Improvements on tf2 servers

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by loll, 11 Feb 2013.

1. loll Master Exploder

Ultiduo:
    • Make it possible to restart tournament mode without rcon (very annoying)
    • ^OR make a winlimit of 2/3/5
    • Fix the weapon whitelist(atleast remove the gay cheap weapons like Direct hit,reserve shooter,buff banner,vaccinator,vitasaw etc.etc.)[Can provide a file, but tell me if you want it dark]
    • Fix Dsock name
    MGE:
    • Get the newest mge plugin to fix "spawn in black"
    • Get mge_training_v8
    Orange:
    • Fix the wierd stuttery lagspikes happening eversooften
    • Tell that idiot who makes the fixes to start goddamn working on the next one

2. So much goddamn agree ;)

3. Having no replay system should be a big help for the lagspikes

Seriously who actually uses it

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

i do ,raven , i've seen gnome and cactus use i think - and im sure that we aren't the only ones.

5. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Hi there.

• Zing Zing x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  6. ok but it won't be back for at least 2 weeks, that is the minimum time i need to confirm if it was causing the fuck ups

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

That's cool

8. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

I bet its just the samsung drive. Replace it problem solved.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. That's obviously a last resort, unless you want to go and do it

And if it were the disk's fault, it would mean that both disks are faulty and the SMART stats are completely wrong

• Zing Zing x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. The first major step would be to change filesystem - something I am strongly considering doing today given I have KVM access.

Just need to bring the backup fully up to date

11. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

I'd never fully rely on SMART tbh. It can never know the mechanical health.

12. By the fact that both disks have been spinning for 14k hours 24/7 with no fatal issues, I'd say they are both mechanically sound

13. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Still can never be sure.

14. I would put money on the fact that it's vibration causing all the disk issues

The amount of vibration produced by a bank of 6 fans and a cpu fan all spinning at 6000+rpm is fucking unbelievable.

I don't think there is any other explanation for both F3's suffering 'bad' sectors that magically fix themselves without reallocation

Time to invest in an enterprise grade hard disk I think, just need to find someone prepared to fit it. Decided no need for RAID, daily backups are more than adequate

15. I guess might as well take advantage of the one good thing the Samsung F3's offer - AAM. Hopefully a moderate setting (as opposed to off entirely) will slow the disks down a bit and reduce vibration error

16. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Might be a good idea to get some anivibration screws/rubberthings for the drives and fans. Might help a bit and their cheap

17. Case fans are all mounted with rubber things

CPU fan is probably irrelevant

Ironically the two F3's are mounted with anti-vibration screws and the absolutely perfect 3TB seagate is not.

18. So yeah, the plan is as follows:

- Operate with replays disabled and AAM enabled
    - If after 2 weeks nothing goes wrong, enable replays again
    - If something goes wrong within this time, max out AAM
    - If something goes wrong again following max AAM, buy constellation ES disk (or similar) and find someone willing to go to the datacentre and replace the worse F3

• Wizard Wizard x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Try get some members to chip in on new drives? Should get the WD enterprise ones.

20. That's the plan but not rushing into it if I don't need to. Avoiding WD however, due to their general policy of putting minimum effort into every tier (greens fail, blues are shit, blacks can barely raid, reds 5400rpm, etc)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)