Master Exploder

[​IMG]
    Is this lighting good? or brighter/darker than this? I fixed pretty much everything else.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  22. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Needs more alternative routes

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)